Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, it’s 10am EST coming off a holiday weekend. Give it a few for them to post it, and set your alerts on USAjobs. If not today by 1700 hours, tomorrow by 1700 hours is a good bet. The time line hasn’t been firm since the delay initially regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay Salty VB View Post
      Guys, it’s 10am EST coming off a holiday weekend. Give it a few for them to post it, and set your alerts on USAjobs. If not today by 1700 hours, tomorrow by 1700 hours is a good bet. The time line hasn’t been firm since the delay initially regardless.
      that is a good point

Comment

• kvasir
        kvasir commented
        Editing a comment
        USAJobs announcements are usually scheduled in advance once they receive approval from OPM, so 12:00 am EST is when 99.9% of all announcements are listed on USAJobs.

5pm and Nada

Comment

It will be 5pm tomorrow 2/23/22. Idk if that is 5 est or 5 cst. SAC confirmed so breath and go PT.

Comment

It's apparently going to be the 28th now

Comment

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            I heard feb 29th

Originally posted by Combymcbeardz View Post
          It's apparently going to be the 28th now
          This is changing every 2 days lol

Comment

• smokeybear83
            smokeybear83 commented
            Editing a comment
            The new date is the 33rd. Mark your calendar!

I wouldn't put it past the G to schedule this announcement for a date that doesn't exist.

Comment

Just got an email from my local HSI office about the upcoming announcement. Here are the highlights:
            • Announcement expected to go live 5pm ET February 23
            • Expected to close February 25, but could close sooner based on number of applicants (number was not specified)
            • Will be two announcements--nationwide and Puerto Rico specific. PR announcement seeking fluent Spanish speakers.
            • Qualified veterans and qualified applicants for certain hard to fill locations will be given priority for testing

Comment

Originally posted by cpa223 View Post
              Anyone know when next lateral job announcement will be announced? I'm currently a 12 and unfortunately can't afford to back to a 9
              I don't know how deep you are in the 12, but if you're a step 1-3 the 9/10 really isn't a huge bust down. A 12/1 to a 9/10 is like 5,000 for one year, and then you're made whole with your 11/6 or whatever it works out to be. You'll get an extra step usually with a 12/2, and then your 13. Having a G ride the second half of your 9 year post-academy probably makes up that first year $5-6000 loss.
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by Stay Salty VB View Post
                Unless things very recently changed, this would not be advisable. USAJOBs postings do not generate until midnight at the end of the day the triggering job is posted.

Example: job posts at 2PM, the emails for saved searches that match the job don't go out until midnight or late/after midnight.

So if it is a vacancy where the announcement closes with x,xxx applicants, and they hit that the first day, it'll be closed by the time your saved search email goes out.
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
                  Stay Salty VB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m confused as to what you’re saying isn’t advisable. All I told people was to not sit by their computer constantly refreshing and posting on the forum how the announcement hasn’t gone live yet. Are you saying we should sit by our computer all day and constantly refresh and post about it instead?

• Fraud Investigator
                  Fraud Investigator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stay salty- No, he's saying don't solely count on the USA Job alerts to timely tell you when a job posting opens up. If you want a job bad enough that will close after a few hundred people apply, then yes, I recommend refreshing your computer every hour on the day you expect the job posting to open. My current job closed after about 3 or 4 hours on the same day it opened.

• Stay Salty VB
                  Stay Salty VB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Understandable I was being a bit facetious, simply because we didn’t actually know when the announcement was being posted and people were starting to freak out. Was just trying to calm the waters some with my above post.

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah what above said. There had been some speculation that this would be a 'closes after X application are received' like some HSI had been in the past. Would defint have filled up day one and closed before alerts went out. Moot since it's a 48 hours post. Good luck all.

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

I don't know how deep you are in the 12, but if you're a step 1-3 the 9/10 really isn't a huge bust down. A 12/1 to a 9/10 is like 5,000 for one year, and then you're made whole with your 11/6 or whatever it works out to be. You'll get an extra step usually with a 12/2, and then your 13. Having a G ride the second half of your 9 year post-academy probably makes up that first year $5-6000 loss.
                Do most 1811 spots not include a gov? I guess that's one benefit of my current agency.

Comment

• dark321
                  dark321 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I read a comment before that anyone getting LEAP has one.

What's the quick rundown on the use policy for Feds? My state agency is only for work or going to office. It's a lot of hassle recording mileage, gas receipts and all that just for the perk of having a free car to take to office.

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a pretty good summary dark321. Nearly all 1811s have them, and those that don't are usually the ones not getting LEAP and not subject to call out, which is few and far in-between. Smithsonian Institute 1811s for example are bankers hours, non-LEAP, no g-ride 1811s.

Federal policy is pretty much it is a commuting car and call out car and nothing else. Feds have 0 tolerated use outside of work. Far cry from my amigos who are troopers in states and they take their marked units across the state for family vacations with the wife and kids in it. You will get jammed up bad for using it for personal use. 30 days unpaid suspension is the minimum first time offense, and can also be termination for a first time offense.

So appreciate it for the free gas and wear and tear to work and that's about it.
                  Last edited by battlewagon; 02-23-2022, 10:36 PM.

I get LEAP and also have a gov. I do a monthly gas log which I don't feel is a big deal.

Comment

Is HSI hiring process as fast as the Secret Service?

Comment

• Sheridan1
                    Sheridan1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No. Secret Service only has a fast process sometimes because they do their own b/g investigations and they always have a big need to hire.

I wouldn't consider having a GOV as a big hassle. Personally, well worth the little bit of "hassle" it takes me. No non-government employed passengers (very few exceptions such as placing bracelets on a dirtbag), no alcohol transport, and only for business. Misuse of a government vehicle is the quickest way to get yourself in trouble. There are only two options - 30 days on the beach unpaid or termination of employment.

Comment

Edit deleted
                    Last edited by Gonz23; 04-22-2022, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
                      battlewagon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hard yes. Everyone goes through HSI add on, even current 1811s. Only exception is someone with CITP or their historical equivalents can skip CITP. Still have add-on though.
                      Last edited by battlewagon; 02-23-2022, 10:31 PM.

• Calitown
                      Calitown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gonz23 yes, of course they do.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2313 users online. 180 members and 2133 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X