300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22-atf-sa-005

Starting this thread for those that applied to this announcement.

Time line:

App submission 12Sep22

Sent mine in this morning as well.
    DEA
    04/13/22- Sent application to recruiter
    06/03/22- Passed PT
    07/12/22- Passed Written
    09/27/22- Interview/Psych Questionnaire
    10/05/22- COL
    10/14/22-Interview with Psych
    11/15/22- Notified Drug Panel (COL) Cleared
    11/16/22-Fingerprints Completed

Comment

Applied as well.

Comment

My name is in the hat as well

Comment

Just finished my application. However, I never received a confirmation email after I submitted it on USAJOBS. My USAJOBS profile also states "you haven't finished your application" even though I have. I re-submitted it 2 more times to be safe. Is anyone having the same issue?

Comment

Applied as well. It said my application was submitted, but on the USAJobs homepage under application status it’s saying “you haven’t finished your application”. Anyone else getting that as there status even after submitting it? Also, anyone receive a confirmation email that it was received?

Comment

• FloridaDeputy11b
              FloridaDeputy11b commented
              Editing a comment
              I just commented on the same thing seconds before you did lol. Glad I'm not the only one.

It took a minute or two for it to register.

Comment

in for an ineligible for GS 7 and 9 notice like the last announcement

Comment

• Abaddon
                Abaddon commented
                Editing a comment
                You got your results already?

• Etoolqual
                Etoolqual commented
                Editing a comment
                He’s saying he applied to this announcement. But received the ineligible for 7/9 for the last announcement like many people with extensive experience. And has expectations for the same results.

• Abaddon
                Abaddon commented
                Editing a comment
                Etoolqual I misread that, I was super confused. I didn't think the ATF could move that fast lol

Got an e-mail saying they received my application. Hopefully, you all did, too, if you applied today!

Comment

Applied as well

Comment

I feel I missed the boat on this one. I can’t seem to find the announcement on USAJobs. For those who applied, was there a number cap on applications?

Comment

• smokeybear83
                    smokeybear83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It’s a direct link from the ATF website, go to careers and special agent and you’ll find the link there. It will redirect you to USAjobs but you can’t search for it.

• Kennywc
                    Kennywc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    https://www.atf.gov/careers/special-agents

• FreeRun297
                    FreeRun297 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you both. I greatly appreciate it.

Crazy that it’s still open. Even with 3 k applications limit

Comment

• Lfreezy
                    Lfreezy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would guess that the trends we’re seeing in state and local LE recruitment hold true, to some extent, in the Fed world as well.

• Levithane
                    Levithane commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lfreezy thats because A. The public largely doesn't want to do the job anymore and B. Federal agencies will arbitrarily cut people for unknown reasons, this is excluding legitimate reasons.

• Badger99
                    Badger99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1) Announcement doesn't show up on a USAjobs search, you gotta go to it from the ATF website. So unless you're in touch with an ATF recruiter or you follow one of these Fed LE boards, you won't know about this announcement.

2) Applications to LE across the board are down, including for federal 1811 jobs. To what degree it is caused by the trials & tribulations in recent years for LE, or scandals/bad press, I'm not sure.

3) Applications to federal government are down, especially to govt jobs where you can't telework. Basically, people see better options now outside of fed govt (and probably local & state govt too), more pay and much more flexibility/free time/etc. Lastly, post-9/11 and the end of GWOT, IMO people are also less likely to take a lesser paying fed job and the old mystique and prestige of being a fed has worn off IMO. JMO, but I bet the FBI had a lot of success recruiting in the past solely because that applicant could say one day "I'm an FBI agent". Times change and now fed orgs need to figure out how to incentivize and compete in a private sector market that did not exist decades ago and one that changed drastically during the pandemic.

4) The background check process. I can't tell you how many people maybe even get a conditional offer to be a fed employee but then drop off due to the clearance process taking forever. People get new jobs, marry, move away, etc and by the time a fed agency is ready to on-board many people have moved on. There's no easy fix, but what I will say is good luck getting skilled private sector applicants to sit through a 3 year process to be a GS-7 with the USMS, or 3+ years to start as a GS-10 as a FBI SA.

My apps back in the game for this announcement. Good luck y’all.

Comment

Anyone have any movement?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
                      Stay Salty VB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haven’t heard back yet

• Caksand
                      Caksand commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope, two other people I work with have not had movement either. Based on the last one it took about a month and we are right at that line. Should be hearing something in the next couple weeks.

Got an email to schedule testing.

Comment

• Caksand
                      Caksand commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Received mine as well. Status on USA Jobs still says "Received". I thought they changed the status to "Referred" or something based on the other forums.
                      Last edited by Caksand; 11-07-2022, 09:42 AM.

• Sb2475
                      Sb2475 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Same. Glad to see some movement.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1907 users online. 158 members and 1749 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X