Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The announcement is open and says may be referred for poly. How often is that now. I read somewhere everyone has to go thru it now

Comment

• Grey De Leon
      Grey De Leon commented
      Editing a comment
      Everyone goes through it unless you've taken a DHS one in the last year, sometimes depending on the hiring cycle they'll take DOJ/DOD poly but not always a guarantee. Just think of it as part of the weeding out of the process, at least 50% of applicants will be KO from this alone.

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      Now, what if you are already an ICE employee...ERO for example? Is the polygraph still mandatory?

https://www.usajobs.gov/job/639000300?PostingChannelID=

GOOD LUCK

Comment

I just Applied for both Puerto Rico and selected three other locations in the mainland let’s get it boys!!

Comment

May the odds be ever in your favor!!! Quick tip..if you are looking at the “Recruitment Incentive” the RGV is not bad at all Brownsville, Harlingen, McAllen. All are close to South Padre Island, cost of living ect..Jmo.

Comment

Already Posted above

Comment

Submitted, I think we crashed the website lol cause it’s stuck on “Application is being Processed” screen but hey, good luck to all.

Comment

Thankfully that was a pretty simple asessment and not the insanely long ATF one where they ended up denying everyone recently saying ineligible hah

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
              Stay Salty VB commented
              Editing a comment
              That one was insane and riddled with typos/errors. 80 some questions just to submit an application? C’mon, man.

• Grey De Leon
              Grey De Leon commented
              Editing a comment
              No stranger then USMS one I took in 2020 after doin the application, did a online assignment whole thing took me 1.5hrs. I was eligible but never referred. Literally feel like all these 1812 jobs are a crapshoot/lottery system.

Hey guys just out curiosity dose this position require a bachelors degree?

Comment

• DoubleHaul
              DoubleHaul commented
              Editing a comment
              It doesn't require a degree if you qualify based on work experience. The qualifying experience must be in law enforcement though.

• Ratatatat
              Ratatatat commented
              Editing a comment
              I've only known two guys without degrees. One was a cop for 10 years and known to the local sac office. The other was a former SF operator with plenty of trigger time under his belt.

• Stay Salty VB
              Stay Salty VB commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t have a degree, 11 years as a cop though, 5 as an investigator. Throw your name in regardless, worst they can say is no.

• Calitown
              Calitown commented
              Editing a comment
              Ratatatat
              Damn, SF Operator huh? I would stack up on some $$$ in the private sector with that experience, not go 1811.
              As to answer the question, a degree is not a requirement. Some of the HSI guys at my office do not have degrees, few of them came from BP and ICE ERO. Basically if you cannot substitute the education part with prior investigative/police work, you would need a degree.

Originally posted by CA0331 View Post
            Hey guys just out curiosity dose this position require a bachelors degree?
            No. I was hired as a 9 for HSI, no degree, no vet. Competitive pool though. My HSI academy class of 24, only two of us didn't have it. Everyone else had bachelor's, many with master's, some pursuing higher degrees too.
            Don't assume you won't get it because of that. Apply all the same. Good luck.

Edit: I'm no longer HSI and haven't been for a few years so I won't be able to answer any specific questions about the current hiring, policies, and other stuff on PMs unfortunately. Happy to field any Qs though on messages. Great agency and job. Just accept a location you're willing to be at 5+ years.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Anyone have any insight on how long the hiring process takes from application to EOD? I know it varies between agencies and the expectation is a couple years and forget that you applied so you get little surprises here and there...

Comment

• B0J0B7
                B0J0B7 commented
                Editing a comment
                You’re looking at about a year and a half for most. This announcement has a timeline that I’d refer to as ambitious, given prior experience and stories from others.

• smokeybear83
                smokeybear83 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, I figured around the 1-2 year mark would be typical but the assessments, including interview, timeline they put in the announcement seemed pretty quick. I’m sure most of the wait is with backgrounds, medical, poly, etc.

Is there anything to study for the Phase I and II written portions or is it similar to FBI exam where you either "have it" or not ...

Comment

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/ciPrepGuide.pdf

Comment

I like that we have somewhat of a timeline on what to expect once the announcement close:

Phase I Assessments:
                  • An invitation to complete an online assessment will be extended to those given priority consideration.
                  • Assessments in Phase I can be taken during the time frame specified in the invitation email and may be completed from any computer with internet access.
                  • Anticipated assessment window: March 4 - 8, 2022
                  Phase II Assessments:
                  • Applicants passing Phase I assessments will receive an invitation to complete Phase II assessments; detailed information about the scheduling process will be emailed.
                  • Phase II assessments are taken together, under the supervision of a proctor, by appointment only at ICE-designated testing centers.
                  • Anticipated assessment window: March 30 - April 12, 2022
                  Phase III Structured Interview:
                  • Applicants earning passing scores on all Phase I and II assessments will be referred for a Structured Interview.
                  • These interviews will be administered throughout the country following Phase I and II assessments.
                  • Interviews may be conducted in person, telephonic, or in a virtual environment. Applicants who successfully complete Phases I, II, and III will be placed in a category based upon their combined scores from the assessments.
                  • Anticipated assessment window: May 9 - 27, 2022
                  I wish other agencies were as transparent as HSI is trying to do in this announcement.
                  Last edited by Bidstar; 02-24-2022, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• DSApplicant
                    DSApplicant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just applied. I was super impressed that they gave us a timeline! I mean, I can wait as long as I have a general idea of how long. Other agencies should take note lol

• Calitown
                    Calitown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice, thank you.

• Usmc061
                    Usmc061 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Where did you see this timeline?

• Bidstar
                    Bidstar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Usmc061 it was in the main usajobs announcement in the bottom.

I am very curious to see if their actual timeline matches the one they posted on the announcement.

Comment

• Grey De Leon
                    Grey De Leon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Doubt it, but at least they have a game plan.

Thank you OP for letting us know about the announcemnet. With the short window, I would have missed it, if it wasn't for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2784 users online. 202 members and 2582 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X