Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys please go to this thread to complain about the poly: https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...venting-thread

FBI, DEA, ATF, USSS, numerous state and local agencies utilize the poly exam. Poly is more than just a lie detector test.
    Last edited by dark321; 10-05-2022, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• RU985
      RU985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Reading comprehension is apparently not a strength for you. I never once put anyone down for continuing the process. Quite the contrary in fact, I wish nothing but success for everyone in the process. The number of conclusions you’ve jumped to based on zero evidence is rather alarming. If you’re in LE currently I recommend you stop doing that. Cheers!

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as reading comprehension goes: "Those of us with an IQ above 80 recognize the poly is nothing more than witchcraft and want nothing more to do with it. "

So basically all the agencies and the people that work for them and the people in the process are low IQ while you have big mighty brains. gotcha ok. Yes best of luck to you with your spotless record and 8 failed polys.
      Last edited by dark321; 09-06-2022, 08:38 PM.

• RU985
      RU985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t know why I bother arguing with idiots online. For those of us capable of nuanced thinking, it’s possible for multiple things to be true at the same time. Polys can be completely debunked, and have been, but that doesn’t mean people who work for these agencies are “low IQ.” These are two entirely separate issues.

Good lord. How did you even pass the phase 2 written
      test?

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes buddy, everyone else is an idiot except you lol. As mentioned in the first post on this thread.... ATF, FBI, HSI, etc are all morons for employing a poly and YOU are the exception. It's pretty clear why you keep failing those polys.

• im curious if anyone else has been contacted for one yet for the feb announcement

Originally posted by RU985 View Post
    Honestly, yes. I know that makes me an idiot but I’m completely at peace with it. My background speaks for itself and I don’t want to work for an agency that would look at my file and consider me a “risky” hire. That and the fact that the agency can’t even make up their mind on if the poly is indeed risk-based or if now they give it to everyone. They can enjoy losing candidates and hiring lesser-caliber people.

But yes, polys for me have been an awful experience and the seven I’ve taken is enough. I won’t be taking an 8th. It’s looking very likely that I’ll be getting on with another premiere agency soon enough, so it’s HSI’s loss. Good luck to those still navigating this process.

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      I browse here, Delphi and Reddit subs and I haven’t seen anyone else mention they’ve been selected for a poly as of yet. I don’t mind taking one if need be I’d just prefer to do it in DC not Dallas with him expensive plane travel has gotten

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      No update on my end since I completed the onboarding forms.

• Badger99
      Badger99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay Salty VB - Me too. I'll take the poly in DC if I need to (I live in DC), probably will drop off if I gotta pay for myself to fly to Dallas. I have an offer pending a class date for another agency, so for me HSI is likely a backup plan. I have a wedding to pay for so shelling out another $700-$800 for a flight & hotel to Dallas just isn't worth it at the moment for me. I am willing to use a day of leave if I need to to take the poly locally.

Keep in mind a lot of federal agencies, especially in the Intel Community, will pay to fly you in and poly. My current agency when I started as an intern paid for my flight & hotel and flew me in for the poly and other screenings.

• Originally posted by dark321 View Post
    Okay pal so stop being so salty. The fact you justify you have a perfect record indicates you obviously have issues with your background lol. That's interview & interrogation 101.
    Who needs to do interviewing, interrogation, or investigation when you have the polygraph to discern if an individual"s background is perfect as they claim, or if they are in fact a liar and a bad person.
    ((≡≡))

Comment

• I personally know and work with an ICE ERO guy who is in the process. He has to take the poly. I think it might be something that is mandatory. Dallas seems to be the primary hub, but I think he was trying to negotiate with a resident office that's closer who's willing to accommodate.
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• Just scheduled medical. However, I will agree that jumping through all of these hoops, after having just been at FLETC for 6 months is a complete waste of time, money, and resources for those of us who are currently employed by DHS.

Comment

• ChavCheerios
          ChavCheerios commented
          Editing a comment
          I got McAllen, TX it was my first choice.

• EnforceTheLawBro
          EnforceTheLawBro commented
          Editing a comment
          I got McAllen too, but haven’t heard a damn thing since submitting onboarding. Smh.

• Tydaddy
          Tydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          How have you guys gotten locations already?

• EnforceTheLawBro
          EnforceTheLawBro commented
          Editing a comment
          They came with the tentative officer

• Some people that chose incentives for their location already. A lot of us didn’t.

Comment

• I imagine the incentive locations will get scheduled for medical first.

Comment

• RetiredVet19
            RetiredVet19 commented
            Editing a comment
            selected an incentive location, even did the Phase 3 interview with them...... wasn't listing in the TSL, nor have I received the medical email...

• Just got my medical notice via email.

Comment

• Just scheduled my medical.

Comment

• Guys, I got the drug test tomorrow and medical scheduled for later this month.

Comment

• Those of you scheduling medical/drug tests, are you guys getting phone calls or emails?

Comment

• Kdrgn7
                  Kdrgn7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got both. I got a phone call from a weird PA area code so i didn’t answer but they left a voicemail and an email. I gave them a call back and they scheduled me for the drug test and medical.

• Stay Salty VB
                  Stay Salty VB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got an email with a phone number to call for a direct line. Called, left a voicemail, waited over the weekend, profit.

• Received correspondence confirming my PFT location pending scheduling.

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
                  Stay Salty VB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jman917 ah ok that makes sense

• wrx116
                  wrx116 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @staysaltyvb

I haven't but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Persec pulled my results from my application with ERO this last spring. Also current DHS.

• Tydaddy
                  Tydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pft scheduled already?! ****. I need a few months to get my 42 yr old butt back in shape. I assumed it'd be after a poly at least - assuming I'll need one.

• RagingRino
                  RagingRino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I sent you a pm wrx

• Anyone been contacted to poly?

Comment

• Anyone been contacted since the on-boarding?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
                    Stay Salty VB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Completed drug test and scheduled medical. Your notice should be coming they communicated to me they have been having system wide issues for a little bit

• Originally posted by RetiredVet19 View Post
                  Anyone been contacted since the on-boarding?
                  I was contacted for equip and fingerprints. Drug test and medical was this week as well.

Comment

• JakeA6134
                    JakeA6134 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Were you contacted for e-QIP and fingerprints before, same time, or after being contacted for drug test and medical? I already did my drug testing and medical is on the 20th. I however did not receive any notification for e-QIP or fingerprints and I wonder if that is due to the fact I just updated my e-QIP with my current job on the 30th of August.
                    Last edited by JakeA6134; 09-15-2022, 10:34 AM.

• nfm94
                    nfm94 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got contacted for equip the same week I was notified about drug/medical.

• JakeA6134
                    JakeA6134 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the quick response. Guess I'll just wait and see if they need me to redo my e-QIP or if I am good to go.

• nfm94
                    nfm94 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For reference, I’m not a federal employee so I had to do the equip from scratch.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1771 users online. 147 members and 1624 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X