Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RU985
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely wish you the best of luck. Part of me feels like if you haven’t been notified yet you may be in the clear; but let’s be real nobody knows and they seem to do whatever they want, not to mention completely contradict themselves. I was selected so long ago/quickly that I’m almost completely positive it was simply because I had “failed” a previous federal poly. Actual background means nothing to them. Gotta love it. Good luck though!

• Stay Salty VB
    commented on 's reply
    RU985 well i have completed those steps, do not have a fed poly under my belt, and selected a non incentive location and have not received notice yet. It may still yet be coming but I’m not sure how it’s working is what I’ll say for now

• RU985
    commented on 's reply
    Incentive location selected. I hadn’t filled out an eqip for HSI before I got the “You need a poly” email in late august, several weeks ago. Mr Dark seems to think I’m making things up which is nonsense. I can only assume they automatically make anyone poly who checked the box way back in the initial application in February about “Have you taken a federal poly before?”

• RU985
    commented on 's reply
    Again, Mr. Dark has a hilarious habit of making statements based on sheer guesswork without a shred of factual information. I received notice way back in late August that I would have to poly. I really don’t care if you don’t believe me but I can assure you I have much better things to do than enact some strange plan of lying on an online forum about a hiring process.

• JakeA6134
    replied
    I just found this PDF while looking for some timelines for the Hiring Process. It was updated Feb of 2022 and has a lot of answers. Hits on the polygraph, medical stuff, and mentions that it should take 'roughly' 3 months from COE to EOD.

2022 HSI FAQ.pdf (cdn-website.com)

Leave a comment:

• JakeA6134
    commented on 's reply
    yankeeman319 When were you notified you had to poly? Someone else had posted they were notified before they even submitted their e-QIP or did medical.
    Last edited by JakeA6134; 09-21-2022, 12:34 PM.

• JayKayy
    commented on 's reply
    according to the new policy all new SA hires are subject to the poly requirement whereas before prior-DHS employee applicants were not..... poly selection is still on an "at risk basis"..... what that means is still nebulous"

all that means is that prior-DHS were not required to take the poly previously, whereas now everyone is subject to poly. Being subject to a poly does not mean that everyone will have to take one. It is still risk based and/or random spot check.

• RetiredVet19
    commented on 's reply
    per the local recruiter: "according to the new policy all new SA hires are subject to the poly requirement whereas before prior-DHS employee applicants were not..... poly selection is still on an "at risk basis"..... what that means is still nebulous" ....... I've asked to be informed if that understanding of the new policy changes..... there just isn't the resources available to poly everyone AND make the timelines they're striving for.....
    Last edited by RetiredVet19; 09-20-2022, 08:02 PM.

• yankeeman319
    commented on 's reply
    I'm flying from across the country as well. Not happy about having to fly to Texas, but I want the job, so I will do what I have to do to get it. It is only offered in Texas.

• Stay Salty VB
    commented on 's reply
    Was getting ready to ask what the indication on locality accommodations were. Was it a firm only done in Dallas? Or are they open to other offices? I’ve heard both rumors.

I have no problem taking a poly, I do have a problem shelling out hundreds of dollars to travel across the country and do one. I sincerely don’t have that kind of budget to do that on a whim. If anyone wants to help me crowdfund a ticket and hotel costs, let me know lol.

• cmor5150
    commented on 's reply
    How are they going to handle 1300 applicants flying to same office in Texas for a poly? Makes no sense that they can’t do it locally..

• yankeeman319
    replied
    I got selected for Poly. Current 1811. Was told that all new hires were being given polys. I believe that, since I have no foreign contacts, interests, etc and no risk indicators.

Be prepared to fly out to Texas for the poly.

Leave a comment:

• Stay Salty VB
    replied
    I’ve knocked out e-qip, scheduled my prints and medical, and haven’t heard yea or nay on a poly so far. Not entirely sure how anyone would have heard about one yet unless they were a major security risk up front or prior Fed trying to lateral and much farther ahead in the process than most of us. If anyone has better info than I feel free to chime in I’m not sure how the rest of the process plays out.

Leave a comment:

• dark321
    commented on 's reply
    Yea I'd ignore the poly nonsense. No one from this announcement has gotten to the poly stage. It's the same guy who keeps posting on reddit, delphi, and here who keeps claiming he is under this announcement and got selected. I almost think it's some weird tactic to get people discouraged so they withdraw from the process or something.

Take it on step at a time. If you get selected, you get selected and you deal with it then.

• JakeA6134
    replied
    For those of you who have already completed Medical, have any of you personally been selected to Poly? I keep reading "A friend of mine said" or "A buddy I work with was selected" but no firsthand comments.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4502 users online. 297 members and 4205 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X