• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received the PFT email today.

Comment

• ChavCheerios
      ChavCheerios commented
      Editing a comment
      Tydaddy not my business and all, everyones got their reasons for declining an offer. But every coworker I know that declined an 1811 offer, every single one of them regrets it. I dont mean it in any bad way , everyones got their personal things going on but its just something to think about.

• EnforceTheLawBro
      EnforceTheLawBro commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta make the switch to 1811 while you can brother. Being a CBPO is not where it’s at. Sure it’s good money and very easy, but it’s not an 1811 gig. Take SL if you need to, that’s what your own leave is for.

• Achiever1911
      Achiever1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      1811 is a huge commitment. You will have to be committed from the beginning starting with a six month academy. I'm sure you are ready for it! However, you do have to consider the timing in your life. It has to be right. 1811 is all well and good but it has to line up with your life or you will be miserable. Also, you might want to consider other 1811 agencies with shorter academies.

• Tydaddy
      Tydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm way too old for any other 1811 gig...still waiting for the AIC to get back to me.

• Just passed the PFT, according to the PFT Special Agent administrator you leave to the academy within 90 days of passing the PFT.

Comment

• nfm94
      nfm94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wouldn’t be surprised if your in the 11/14 academy class. That’s what they’re filling up right now

• Tydaddy
      Tydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      How was the PFT? I've taken a ton, and each agency does them differently. Were you solo? Did they literally time between events? Did you stop each event after hitting the mins, or did they "suggest" going for the entire minute?

• ChavCheerios
      ChavCheerios commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure how any other administrators would do it but mine was pretty cool. He let me stop as soon as I completed the minimum. They encourage to keep going since in the academy it will be to keep going until time is done. You get five min in between excercises, you can choose to take it all or skip the rest. All in all the whole PFT took me about 30 min. Again this was with MY PFT, every Agent and Office does it differently.

• Competed medical exam 3 weeks ago. Current fed LE with TS clearance. I’m not with DHS though. Any thoughts if I should expect a polygraph?

Comment

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get to PFT? If yes, you are probably safe.

• GardenStateCO
      GardenStateCO commented
      Editing a comment
      dark321 haven’t gotten PFT yet

• Just received my final offer, EOD Oct 23 and academy date Nov 15. I got my first location preference. (FYI it was an incentive location)

Comment

• EnforceTheLawBro
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! How long was your wait between your medical and first contact for PFT? I’m so anxious just checking emails all day lol.

• ChavCheerios
      ChavCheerios commented
      Editing a comment
      @EnforceTheLawBro, hmmmm I want to say it was about 2.5 Weeks. The Agents there said they were really understaffed though so that might play a role on why it may take longer for other applicants. They are pushing to make McAllen a 100 agent office. I think I remember you saying you chose McAllen. If you did, you are going to get McAllen.Good Luck! I hope to see you in the office soon! I start this Monday.

• EnforceTheLawBro
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate the information brother. Yes, I’ll be in McAllen. I already received the tentative offer for that location, just waiting on PFT. Did medical a week ago. Good luck to you brother! See you soon!

• Jc0501
      Jc0501 commented
      Editing a comment
      How long did you have to wait after PT for the call?

• Originally posted by ChavCheerios View Post
    Just received my final offer, EOD Oct 23 and academy date Nov 15. I got my first location preference. (FYI it was an incentive location)
    congrats! You’re current/prior DHS?

Comment

• Only forum I can find that has recent info on HSI. I am current LE and am looking to go fed. I have worked in a task force in the past with some HSI agents and now recently felt like I want to make the switch. HSI seems like one of the more competitive SA jobs to get. From my research there is not a lot of info on Job Announcements like DEA/FBI and I was wondering if anyone has any info on when the next announcement for openings could be, or if there has been one recently via email etc. Thanks!

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Check Delphi HSI forums and the 1811 subreddit as well for up to date announcements that may not be on USAjobs.

HSI is definitely competitive but are in the middle of a massive hiring drive. There are rumors another public announcement is coming either end of this year or early next. Currently, there’s still a lot of people in the hiring pipeline, so early next year seems like a safe bet. Set your USAjobs profile up for alerts and keep an eye on the forums for a while. Best of luck!

• overworked
      overworked commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

• Wildlife Trafficking: Why battling this illicit trade is crucial | ICE

^this is new. Who's tackling the global illicit wildlife trade now?? Not the buffoons at FWS-OLE......
    Last edited by Ratatatat; 10-15-2022, 09:38 AM.
    A leader without followers is just a man taking a walk.

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Great article but also hilarious logging on to catch more instances of you hating on OLE lol.

