300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dark321 View Post
    Can you switch agencies while at FLETC? i.e. you get a FO and sent to FLETC and then receive a FO from another agency while already at FLETC?
    Yes. Almost guaranteed you will have to bail on your current CITP or whatever training and come back and start over. Ive personally witnessed it where two agencies worked it out on their back end and the person got to stay and finish the training (CITP) but you need to have the expectation that won't happen.

For CITP for example, you could be a pay period away and if you leave for any reason (new job, medical, etc) there is no coming back to that point, it is a new start next time around.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• RE: jumping ship while in a fletc academy and what happens then...

Like almost everything else in the G, it depends. If both agencies are in the same department (DHS, Interior, etc) then the odds are higher that an accomodation can be made, seeing how all parties work for the same mothership.

If both agencies are in different departments, then the odds are higher the original agency will yank you from whatever training program and send you back to your home station until you EOD with the new agency. If repeating a class occurs because of it, so be it.

The joy of working for the G is there's no union... no omsbudman... HR is a joke... and definitely no one who cares about efficiency, like the cost to taxpayers for training the same person twice because they switched jobs.

Essentially the powers in charge do whatev they want, and if you don't like it, good luck finding another job with a pension at age 50, healthcare for life, and a six figure salary for most of your career...

PS- Twice I saw a student notify their class coordinator they accepted a job with a different agency, and both times the student was gone by lunch, driving up I-95 to go wait somewhere until a slot opened in a future program.
      Last edited by Ratatatat; 08-06-2022, 09:07 AM.
      A leader without followers is just a man taking a walk.

Comment

• Keep an eye out on your email inboxes and spam folders this week....... at least, that's the scuttlebutt I'm hearing.........

Comment

• TSL’s coming out over the next few days, be on the lookout.

Comment

• Emails are out this morning! I got my tentative offer along with my location. Good luck!

Comment

• UPCOMINGAGENTJ
              UPCOMINGAGENTJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you mind revealing the location?

• EnforceTheLawBro
              EnforceTheLawBro commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ll be in McAllen, TX. It’s where I’m currently stationed for CBP.

• SCSO3456
              SCSO3456 commented
              Editing a comment
              You must have been one of the very first ones. Congrats bud

• denittis304
              denittis304 commented
              Editing a comment
              ****deleted*
              Last edited by denittis304; 08-12-2022, 03:14 PM. Reason: question answered

• I picked the northern incentive locations. Hoping to hear something today as well.

Comment

• DJGRAMBO
              DJGRAMBO commented
              Editing a comment
              The incentive location didn’t make a lot of sense for me seeing I’m already a federal employee? Do you think only those that picked those locations will get an offer?

• OntheRock91
              OntheRock91 commented
              Editing a comment
              This is from the announcement
              Veterans and applicants choosing one or more of the locations with an incentive will receive priority consideration and will move forward in the testing process. Additional applicants will be referred in the order in which their initial application was received. If additional vacancies become available, we will seek candidates to move forward in the testing process based upon the order in which their initial application was received

• DJGRAMBO
              DJGRAMBO commented
              Editing a comment
              So what is that meaning the testing or you think that has to do with the offers as well? Because people are now getting offers with no location listed!

• OntheRock91
              OntheRock91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not sure. I'm assuming they will offer positions to thr incentive locations first since those are in need. As of yet, I have not received any offer, I picked 3 incentive locations.

• No contact yet here….

Comment

• JakeA6134
              JakeA6134 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m in the same boat, got the email on Jul 1st saying keep an eye out for a conditional offer but nothing yet.

• JakeA6134
              JakeA6134 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just kidding, mine just came through. No location though.

• Got my TOL at around 10 this morning. I picked all incentive locations. Sounds like maybe they’re sending those out first. Don’t panic if you haven’t gotten one yet!

Comment

• 2B18-11
              2B18-11 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did your TOL come with location, if you don’t mind me asking?

• I had SF incentive location as second choice and still have not gotten a TOL.

However, the last few HSI emails were around 5 PM so few more hours to go PST wise.
            Last edited by dark321; 08-12-2022, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• dark321
              dark321 commented
              Editing a comment
              edited main post
              Last edited by dark321; 08-12-2022, 05:41 PM.

• Still waiting on TOL. I put Montana and Wyoming down. Hopefully it comes soon. Congrats to everyone who has already received theirs.

Comment

• Received TOL. Northwest locations

Comment

• Anyone else not have a location on their TOL?

Comment

• JakeA6134
                  JakeA6134 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine did not have a location either!

• Originally posted by soxdude322 View Post
                Anyone else not have a location on their TOL?
                This isn’t uncommon. When I got hired my tentative offer said “location negotiable after selection” or something to that effect.

Comment

• Got mine, too.

Comment

• Gonna go ahead and assume i didn’t make the cut at this point, seems like I’m the only one who didn’t end up getting anything at all.

Comment

• SCSO3456
                      SCSO3456 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I didn’t either. Could just take some time.

• InsideScoop
                      InsideScoop commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I didnt yet either. We will get it

• RetiredVet19
                      RetiredVet19 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      patience..... don't eliminate yourself..... my TOL just came in at 5pm on saturday.....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2155 users online. 143 members and 2012 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X