Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-Qip going out for us plebes who aren’t current/prior DHS. Keep an eye on inboxes.

Comment

• Anyone know if there’s a discord or hiring chat with people in the process?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s a signal group that originated on Delphi I think. I don’t have the link personally

• RetiredVet19
        RetiredVet19 commented
        Editing a comment
        While I am interested, right now I don't think I can stand another signal group blowing up my phone.....

• Emailed the "dsc-entrylevel" address with a question, got the below back as the auto-reply, thought some others may find this useful......

"Please review the following notes, as they may provide the answers you are seeking. If your inquiry is addressed below, we will not respond further.

For applicants who received a Tentative Selection Letter:
      • There is neither a submit button or a confirmation page once your tasks are completed. The tasks individually complete once the documents are uploaded. Due to the number of applicants, we are unable to provide individual confirmation of your task status.
      • If a task is not applicable to you, you may leave it uncompleted. We understand this will show a lower percentage of completion, but it will not impact you moving forward.
      • We do not place applications on hold for vacation travel. If you are on active military orders, please send a copy of your orders to our team at [email protected].
      • Once your documents are reviewed, our office will initiate your pre-employment process. Due to the number of applicants, we are unable to provide a timeline. Please continue to monitor your emails and phone calls regarding next steps in the process.
      • Current or pending clearances with another agency do not impact our process. Required drug and medical exams will be determined by the Pre-Employment Clearance Unit. Requirements for the background investigation, including polygraph examinations, will be determined by the Personnel Security Division.
      • This position is being filled as entry-level at grades 7 or 9. If you are interested in applying to a higher grade, you will need to apply for those opportunities when they are available.
      • Duty locations will be extended at the final job offer and are based on the needs of the agency and availability of positions and funding. You may be offered a duty location that is not within your geographic preference.
      • There are many variables to consider when determining pay (grade level and step) which require a supervisor’s review and approval, and this will be determined at the time of the final job offer, once you have successfully cleared all pre-employment requirements. Our office does not estimate, project, or provide hypothetical scenarios regarding pay.
      • Once the vacancy announcement closes, applicants cannot change or add information that is in the job application or provide additional supporting documents. That includes, but is not limited to, location preferences, work history, education, and demographic information.
      • If you have emailed to notify us of your vaccination status, this is sufficient to complete the task."

Comment

• RU985
        RU985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Again, Mr. Dark has a hilarious habit of making statements based on sheer guesswork without a shred of factual information. I received notice way back in late August that I would have to poly. I really don’t care if you don’t believe me but I can assure you I have much better things to do than enact some strange plan of lying on an online forum about a hiring process.

• For those of you who have already completed Medical, have any of you personally been selected to Poly? I keep reading "A friend of mine said" or "A buddy I work with was selected" but no firsthand comments.

Comment

• dark321
        dark321 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I'd ignore the poly nonsense. No one from this announcement has gotten to the poly stage. It's the same guy who keeps posting on reddit, delphi, and here who keeps claiming he is under this announcement and got selected. I almost think it's some weird tactic to get people discouraged so they withdraw from the process or something.

Take it on step at a time. If you get selected, you get selected and you deal with it then.

• I’ve knocked out e-qip, scheduled my prints and medical, and haven’t heard yea or nay on a poly so far. Not entirely sure how anyone would have heard about one yet unless they were a major security risk up front or prior Fed trying to lateral and much farther ahead in the process than most of us. If anyone has better info than I feel free to chime in I’m not sure how the rest of the process plays out.

Comment

• RU985
        RU985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Incentive location selected. I hadn’t filled out an eqip for HSI before I got the “You need a poly” email in late august, several weeks ago. Mr Dark seems to think I’m making things up which is nonsense. I can only assume they automatically make anyone poly who checked the box way back in the initial application in February about “Have you taken a federal poly before?”

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        RU985 well i have completed those steps, do not have a fed poly under my belt, and selected a non incentive location and have not received notice yet. It may still yet be coming but I’m not sure how it’s working is what I’ll say for now

• RU985
        RU985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely wish you the best of luck. Part of me feels like if you haven’t been notified yet you may be in the clear; but let’s be real nobody knows and they seem to do whatever they want, not to mention completely contradict themselves. I was selected so long ago/quickly that I’m almost completely positive it was simply because I had “failed” a previous federal poly. Actual background means nothing to them. Gotta love it. Good luck though!

• I got selected for Poly. Current 1811. Was told that all new hires were being given polys. I believe that, since I have no foreign contacts, interests, etc and no risk indicators.

Be prepared to fly out to Texas for the poly.

Comment

• dark321
        dark321 commented
        Editing a comment
        Get a load of this dude. He's calling HSI SA candidates inferior and desperate. .... oh if you only knew some of your competition (hint: some of us are already agents with experience, graduate degrees, advanced certs, etc.)
        Last edited by dark321; 10-05-2022, 03:38 AM.

