Clear All

• Afosi 2022

2 postings on USAJOBS:
    ​​​​​​
    GS 7-13 here:
    https://www.usajobs.gov/job/669401000

GS-13 here:
    https://www.usajobs.gov/job/669406100

I applied and added this to my list of multiple pending applications... Good luck.

Thanks for posting. Same!

Comment

Applied as well. In the process with other agencies as well. Good luck!

Comment

They get a ton of apps and their hiring is very random. For entry level and PAQ, you'll have UPS drivers regularly get hired over people with PHDs/LE experience/foreign language.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter_Patriot View Post
          They get a ton of apps and their hiring is very random. For entry level and PAQ, you'll have UPS drivers regularly get hired over people with PHDs/LE experience/foreign language.
          I have never seen the scenario you’re referring too! I’ve only seen people hired with advanced degrees, language skills, particular skillsets, or experience (related to 1811 work, such as cop, etc). I think the UPS example is extremely far fetched.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            An OSI agent mentioned it in the main thread a year or two ago.

The recruiter for OSI told me that PAQ is meant for students and people without a lot of work experience. I see how that could translate.

What I mentioned happens with USMS. There were delivery drivers with connections in training for USMS at the same time I was at FLETC.

I wouldn't say it's common. But it happens enough that it's worth factoring in. I certainly know that interns and people connections have been hired over me when I applied for OSI. Law degree, National Guard, TS SCI clearance, five years fraud experience, two languages. And I was not as qualified as many that didn't get interviewed.

• IroqouisB
            IroqouisB commented
            Editing a comment
            You my friend Winter_Patriot are absolutely correct.

What people don’t realize, the fed is such a huge meat grinder, that anything beyond your 5 man team OIG Office — as long as you meet the minimum qualifications, you’re good. It’s how you sell your experience, your ability to fog a mirror, and luck to pass the expensive coin flip known as the polygraph (if applicable…).

It is actually not uncommon to meet someone with Target Security experience only, inside the fed as an 1811.. Add their University of Phoenix degree with a 2.3 GPA and boom! They’re even more golden.

The Jason Bourne’s of the world are actually the anomaly.

I went ahead and dropped an app for the GS 7-13 vacancy. I have never had much luck with these guys, PAQ or not. I don’t imagine the coin flip not going in my favor with the DEA will help me either, given a couple of the questions you have to answer during the app, but we’ll see.

Comment

• IroqouisB
            IroqouisB commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s like your swimmers getting to the egg. “Who dares wins.”

Amen brother! We’ll give it another go.

Comment

I had an offer for an interview earlier this year, but I had to turn it down because I just started at a new agency. So I'll throw my hat in the ring again and see what happens.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3253 users online. 212 members and 3041 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X