Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hear anything in regards to poly scheduling or background interviews?

Comment

• Justaguy95
      Justaguy95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Datemike are you a current fed or vet?

• Datemike
      Datemike commented
      Editing a comment
      Justaguy95 not a current fed and not a vet

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn. That’s crappy. Are you currents DHS? @staysaltyvb

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      @enforcethelawbro nah I’m a local and never done a fed poly before, it would have been a miracle if I’d slid past it here tbh. I just wish they’d spaced out all the hoops I gotta jump through a little bit better

• Poly scheduled in 3 weeks. Good luck to all!

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Just sent my date in, waiting on response. Good luck my friend!

• Does it seem like all local cops are getting sent to poly?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably. I’ve never done a fed poly for any agency so stands to reason I’d get selected for one here.

• Datemike
      Datemike commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay Salty VB have they started your background?

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Datemike yes I assume so since I’ve been notified to take a poly. I’m not certain what order things are happening

• Kdrgn7
      Kdrgn7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im local leo as well. I still haven’t received poly scheduling so idk

• Has anyone had any luck in negotiating offices after being called to EOD? The only five offerings were border towns and they didn’t seem flexible at all

USSS U/D
    Applied: September 2010

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Kdrgn7 no the interviewing office was random and had nothing to do with preferences, the interviews were dispersed throughout the country

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      What locations on the border were offered just curious

• InsideScoop
      InsideScoop commented
      Editing a comment
      What locations did they offer

• Tydaddy
      Tydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      5?!?! Haha. I got 2. They wouldn't tell me my second one until I declined my first.

• How long after medical till you received something? Been 3 weeks since medical, not sure if I need any follow ups

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      It was about a month before I got my follow up email. I think if you don’t require follow ups you go straight to either poly or PFT scheduling depending on if you get flagged for the poly

• InsideScoop
      InsideScoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks. Maybe I will need followups, I didnt really get to see the sheet and im not sure how I was scoring on different tests

• RetiredVet19
      RetiredVet19 commented
      Editing a comment
      it was about two weeks before I got the email/phone call for a follow up..... with it being holiday season, I would expect it to start taking a bit longer now....

• Just curious how many applicants to this posting have families with kids. Anyone care to share their plans during training? Trying to move them down to temporary housing, or fly home as often as possible? Just ignoring them for 6 months? Lol. Would appreciate any ideas anyone has come up with. We’re trying to weigh all our options since I think the hardest part of training for me will be missing family for that long.

And fwiw, I submitted medical follow-up around 2 weeks ago. Like everyone else, it’s been crickets since then.

Comment

• ArchStanton
      ArchStanton commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, father of four here. I went through an eight month academy with BP due to covid, the family visited once prior to quarantine but other than that it was treated essentially as a deployment in respect to being gone. A necessary sacrifice in order to be where we wanted to be. I definitely didn't consider it ignoring, with technology it's still possible to be present to a degree.

My two cents, it's six-months; I would absolutely not consider any form of temporary move or even an extended visit. I'm also not planning on flying home at anytime pending an emergency as finances simply do not allow it. Nights and weekends spent focused on the whole reason I'm there, to graduate and gtfo and onward with no issues.

Good luck!

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m only a few hour drive down the coast, and the wife and I really love the Savannah area, so the potentials of a weekend meet up either back at home or in Savannah for a couple days has already been worked out. I’m not going overseas so I intend on seeing my wife and kid when I can, while all of us also being on the same page that there will be some extended absences while we get through it. It’s only six months like someone else said. We’ll work through it best we can.

• RetiredVet19
      RetiredVet19 commented
      Editing a comment
      With the technological options available today, the separation shouldn't be overwhelmingly difficult and no need to ignore them, it isn't military initial entry training. If you have the means and desire to move them with you, more power to you, but that seems to me an unnecessary expense that would likely be better spent moving them to your final duty area (assume you aren't already there) and letting them get settled while you're away. I haven't seen anything that would forbid the occasional visit or travel during the course. Remember an unspoken benefit of the 'isolated' training is the relationships formed in the process. CITP is cross agencies, and those relations can pay dividend later and HSISAT will result in relationships across the various FOs and divisions. It's as much about building networks as it is about the training and certifications. With any luck, you'll be busy enough it won't catch up to you too often....

as you weigh factors, don't forget aspects such as kid's school schedules (if they're school age), etc......

