Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any intel to what non-incentive locations need the most bodies? I know a lot of west coast offices need people but anyone have info about anywhere else?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      2B18-11 USMS is a great gig though and that 1811 title
      Comes eventually if you want it.

• Jman917
      Jman917 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exact numbers would be nice but not happening. Hopefully we all get somewhere that works for us.

• Jrc1896
      Jrc1896 commented
      Editing a comment
      2B18-11 DC is not at all a hard to fill location with HSI. Hard to fill non border locations are places like NYC and San Francisco and Los Angeles. Or some really out in the middle of nowhere places like North Platte Nebraska.

• 2B18-11
      2B18-11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jrc1896 thanks for the insight.

• This seems like sort of a naive question but genuinely curious, does qualifying as a 9 opposed to a 7 make you any more attractive to field offices taking new hires or give you any bargaining worth in picking the “better” of the hardship offices? Especially if I qualified on experience, not education?

Comment

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      No. It means nothing to a hiring office. A 7 or 9 is all the same.

• RetiredVet19
      RetiredVet19 commented
      Editing a comment
      Both are entry level and on probation for the first year.

• Received my TOL on Saturday (Aug 13th), and just completed the forms today, no location provided. I interviewed on June 1st, 2022 and received the email I passed the interview on July 1st. I was offered a GS-9 based off of education. I'm currently a GS-12 Step 1 as a non-Fed LEO DoD employee.

Note: I had the DC area as my preference (due to family, spouse who is also a fed employee).

Does anyone know if it's possible at the end of the process whether we can request a spousal accommodation and receive it from HSI for the DC area? My spouse is a federal employee working in national security in the DC area. Career wise for her she will either be in the DC area or overseas, I'm trying to align it all up.

Comment

• Achiever1911
      Achiever1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      HSI has the ability to accommodate. Whether they use it is a different story.

• Originally posted by Badger99 View Post
    Received my TOL on Saturday (Aug 13th), and just completed the forms today, no location provided. I interviewed on June 1st, 2022 and received the email I passed the interview on July 1st. I was offered a GS-9 based off of education. I'm currently a GS-12 Step 1 as a non-Fed LEO DoD employee.

Note: I had the DC area as my preference (due to family, spouse who is also a fed employee).

Does anyone know if it's possible at the end of the process whether we can request a spousal accommodation and receive it from HSI for the DC area? My spouse is a federal employee working in national security in the DC area. Career wise for her she will either be in the DC area or overseas, I'm trying to align it all up.
    They're not going to accommodate based on those factors. Whether they give you DC or not, it was going to be the outcome anyway, not because of trying to help you out with your spouse's current location.

HSI doesn't even have a spousal policy for current employees whose spouses are also DHS 1811s. I've seen HSI and USSS or CBP couples get separated by thousands of miles due to the DHS spouse being forced moved across the country or taking a promotion, and HSI could not possibly care less in trying to assist the HSI employee with a transfer. Even when the requested spot is a hard to fill/retain location for HSI.

I'm pretty certain HSI doesn't even have a spousal program when both people are HSI SAs, but I may be incorrect on that one.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Achiever1911
      Achiever1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      No. HSI doesn't accommodate based on spouse location or position. I've seen two SA spouse separated by hundreds of miles. If you wanted DC, your best bet would have been USSS. They may still be hiring. The second part of their academy is in MD.

• I received an NOR for exceeding max age last Wednesday 17Aug. I am a preference veteran so this is not supposed to apply to me. I have double checked all required paperwork and questionsrelating to vet pref. It is all there and correct. I have emailed HR several times to correct this error but still have not received any response. Any clues on what I should do next? Should I wait longer, escalate to DoL complaint?

Thanks

Comment

• RetiredVet19
      RetiredVet19 commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep reaching out to the entry level unit email ([email protected]) and also see if you can locate a recruiter in an office in your area..... I've heard that there were several events like this both for vet preference and others who had 'covered service time'

• Excellent way to get your foot in the door with HSI by starting a formal complaint with DOL because you emailed < 7 days ago and have not gotten a response.

/sarcasm

I hope this isn't the future of LE.

Comment

• Jrc1896
      Jrc1896 commented
      Editing a comment
      Patience clearly isn’t everyone’s virtue.

• A little late on this, but I’d like to be in that group chat mentioned earlier.

Comment

• Hello, I would also like an invite to the signal group if someone could pm me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Presoc View Post
        Hello, I would also like an invite to the signal group if someone could pm me.
        Same here. May I get an invite via PM?

