Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed Phase I also, but haven’t received a follow up email yet.

Comment

• Besides the main website which has a small study guide. Where else can we get good phase II test prep material that’s recommended?

Comment

• Lfreezy
        Lfreezy commented
        Editing a comment
        Never bought them myself but SABlog recommends the Sgt Godoy materials.

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have used the Sgt Godoy materials and found them very helpful. If you're unfamiliar with the FLETC style testing I imagine you would benefit even more.

• IroqouisB
        IroqouisB commented
        Editing a comment
        I ended up getting Sgt. Godoy's HSI prep. It's pretty good material.

• Check your emails, folks. Scheduling invites are going out. Get a good slot before they all fill up!

Comment

• kvasir
        kvasir commented
        Editing a comment
        My closest testing site is 88 miles away. smh Usually the local testing center is free, but I think it has more to do with whatever contract they use for the testing service.

• Looks like two test, one Spanish and another in English. I scheduled two one for tomorrow which I’m guessing is the Puerto Rico one, and the English for Saturday good luck fellas

Comment

• ghambone
        ghambone commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a Spanish exam?

• Crazy enough failed this one lol but got a FO sooo not to bummed lol good luck everyone in this process!

Comment

• Nubs101
        Nubs101 commented
        Editing a comment
        FO? I also failed it which was a bit surprising as I didn’t think it was too difficult. Who knows.

• Grey De Leon
        Grey De Leon commented
        Editing a comment
        Nubs101 FO = Final Offer, I applied to see how I’d do, I’ve passed all the other 1811 so wasn’t really thinking I’d go through the entire process anyways.

• dark321
        dark321 commented
        Editing a comment
        You failed the phase 2 exam and still went got to interview/background/poly etc and got offer!? how?

• Grey De Leon
        Grey De Leon commented
        Editing a comment
        dark321 FO with another agency ATF, just threw my hat into the HSI pool to check it out was close to the finish line with ATF but was still keeping my options open.

• Does anyone know if we would be able to change one of our 3 selected locations at a later point in the process?

Comment

• cmor5150
        cmor5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wondering the same, sucks I wanted Phoenix or Tucson but didn’t want to risk getting Douglas or Nogales..

• tarquinusmc
        tarquinusmc commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean they are basing applications off of locations you picked so I would be surprised if they would.

• IroqouisB
        IroqouisB commented
        Editing a comment
        You go where the G wants you to go.

• Jman917
        Jman917 commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried this on a prior announcement and was told once the announcement closes no changes can be made.

• Originally posted by smokeybear83 View Post
      Does anyone know if we would be able to change one of our 3 selected locations at a later point in the process?
      Same question I have. I regret not choosing Houston, TX. :/ hopefully they give a wide selection of locations like CBP does for example.

Comment

• Bidstar
        Bidstar commented
        Editing a comment
        Stay Salty VB I’m just hoping I get offered Houston SAC honestly. It was an incentive location and still kicking myself
        For not selecting it lol.

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        Bidstar well if I get Houston and you get Tampa I’ll gladly swap lol. I’m sure if you drop a friendly hint during the face to face parts of the process that you’d be more than willing to slide to Houston it wouldn’t hurt your chances of going.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Houston wasn't an incentive location on the list in the announcement

• Bidstar
        Bidstar commented
        Editing a comment
        Stay Salty VB That sounds like a deal! Let’s see what happens haha

• Originally posted by smokeybear83 View Post
      Does anyone know if we would be able to change one of our 3 selected locations at a later point in the process?
      I selected only hardship island locations...I'm hoping there's not much competition for them.

Comment

• I did big offices
        Last edited by dark321; 09-05-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Delete/disregard
          Last edited by Stay Salty VB; 03-31-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
            Stay Salty VB commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, I’m having trouble scheduling the ATF test as well. Every time I use the link in their email, it takes me back to the HSI scheduling appointment….anyone else having this issue?

• Stay Salty VB
            Stay Salty VB commented
            Editing a comment
            Nvm I figured it out. No slots open in a reasonable distance/time for either test so I’m out for both processes by default unfortunately. Good luck all.

• Double disregard….someone must have canceled near me as I was able to schedule both upon furious refreshing of the web page lol. They’re on the same day so I’m gonna be stressed but better than dropping out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay Salty VB View Post
            Double disregard….someone must have canceled near me as I was able to schedule both upon furious refreshing of the web page lol. They’re on the same day so I’m gonna be stressed but better than dropping out!
            Good luck! I was going to say I had the same issue with the scheduling going to the page where I had already completed assessments with the DEA. I ended up having to create separate login and passwords for each. How did you end up handling it?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
              Stay Salty VB commented
              Editing a comment
              Ultimately I had to do the same thing, and it took several refreshes on both accounts to get a time slot closer to me. Don’t know if it’s a clerical error or dumb luck but either way I’ll take it.

• jazz77
              jazz77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad it worked out for you. Luckily I have a place in town that does proctored exams. I wasn't looking forward to traveling for it. I've heard that the interviews are over zoom now as well but who knows if that's going to stay the case.

• Stay Salty VB
              Stay Salty VB commented
              Editing a comment
              I went from having to travel two states over to one city over. I’m just fine with that lol.

• My HSI phase 2 assessment is complete. I was hoping to get my results at the end when I was leaving, but they said I’d be hearing from ICE later. If phase 1 is any indication it looks like I’ll be stuck waiting roughly until May 9th to know if I passed. If I was more confident in my results the wait would be a lot easier. Lol.

Comment

• Finished the first exam and the second one I’ll take it on Saturday. I feel like it was alright. It remind me of the CBPO exam in a way lol.

Comment

• Is the study guide they have a clear indication of exam difficulty?

Comment

• IroqouisB
                  IroqouisB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I took the written way back in 2015. I remember it being really math heavy and there was an extensive written section at the end. It appears the HSI written is completely different now. Therefore, I too, am curious on what the essential material will be.

• FishRepairs
                  FishRepairs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From the few questions in the study guide, it looks like there is no math section, looks like the udee/saee somewhat based off the guides themselves.. someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

• kvasir
                  kvasir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't know the answer, but I would include this guide, which has a math section, in your studying: https://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/satestprep.pdf

• DoubleHaul
                  DoubleHaul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is no math section in the phase 2 test anymore. There's a writing skills assessment (basically a grammar test), a logical reasoning assessment, and a candidate experience record.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3561 users online. 242 members and 3319 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X