Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received the final offer call yesterday, about 3 weeks after the PFT. I was offered my first location choice, which was a major city not on either coast or southwest border.

Comment

• JakeA6134
      JakeA6134 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on getting your final offer!

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations. When is your EOD And fletc date?

• Dagger7
      Dagger7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you pick an incentive location? Also, which announcement?

• DoubleHaul
      DoubleHaul commented
      Editing a comment
      I picked an incentive location as my third choice, but the location offered (my first choice) was not an incentive location. Don't have an EOD yet because HR has to process my CITP waiver first.

• Got scheduled for my PFT on Dec 6th.

Comment

• Cross326
      Cross326 commented
      Editing a comment
      InsideScoop I passed just waiting on a call. I hear the academy is in Jan

• InsideScoop
      InsideScoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Good luck

• EnforceTheLawBro
      Editing a comment
      Have you gotten your final offer yet? If so how soon after your PFT?

• Cross326
      Cross326 commented
      Editing a comment
      @EnforceTheLawBro yes I got my final offer a little less than two weeks after my PFT.

• Anyone else still waiting to hear back on med waivers?

Comment

• EnforceTheLawBro
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately still impatiently waiting. Yourself?

• InsideScoop
      InsideScoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Same no progress no e-qip

• EnforceTheLawBro
      Editing a comment
      It sucks. I’m tired of checking my email daily. Lol. Are you a current fed?

• InsideScoop
      InsideScoop commented
      Editing a comment
      No I am not. Local LEO

• Was just contacted to schedule my poly on the east coast. Hopefully that’s a positive sign for my med waivers.

Comment

• Justaguy95
      Justaguy95 commented
      Editing a comment
      When’d you submit eQip? Also good luck!!

• cmor5150
      cmor5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Schedule your poly on the east coast? You don’t have to go to Texas?

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Justaguy95 e-Qip was done august-ish IIRC. cmor5150 nope, DC area. They offered a TDY for poly examiners and I got lucky on the timing.

• Anyone still waiting for e-qip?

Comment

• RetiredVet19
      RetiredVet19 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got mine yesterday..... which considering I already have an active clearance, kinda surprised me...... would have thought somebody somewhere would have screened for that since it all goes through the same process and organizations............

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got an eqip like a month ago, and I too have an active TS with the bells and whistles. Who knows what they’re doing.

• Can any one on here shed light to HSI’s mobility agreement? Does HSI commonly move their Agents after their first 3-4 years at their first Field Office as a standard practice? Or can Agents stay in their original field office if it’s a good fit? Thanks guys

Comment

• Jrc1896
      Jrc1896 commented
      Editing a comment
      Never move people involuntarily. You can stay in your first office forever if you want.

• Achiever1911
      Achiever1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      As of this comment, they haven't initiated any involuntary relocations for Special Agents. If you want that, then the Secret Service, Department of State and NCIS will definitely move you around.

• Does anyone know if anything from the Deportation Officer process carries over to HSI? Specifically medical? I would hope so as both are under ICE.

And is it harder to join HSI if you are a DO? I’ve heard that they make it a little harder because they don’t want to lose people. If that’s the case, I’ll stay with BP.
    Last edited by calbraz; 12-09-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Beenaroundtheblk
      Beenaroundtheblk commented
      Editing a comment
      Just stay BP!! If your endgame is HSI going DO doesn’t benefit you anymore than BP. Over 1/3 of my office is former BP and only one person is former DO.

• calbraz
      calbraz commented
      Editing a comment
      Beenaroundtheblk

Well, I was leaning that way but you convinced me. I feel the experience I’ll get here is more beneficial too. Plenty of drug cases, arrests, intelligence, etc. DO just sounds like a parole/detention officer. Plus, I do not want to have to do another academy for DO just to have to do another one for HSI. My wife would kill me. Thank you.
      Last edited by calbraz; 12-10-2022, 05:08 PM.

• Beenaroundtheblk
      Beenaroundtheblk commented
      Editing a comment
      Also a lot of intel guys here are being sent to FLETC for CITP while still with BP so if you could get that then that’s half the battle done right there.

• Achiever1911
      Achiever1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would stay with BP if you want to be with HSI. If it didn't matter, I would say go with ERO because your academy will be shorter since you are already BP. ERO academy will not count towards HSI. You will still have to do the 7 months in CITP/HSISAT.

