Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF 1811 GL 7-9 Dec 5 posting

New posting. Good luck.

This is an excepted service Schedule B appointment not to exceed 3 years. After completing 3 years of satisfactory service, the employee may be converted without further competition to a permanent appointment in the competitive service. No other appointment types will be used for this hiring action.

Duty locations will be offered based on the needs of ATF. You will be able to select up to 3 location preferences. Please click 'learn more about this agency' to see a list of locations.

Vacancies will be filled in the following locations:
    Seattle FD: Eugene and Portland, Oregon.
    San Francisco FD: Fresno, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose and Stockton, California.
    Los Angeles FD: Los Angeles, Santa Ana, Santa Maria, Riverside, San Bernardino, California and Yuma, Arizona.
    Dallas FD: El Paso, Texas and Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Houston FD: McAllen, Brownsville and Laredo, Texas

This Job Announcement (JOA) is open until 12/14/2022 or midnight on the day we reach 3,000 applications, whichever comes first.​

Comment

I missed that. Was it on the posting somewhere?

Comment

It’s still up. Surprisingly it hasn’t even reach 3K applicants. Sign of the times.
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          This might be because the latest announcement only offers locations out west. A lot of people in my current agency are looking to jump ship but didn't apply to the most recent announcement because they don't want to go out west.

Agreed. Crazy.

Comment

The last few announcements have all gotten extended well past the end date due to lack of applicants. ATF is already hurting bad for bodies so they’ll keep pushing em out for a while I think.

Comment

• IroqouisB
            IroqouisB commented
            Editing a comment
            I predict continued announcements for a lot of agencies, much like USSS, FBI, and DSS.

We haven’t begun to see the void of bodies yet. Just wait until all the 9/11 era guys start retiring in droves.

Dont have to wait. Its already begun.

Comment

What is the job like when you get to the field? Do agents have to work it all( alcohol, Tobacco etc..... or are they put in specific units..... Alcohol group or explosives group etc.....

Comment

Its all violent crime related. An agent may go to an arson or an explosive scene but an agent that specializes in Arson or Explosions will end up taking the lead. its an awesome job though. if you like being behind a desk all day its not the right agency. if you like partnering with state and locals and being busy then you will love it. if you have any specific questions feel free to dm me

Comment

It has a lot to do with the locations. No one particular in my agency wants to go out west. Yes, ATF is a coveted job but not to the point ppl will over look locations.

Comment

I applied. No law enforcement background but do have a military investigative background. So hoping for the best

Comment

Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by Quin View Post
                      It has a lot to do with the locations. No one particular in my agency wants to go out west. Yes, ATF is a coveted job but not to the point ppl will over look locations.
                      People with LEO experience will avoid any location in a blue state unless they're already working there. I am fully prepared to reject the job offer if they want to send me to California, Oregon, Chicago, Washington, or New York.

Comment

• ASecretSquirrel
                        ASecretSquirrel commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I work in a blue state and love it. The benefits and salary are much better than what I was offered in red states. I find the issues people complain about in blue states extremely overblown.

You’re going to severely limit yourself if you don’t want to work in a blue state, especially at the federal level.

• Quin
                        Quin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree @A SecretSquirrel, you limit yourself. As a leo my goal was to get in the 1811 pool then move around which I have done. While I would rather stay close to home (Texas) I don't mind having to move out west or wherever to get an ATF job or USMS position (Which was the goal in the beginning) then moving back closer to home once something opens up. Don't Limit yourself!!

Any one with inside knowledge heard of another entry level nationwide announcement about to be posted? I know January 2022 had the entry level Special Agent posting which listed nationwide duty locations. Wondering if they were about to do another announcement like that. Thanks

Comment

• NYC1175
                        NYC1175 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was recently hired. During our orientation, they told us that the agency is about to go through a major expansion with the hiring of new agents. Keep checking USA jobs because ATF WILL be hiring a lot this FY and the next at the very least.

• Theout
                        Theout commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congrats on hiring! Not to steal the comment thread but how long did it take you to get on board ?

Has anyone heard anything since applying to this posting?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4725 users online. 259 members and 4466 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X