• Tydaddy
      Tydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Last time I was at FLETC for 6 months, I flew home for a couple of weekends, one of which was a holiday. It's really not a big deal - video calls nightly help a lot.

• I know Miami was not an incentive location, but it’s a major port and large area…anyone know how desirable/hard to staff that office is overall?

Comment

• So, I just got my Medical Waiver approval email this morning!! I never got an email with e-QIP or fingerprinting instructions so hopefully HSI is just accepting reciprocity from my military TS clearance. Just waiting on the next phone call/email to hopefully confirm my current location and schedule this PT test.

Comment

• JakeA6134
        JakeA6134 commented
        Editing a comment
        InsideScoop I mean no news is good news, right?

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, that’s good news! I sent all my stuff in with the first go around just to be safe so I may end up sending everything back in for the waiver request lol but I’m glad to hear you were able to get it done.

• JakeA6134
        JakeA6134 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just got the email asking me to confirm my PFT preference location. Now currently awaiting the local PFT administrators email/phone call to schedule the test.
        Last edited by JakeA6134; 11-16-2022, 07:39 PM.

• InsideScoop
        InsideScoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats awesome!!!

• Originally posted by JakeA6134 View Post
      So, I just got my Medical Waiver approval email this morning!! I never got an email with e-QIP or fingerprinting instructions so hopefully HSI is just accepting reciprocity from my military TS clearance. Just waiting on the next phone call/email to hopefully confirm my current location and schedule this PT test.
      Was this for the requested follow up medical information or application for a waiver? Or is it one of the same? I submitted my medical follow up information on November 8th as well.

Comment

• JakeA6134
        JakeA6134 commented
        Editing a comment
        Application for waiver. I had to submit follow-up paperwork and I guess that wasn't enough, so I then had to go request a waiver. It was about 2 weeks after I submitted my follow-up paperwork that I was notified I had the option to request a waiver. Turned in my waiver request and 8 days later got my approval.

• RetiredVet19
        RetiredVet19 commented
        Editing a comment
        that's reassuring JakeA6134, they do seem to be accommodating, as long as you jump through the hoop, and clear the hoop......

• JakeA6134
        JakeA6134 commented
        Editing a comment
        RetiredVet19 As long as you’re willing to jump through the hoops they are incredibly accommodating!

• Received a request for additional medical information this evening. (11/16/22)

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn, hope they don’t put you through the ringer too much with the follow ups. Just one more hoop to jump through

• RetiredVet19
        RetiredVet19 commented
        Editing a comment
        geo-bachelor right now, doc is in another state...... and it's pretty extensive.... my main concern is the 30 day time frame to get it done..... in the middle of the holidays...... from a different state......

• Any info on the next HSI announcement?

Comment

• BulkheadBobby
        BulkheadBobby commented
        Editing a comment
        They said November, but that no longer seems likely.

• Anyone who had medical around october 20th or later receive any communication in the process?

Comment

• RetiredVet19
        RetiredVet19 commented
        Editing a comment
        My screening was on the 19th, had a follow up near the beginning of Nov, and just yesterday received my packet requesting additional information.

• InsideScoop
        InsideScoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the response, hope that goes smooth for you

• I complete my medical and submitted my E-quip packet in mid September and haven’t heard anything since.

Comment

• InsideScoop
        InsideScoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Let us know when you get a pft email

• alphawhiskey06
        alphawhiskey06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very Stupid question, but does anyone know if they are starting people without calling all references / work / education verification? Because I am in the same boat as well.

• InsideScoop
        InsideScoop commented
        Editing a comment
        I think so. I think its case by case, but depending on your current job and if you have had a recent fed background investigation it seems this is happening for some

• Anyone have any insight on when the next FLETC class is?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Check your DMs

• JakeA6134
        JakeA6134 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve been wondering the same thing!

• Any pft or poly emails today?

Comment

• Achiever1911
        Achiever1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        JakeA6134 Next step is the academy or at least being hired on.

• JakeA6134
        JakeA6134 commented
        Editing a comment
        Achiever1911 I'm hoping with my test being this upcoming Monday that I pass and get a call before the 9th of December and manage to sneak into the January academy! Curious to hear if anyone has recently passed, got the final offer and what location(s) they were offered.

• JakeA6134
        JakeA6134 commented
        Editing a comment
        Passed the PFT today. Was informed I will more thank likely get the final call this week or next.

• InsideScoop
        InsideScoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats thats huge!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4541 users online. 236 members and 4305 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X