• Kennywc
      Kennywc commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s why we all love Ratatatat

• Ratatatat
      Ratatatat commented
      Editing a comment
      Not everybody shares your sentiment. I'm cool with that.

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      My two only ever subscriptions on this forum:

HSI 1811 direct hire opening in March ‘19 (Topic in the Law Enforcement Job Center forum)1 Subscribed
      Ratatatat (member) Subscribed

• Passed PFT today.

Comment

• EnforceTheLawBro
      Editing a comment
      Don’t take the offer then, man. You’ve been complaining about the process for quite some time now. First the polygraph, now the offers. It’s a government job, everyone applying knows your final offer will not necessarily be what you want, it’s just expected. This has honestly been one of the smoothest and easiest hiring process I’ve been through. You keep trying to put people down about “living in their parents basement” and before you mentioned “desperate applicants”. Worry about what’s best for your family. I have my family too, and prior to me applying, we discussed about moving or not, and that’s why I happily applied. Good luck.
      Last edited by EnforceTheLawBro; 10-22-2022, 01:50 PM.

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      If you can’t make it work it is what it is. I would put the disclaimer out there that you would happily fill a spot in Massena if they so choose to make that offer and respectfully bow out otherwise. There will be other opportunities. I have to respectfully disagree about the hiring process though I’ve either been in or currently am in several processes with DOJ agencies and far and away ICE’s has impressed me to no end Over the others

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also not really sure how the original locations that were picked like Tampa or Denver would work if they did offer them, but a different location that's slightly further and lower cost of living with the one of the highest locality pay wouldn't work. Sounds like you didn't want to move at all, which is fine, but not very likely given that you're not already in one of the harder to fill cities.

• RagingRino
      RagingRino commented
      Editing a comment
      They may allow you to work out of your closest office or remote before you report to FLETC FYI.

• Stay Salty VB Honolulu.
    Last edited by Tydaddy; 10-21-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Tydaddy
      Tydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm seriously considering declining...

Ugh.

• vicdx
      vicdx commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you tell the person who offered you Hawaii that you would think about it? And then the SAC from San Ysidro called from a different number? Just trying to weigh my options out because I am close to the end..

• Tydaddy
      Tydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Initially yes. I told her I'd think about it. After doing some brief research, it became apparent that it would be impossible to get my family and 5 dogs there, and find affordable housing. I called back and declined. Within 2 hours, I received a call from the SAC from San Ysidro who asked if I'd consider Calexico, as that was going to be my final offer. I asked if there was anything else available, he said San Ysidro has a spot, but Calexico gets LA pay and cost of living is cheaper, and that I could transfer out after 3 years. I asked if I could have some time to do some research, and he said no, that he was going into a meeting and needed to give my answer. Strange seeing that I still haven't actually received a call from the hiring center.

• InsideScoop
      InsideScoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow bummer. Im sure alot of others will be finding themselves in this position as well. Im still trying to make sure my wife is onboard and she’s definitely hesitant.

• Does anyone have experience declining the first location? I'd imagine the second location would be off the hard to fill list. But. Alternatively I could also imagine they don't want to lose bodies...so would they offer one of the preferences?

Comment

• RetiredVet19
      RetiredVet19 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure, you could try contacting a local recruiter or the main email with the question and ask..... a common story I heard is that many take a hit during their first assignment and then go to where they want to..... while not ideal, it's pretty regular to Geo-bach a location for a while...... have to weigh location preference with how hard it is to get in, in the first place.....

• RagingRino
      RagingRino commented
      Editing a comment
      What locations did you pick during the initial application?

• Tydaddy
      Tydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Baltimore, Tampa, Denver.

• Does HSI still do lateral announcements for current 1811’s? Haven’t heard of one in awhile

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      There is an unconfirmed rumor of one coming sometime next year.

• Finished medical, one and done, no follow ups.... if the pattern holds, I think I should be getting a PT Test contact within the next two weeks for scheduling.... does that sound about right?

Comment

• I haven’t heard anything since my medical over a month ago. Anyone know what email to contact to check my status?

Comment

• I finished medical roughly a month ago as well and no contact yet, hold tight

Comment

• Completed the the medical 2.5 weeks ago, just got notice for two follow-up items. One legit but easy to complete, the other I need to get a letter from a mental heath provider for marriage counseling we had 7 years ago, gonna be rough to execute recovery on that form. Feels a little like being punished for seeking counseling. Oh well, complaining doesn’t change anything, will try to get that letter and either way, my marriage is great, so good decision.

Congrats to the folks getting offers and passing all the steps up to the pft. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1616 users online. 130 members and 1486 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X