• Does anyone know if they accept poly results from two years ago with CBP?

Comment

• Is anyone else not getting responses to their emails to the medical unit?

Comment

• FalconPunch
        FalconPunch commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I received a Second Chance letter last month and submitted what they asked for, but still haven't received any confirmation they are even reviewing it. Very frustrating. Guess I'll find out on the 18th. I still haven't received any word regarding EQIP or poly. Current fed here

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        I am still waiting on med review/waivers but have been scheduled for my poly in the meantime. Not sure if that’s a good sign or what

• MIL2LEO
        MIL2LEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Received the email to confirm my PFT location today. I had a medical follow up that I submitted in October and haven't heard anything since. So, no confirmation from the med unit, simply the PFT email.

• RetiredVet19
        RetiredVet19 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, I'm hamstrung as a geo-bachelor away from my PCP...... having to establish care with a new provider and hoping to get these letters...... I've sent several emails asking about extensions, but no response...... I did get my e-QIP last week though, so hopefully..............

• HSI announced an entry level general job announcement for Jan 10 for specific offices (SF, NY, LA, San Antonio, SW border, etc). Does anyone know when they will hire for all offices again? Looking to apply to a specific office since my spouse is an 1811 with FBI.

Comment

• Achiever1911
        Achiever1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think now they may be trying to address thier border offices. Alot of Special Agents will be retiring next year since March 2023 will make the agency's 20th year. Also, since they have been sending SAs to the border on TDY, HSI may also be trying to man border offices with more people to slow the flow of TDY Agents.

• Makes sense- thanks for the heads up. Will keep an eye out just in case

Comment

• Wanted to provide an update. Got "the call" on Tuesday 12/13. First location offer was St. Thomas Virgin Islands. I asked for some time to discuss with my family and called back around 2 hours later to decline the location. While USVI would've been cool, there was no way financially we could've done it at the entry level. Currently awaiting the phone call with the second location.

Projected EOD: 03Jan
        FLETC: 14Feb

Comment

• InsideScoop
          InsideScoop commented
          Editing a comment
          Goodluck! That location sounds awesome but definitely makes it a hard decision for many reasons. What 3 locations did you request originally?

• JakeA6134
          JakeA6134 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got the call! Going to Miami woohoo!

• InsideScoop
          InsideScoop commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds awesome! Was that a preference pick at all? Congrats!

• yankeeman319
          yankeeman319 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just sent you a PM.

• My preferences were Tampa, Miami, and I think I put Hawaii or St. Croix. I’m stoked I got one of my preferences!

Comment

• I'm sure this has been asked/said before, but I can't find the thread:

For those who had medical follow-ups, and already completed them, how long from submission to recontact/medical clearance for proceeding through the process (PT Test, etc.)...????

Comment

• RetiredVet19
            RetiredVet19 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got my acknowledgement the next day....... but I had also been sending almost regular messages with questions that they weren't answering...... so......

• JakeA6134
            JakeA6134 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok this is kind of lengthy but here is my process timeline post initial medical appointment.

I sent my follow-up documents on the 13th of Oct, got confirmation they were received on the 15th. I was notified that I had the choice to request a waiver or be removed from the application process on Nov. 3rd. Compiled paperwork, reference statements, and drafted a waiver request and submitted that Nov. 8th. On Nov 16th I was notified via email that my waiver was approved and on the 22nd I got an email stating I had cleared both medical and security and that I needed to schedule my PFT-P which was completed on the 28th of Nov. Fast forward to Dec. 13th I got the call for my final offer, declined location 1 and on Dec. 16th received a call back offering the Miami SAC which I accepted.

• RetiredVet19
            RetiredVet19 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you JakeA6134, that helps.... 10/15 - 11/3 is about 3 wks...seems the pattern for everything is about 3 weeks...... will probably be longer due to the holiday season...... what kind of deadline did that give for submitting the waiver request?

• JakeA6134
            JakeA6134 commented
            Editing a comment
            They gave me 30days to submit the waiver request

• Really no GS9 option on the new upcoming announcement? GS7 is a huge pay cut for existing fed SAs. Thanks

Comment

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t think it’s meant to be a jab at current SA’s, but more so an announcement directed towards hiring more entry level folks this go around.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2985 users online. 171 members and 2814 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X