Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumors are that some locations may be calling people this week for interviews! Best of luck to all, if you can, let us know if you got called!

Comment

My coworker had an interview already from one location. Booneville, AR.

Comment

• Trey1977
        Trey1977 commented
        Editing a comment
        I interviewed for Mountain View, AR last Friday

Anyone get a call this week or hear anything?

Comment

• NCjoejoe
        NCjoejoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Crickets from this side of the country.

• NTEUMember
        NTEUMember commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope on the west coast

• Ej94
        Ej94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing on the east coast either..

Anyone having any luck or hearing anything else?

Comment

I haven't heard anything.

Comment

They made a selection for Booneville, AR.

Comment

It's a small, selective agency but keep trying. My CITP classmates were Forest Service LEOs and loved being there. The Forest Service people I know are very squared away. I wish I'd started there honestly.

Comment

Does anyone know if this last announcement is still active? Will they notify you if your not selected?

Comment

• OtherKD
                OtherKD commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you have the announcement number you applied to? Trying to see if it was the same one I tried for. Thanks.

• Ej94
                Ej94 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey,

Hiring is complete. I spoke directly to someone in the “LEO HR department”. They basically completed interviews and hiring within 3-4 weeks after the announcement closed. They just never updated the USAjobs status

Anyone apply to the announcement that was open last night?

Comment

• NTEUMember
                NTEUMember commented
                Editing a comment
                I threw my name in the hat before the 75 applicant cut off!

NPS is hiring LE Rangers, with no prior law enforcement experience. They will send you to FELTC. 400 applicant cut off.

Comment

• jdlmm80
                jdlmm80 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did this close? Can't find it anywhere. Only found temp listings

• jvela19k
                jvela19k commented
                Editing a comment
                jdlmm80 yes it closed like last week

NPS usually has a few year backlog of their Rangers awaiting LMPT. The way they treat their people is garbage.

Comment

• Ej94
                Ej94 commented
                Editing a comment
                Could possibly be right, the only thing I’d say is this is a new program. NPS has never paid for training before from what I understand. So it’s a pretty good opportunity in my opinion.

• hawaiitexas
                hawaiitexas commented
                Editing a comment
                NPS has never paid for training before? Ej94, you probably shouldn’t comment on things you have zero knowledge of.

• Ej94
                Ej94 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hawaiitaxes : you should probably freshen up on your reading skills. “From what I understand”… kinda hits the point that it’s just my understanding, not set in stone. My understanding is also that due to what some LE NPS folks have told me.

Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

• TxOfc92
                TxOfc92 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not sure, I'm behind the fence at the prison until 4pm today. You have previous fed or leo time? Good luck on your interview. Hopefully it isn't just 1 position, maybe we'll be in training together.

• jvela19k
                jvela19k commented
                Editing a comment
                The good ol prison…. Nps sent out a reference check last week for my people, but wasn’t sure if it was for the same announcement. Thanks and good luck to you as well. Do you have military and fed Leo? Yea hope we will be training together. If I remember correctly it’s more then 1

• TxOfc92
                TxOfc92 commented
                Editing a comment
                5 years county, 2 yrs fed (in Dec), BA in CJS with honors, no military. I put in for the mass NPS one last week also before it closed. Chose the TN and a couple other locations but also selected negotiable just in case.

• TxOfc92
                TxOfc92 commented
                Editing a comment
                I received a "Tentatively Eligible for GL-9" email today from the NPS posting, so now I guess they'll start reviewing my resume and reaching out to references if I had any listed. Nothing on the Forest Service one, Thursday is 2 weeks since my interview and planned on reaching out to the Captain if I hadn't received word by then.

I saw someone mention 25% AUO pay is applicable to this position before, can anyone confirm that? It'd definitely make me feel better about a relocation and career change without a paycut.

Comment

Originally posted by jvela19k View Post
                Has anyone heard anything?
                Hey they checked my references and I interviewed recently. Not for TX though.

Comment

• jvela19k
                  jvela19k commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are did my reference check last week. Did you interview first or did they check your references first?

Originally posted by TxOfc92 View Post
                I saw someone mention 25% AUO pay is applicable to this position before, can anyone confirm that? It'd definitely make me feel better about a relocation and career change without a paycut.
                Yes AUO is authorized. It can be up to 25%. Plus you will get FLSA, which is about 12.5% additional.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4844 users online. 287 members and 4557 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X