• Tydaddy
        Tydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I've worked with a lot of "agents" in many different agencies. Impressed with very few. And yes. CBP is akin to TSA with guns. But it's an easy job and GREAT money. Graduate degrees?
        Congratulations. Theyre like high school diplomas now days. Everyone has one. Some of us have multiple degrees, to include doctorates. Not disparaging HSI, but Ive worked within DHS long enough to see the types of folks who get hired. Having been back to the academy recently, I know the candidates who are accepting positions. Many are immature, overzealous, egocentric, and narcissistic. Pretty sure, anecdotally, these are the types of folks DHS is targeting, sadly. If I wasn't so old, this wouldn't even be on my radar. So while "inferior" might have hurt your ego, it wasn't intended to do so. Simple fact. And yes. Facts sometimes aren't convenient.
        Last edited by Tydaddy; 10-03-2022, 08:42 AM.

• dark321
        dark321 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't have any ego. I just think it's hilarious how there's like 3 or 4 of you that constantly whine about polys. To reiterate, you went through the time to monitor the posts, applied, did the assessment, online exam, in person exam, interview, TO paperwork and now you are claiming suddenly Hsi is desperate and inferior.
        Last edited by dark321; 10-04-2022, 03:56 PM.

• Tydaddy
        Tydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        To be perfectly clear - I've never whined about a poly - I said Im not traveling 2000 miles on my own dime to take a poly. It's widely accepted that polys don't show anything anyhow. Essentially pointless. Based on many of the folks I've met in law enforcement, I tend to agree.
        1. I've never monitored any posts, a friend told me about the announcement. I wasn't actively looking.
        2. The application took minutes out of my day.
        3. I enjoy taking tests. The assessment was fun. As were the online test and in person test.
        4. Interview took 30 minutes.
        5. Med paperwork, and appointment took all of 1 hour tops.

So including the PFT, I'm going to have less than 3 hrs of my life invested in this process. So yea, if I get an offer in a good location, I might take it. If not, no biggie. I'll wait for the next ERO announcement.

• I just found this PDF while looking for some timelines for the Hiring Process. It was updated Feb of 2022 and has a lot of answers. Hits on the polygraph, medical stuff, and mentions that it should take 'roughly' 3 months from COE to EOD.

2022 HSI FAQ.pdf (cdn-website.com)

Comment

• Like this comment if you havent heard anything since onboard paperwork (if you dont mind) just gauging it

Comment

• InsideScoop
          InsideScoop commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the advice Salty. I sent an email, they said continue to check emails and phone calls

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Better to verify then be left wondering. Hopefully ya’lls comes soon. I’ve been hearing the incentive choices have been getting pushed to EOD as quick as possible. I still have to pass my med appointment next week so we’ll see if it slows back down from here

• RetiredVet19
          RetiredVet19 commented
          Editing a comment
          UPDATE: received my Med Email today.... awaiting return phone call.....

• InsideScoop
          InsideScoop commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice glad you guys got your calls

• I got my call today

Comment

• Completed medical. Physician doc made me do a single leg deep squat each leg. I’m in my 30’s and athletic so it was easy. It might be harder for older folks with bad knees just a heads up.

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Like a pistol squat? Didn’t know I’d have to CrossFit to get signed off lol

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Like a pistol squat? Didn’t know I’d have to CrossFit to get signed off lol

• Justaguy95
          Justaguy95 commented
          Editing a comment
          salty, I was thinking pistol squat too haha, I hope it isn’t that, I’m 6’3 245, and my large body cannot do that

• Kdrgn7
          Kdrgn7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea bro. I never did it before so i almost fell to the floor the first time i did it. Then she said you don’t have to go that low. Im in Northern Virgina so that’s where I did the medical

• What’s the estimated time between background investigation interview and PFT?

Comment

• RetiredVet19
          RetiredVet19 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that is highly dependent on multiple individual factors. Background is usually farmed out to contractors for the interviews and reports before being sent to the adjudicators for review and determination, for example. It's likely the main reason they give a window of "3-6 months" after the tentative selection, and the qualifier "or longer".

TL;DR - There is no way to answer that.

• From my discussion with some of the new agents from the past few announcements, HSI was sending people to academy after a prelim background check. So there was no background interview and reference checks and all that before FO.

Comment

• Received my Medical questionnaire today........ VERY comprehensive and thorough.... have your documents ready......

Comment

• Med appt got pushed back cause of the damn hurricane, back to hurry up and wait for a bit

Comment

• Just a brief reminder for prospective employees, current agents/supervisors of all agencies lurk all of these forums….don’t let a flippant comment come back to bite you…..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3774 users online. 233 members and 3541 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X