Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schitzo thread

Comment

Begs the question, though. Does River City PD use polygraph examinations as part of their screening process? If so, I'd love to see samples of their relevant questions.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Word on the street is they use a vertical object in the seat, rather than a pad.

• Lfreezy
        Lfreezy commented
        Editing a comment
        A prostate monitor.

#1) Do you start, then abandon, nonsensical threads on LEO forums?

Comment

• dark321
        dark321 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok so I should respond to every comment. Let me get right on that.

• CCCSD
        CCCSD commented
        Editing a comment
        Or you could just not post things like this train wreck.

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        Words of wisdom...

What is the point of this thread? Anyone who has been in LE long knows that polygraphs are a unreliable technique, with results being highly dependent on the examiner.

Taking your post at face value, I don't see the problem with people complaining about their negative poly experiences in specific hiring threads. You can easily pass a poly at one agency and fail at another such as CBP. There doesn't need to be one megathread about polys. Or a thread for people who think the polygraph is infallible.

Comment

• ETX1811Hopeful
        ETX1811Hopeful commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn, I was going to start my 'Polygraph Appreciation Megathread' later this afternoon.

Someone needs to start a “Venting on Polygraph Venting Threads”, thread,……..

Comment

I wrote my master’s thesis on polys if anyone cares

Comment

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          No, but thanks anyway.

Originally posted by flawdaboi View Post
        I wrote my master’s thesis on polys if anyone cares
        I’m actually interested, please give me a quick run down of the thesis.

Comment

• NolaT
          NolaT commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve taken both, and found the CVSA to be much less stressful,…just being hooked up to the Poly is stress inducing!

Seriously, I’d like to read your thesis.

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually wasn't phased by the poly at all. I know it's fake science, but I was either going to pass it or not, and there was nothing I could do to influence it. Besides, the poly person can't see inside my head, so I just put all doubts out of my mind and moved through it.

• IroqouisB
          IroqouisB commented
          Editing a comment
          I honestly think it's a great investigative tool for the criminal element who is truly ignorant of how it works.

The only thing that bothers me about the device is how it's heavily based on a tiered scoring system for pre-employment. If no confessions are made, the merit of its score is the sole factor of dismissing an applicant. With the percentage rate of "failures" increasing, I can't help but wonder if agencies are truly missing out on great candidates and allowing sub-par ones through. Because typically, this phase of the process is before the in-depth field background investigations.

I've passed a few and failed a few where the questions were the exact same. It has its place within the realm of criminal investigations, but when it comes to pre-employment, I can't help but consider it a form of fraud, waste, and abuse or an unethical practice of eliminating candidates based on needs beyond someone's skill.

Just my .02.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          IroqouisB, The tool works if you have information that was developed on a candidate before hand. Given backgrounds occur after that more than likely doesn't happen. It still boils down to the examiner. Some examiners are very capable, others are absolute idiots and couldn't interview their way out of a cardboard box. The latter is especially evident when someone gets asked the fan favorite "how many times have you beaten your wife?" and the person sitting in the chair has never had a spouse.

Man. I can’t believe some of you are going to be 1811s.

Comment

Thread of the year.
          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2388 users online. 102 members and 2286 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X