Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question for anyone who might know: how much of an impact, if any, does demographics have on initial duty location?

Comment

• jazz77
      jazz77 commented
      Editing a comment
      In theory none....other than in situations like the female only announcement last year

Threw my name in the hat. What is grade progression like for HSI? One year in between grades for grades 7-9-11 and two years for 12-13?

Comment

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it is one year in between all grades until you hit GS-13. GS-14 are promotional positions and you have to apply for those.

• Wise135
      Wise135 commented
      Editing a comment
      Annually from Grade 7 -> 9 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13. GS-14 is a supervisory position that you must apply for.
      Last edited by Wise135; 03-03-2022, 11:51 PM.

• nyc1811
      nyc1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for clearing it up

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      12 is not skipped. 7, 9, 11, 12, 13.

Has anyone received any correspondence about Phase I Assessments yet? Just wondering if they’re sticking true to the anticipated assessment window.

Comment

• Grey De Leon
      Grey De Leon commented
      Editing a comment
      Take it with a large grain of salt, think of it more as a projection and hurry up/wait.

• Jrod26
      Jrod26 commented
      Editing a comment
      @2B18-11

The announcement said the anticipated (online) assessment window would start March 4th.
      Last edited by Jrod26; 03-02-2022, 06:00 PM.

• Mike01
      Mike01 commented
      Editing a comment
      No. Hasn’t stopped me from wearing out my refresh button on usajobs and my email.

I'm not sure if anyone else has looked at sablog site but there's a really great program that helps prepare you for the hiring process

Comment

Just received the email for phase 1 good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. Its a good agency.

Also just received an email for Phase I assessment

Comment

Just got email for Phase I Assessment.

Hope everyone that applied actually read the announcement, unless you selected a hard-to-fill location, you may not get an email:

"Veterans and applicants choosing one or more of the locations with an incentive will receive priority consideration and will move forward in the testing process. Additional applicants will be referred in the order in which their initial application was received. If additional vacancies become available, we will seek candidates to move forward in the testing process based upon the order in which their initial application was received."

Comment

• Springsteen
          Springsteen commented
          Editing a comment
          Completely put the wrong location on my application on accident I just noticed, any chance of changing location preference? I actually meant to put one that has incentive pay. Can you change the preference if you get selected to move forward I wonder?

• MRAGE10
          MRAGE10 commented
          Editing a comment
          What time did everyone get their applications in? Mine was submitted at 1729 est. I picked a hard to fill location with no email yet, but also a DHS only applicant.

• Grey De Leon
          Grey De Leon commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the email, I'm a vet also.

• MVDEASAA2019
          MVDEASAA2019 commented
          Editing a comment
          Springsteen. You typically are not held to the initial locations selected. There will be office selection at the end of the process based off needs and current office vacancies. It may be different for these hard to fill/incentive locations though. As they're looking to rush fill/expedite those fills, they may verify at an earlier point that you are willing to go to those locations and may have to sign on the dot sooner that you will go there. ie: Maybe at the point of a conditional offer. (though this is just speculation).

Got my email as well, they’re keeping up with that timeline they posted so far. Good luck y’all.

Comment

Edit edit edit
          Last edited by Bullockry14; 03-04-2022, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Who in here apply to Puerto Rico posting?

Comment

• NoliKenpo
              NoliKenpo commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I am bilingual. I am fluent in Spanish.

• Johngomez1997
              Johngomez1997 commented
              Editing a comment
              NoliKenpo oh very cool, definitely pair up at a later time in the process. I spoke to a recruiter and was told I got more chances of getting hired in Puerto Rico since the agency only looking for bilingual their.

• NoliKenpo
              NoliKenpo commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I’ve actually lived most of my life in Puerto Rico. I’m just trying to go back somehow.

How’s your Spanish?

• Johngomez1997
              Johngomez1997 commented
              Editing a comment
              Edit Edit Edit
              Last edited by Johngomez1997; 03-05-2022, 05:06 PM.

Originally posted by Bullockry14 View Post
            I'm relatively sure I will not move forward in the process. I mistook 500 words maximum for 500 words minimum. I believe my submission did not save due to my error of writing over 500 words. What a shame; good luck to those moving forward.
            The minimum was 100 words, maximum was 500.

Comment

• yankeeman319
              yankeeman319 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you should be ok if you went over 500.

Phase two is on March 30, see ya in a few weeks.

Comment

• Blueman143
              Blueman143 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Bidstar, did you receive any feedback on the Phase I Assessment?
              Last edited by Blueman143; 03-05-2022, 02:06 PM.

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Blueman143 no but we will find out before the end of the month.

• Blueman143
              Blueman143 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, man. Good luck!

How long to receive the results? I thought I saw somewhere that said Phase 1 results were immediate? I didn't get anything yet.

Comment

• NoliKenpo
              NoliKenpo commented
              Editing a comment
              Remember that they have to read your writing sample to “grade it”. There’s no way the results are immediate. The government doesn’t use fancy artificial intelligence to grade an applicant’s essay.

• Blueman143
              Blueman143 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same, dark321; I have not received any feedback as well

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              The writing assessment was called the AWA, automated writing assessment. It specifically said it wasn't being graded by a person in the description before you took it as well.

Anyone know if recent completion of medical and background with ICE DO application will transfer over?

Comment

I just completed the phase 1 assessment. However, I did not receive an e-mail confirmation that I completed the test. My application in USA Jobs has also not updated to reflect i completed the assessment.

Did anyone receive anything?

Comment

• dsabusmc
                dsabusmc commented
                Editing a comment
                I did not get anything either so I am assuming it went through ok.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2607 users online. 195 members and 2412 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X