Comment

• dark321
          dark321 commented
          Editing a comment
          its on hsi forum

• Anyone in this forum get any calls/emails for medical, poly, or pft?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Radio silence here

• JakeA6134
          JakeA6134 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got a phone call yesterday (AT&T registered it as a spam risk, I happened to know the area code was northern VA so on a whim I answered) the phone call was followed by a drug test today and 5 separate emails that contained my medical paperwork, appointment notification for medical, appointment notification for drug test, link to upload medical docs to HSI HR, and an email with instructions on how to fill out forms. Medical is scheduled for Sept 20th.
          Last edited by JakeA6134; 08-31-2022, 09:57 PM. Reason: Updated information

• Lot of people are saying all new hires are to be poly’ed. I don’t mind that in and of itself but anyone know if it all HAS to be done in Dallas? I might have to start a fundraiser just to afford to fly and take the damn thing….

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          RetiredVet19 I’m hoping that’s still the case but some scuttlebutt on other forums are claiming people are being told directly all hires including current ICE employees are to be Poly’ed. just curious what the actual situation is gonna be. Need to know if I have to work some more OT for a plane ticket lol.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          @retiredvet19

That's another way saying everyone will have to get a polygraph, or someone they want bad enough won't get one. Anyone who is not working at their office, cleared to work at an office will inevitably get one. Then there are other agencies who polygraph people who are contracted by them, and physically working at the office (cleared too) who take one and fail it. Point is dont trust what you're being told.

• RetiredVet19
          RetiredVet19 commented
          Editing a comment
          FOLLOW UP: from the recruiter - there was a policy change regarding current ICE employees applying for LE positions, previously considered exempt from the polygrapher requirement, it now applies to them as well, to the best of the recruiter's understanding, the change did NOT affect the 'risk' based selection criteria, nor are all applicants required to complete a poly at this time.

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          RetiredVet19 that makes a lot more sense and tracks with what someone else put out on Delphi, thanks for clarifying with that.

• I visit other 1811 forums, and applicants are saying that now everyone is being required to poly. I've seen multiple specific examples of applicants being told, "All applicants must take the polygraph. The announcement information was wrong."

If that's the case, that is so embarrassing. Imagine telling applicants that only 20% of them will be required to spend $1,000 on plane tickets, a hotel, and per diem on a debunked coin flip and then changing it mid-process to require all of them to do it. The federal government's incompetency is so dumbfounding sometimes. I come to expect at least a little, but this is really amazing. And they whine and moan about low staffing. Get over it.

Comment

• I told them I wouldn’t travel to Texas to take the poly. They offered me to take one closer to home. I declined that as well. No longer interested in the agency. They can enjoy being understaffed.

Comment

• IroqouisB
            IroqouisB commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL. Why is this agency taking a step backwards and resorting to an archaic process. Granted it’s taken about a century for the world to realize the gig is up, and a polygraph is nothing more than an expensive coin flip.

I mean, I’m not surprised the federal government continues to bask in the continued branding of fraud, waste, and abuse. But aren’t all these LE agencies in pain as a whole? I’ve heard nothing but crying from SAs at local field offices, and the media highlighted how no one wants to do the job — even our beloved 1811 gigs…

I’ve heard of at least 4 guys, very, very qualified — pulling their name out of the HSI hat because of this. Current EROs, local LE, and even a prior SOF commission officer. Just know, the kid with a degree from UOP with a 2.3 GPA working security at Target will more than likely fog the mirror and make it to the finish line.

I love the current state of affairs.
            Last edited by IroqouisB; 09-05-2022, 04:44 AM.

• jdlmm80
            jdlmm80 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just out of curiosity, are you taking a stand based on principle? Or are polygraphs that awful of an experience that you don't want to go through it?

I'm lining up for a couple in the near future and although I'm dreading it, I figure it's just a 50/50 chance deal and I'll work around the result.

• Anyone else NOT hear anything since completing all the onboarding paperwork?

Comment

• Honestly, yes. I know that makes me an idiot but I’m completely at peace with it. My background speaks for itself and I don’t want to work for an agency that would look at my file and consider me a “risky” hire. That and the fact that the agency can’t even make up their mind on if the poly is indeed risk-based or if now they give it to everyone. They can enjoy losing candidates and hiring lesser-caliber people.

But yes, polys for me have been an awful experience and the seven I’ve taken is enough. I won’t be taking an 8th. It’s looking very likely that I’ll be getting on with another premiere agency soon enough, so it’s HSI’s loss. Good luck to those still navigating this process.

Comment

• mog23air
            mog23air commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're at peace with it, that's all that matters. Sorry the process been a pain for you. They didn't work with me last minute to change a schedule due to work obligations when they could've but it is what it is. I'll see them later this month in New York lol.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1604 users online. 129 members and 1475 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X