Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what FLETC vaccine policy is? I am unvaccinated due to religious beliefs and I already had the virus.

Comment

• B0J0B7
      B0J0B7 commented
      Editing a comment
      As of last Thursday, FLETC had non-vaccinated students on site. How things will shake out after this training shutdown ends is anyone’s guess.

• agreen643
      agreen643 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the answers

• LightRoast
      LightRoast commented
      Editing a comment
      FLETC was suspended for the first time this year, this week because of covid. Majority of trainees have been told to go home until they’re approved to come back.

• Tydaddy
      Tydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I finished fletc for cbp in January. Just interviewed for hsi today. My understanding is that vaccination is mandatory. Absolutely no exemptions.

• Anyone follow past processes. Are offers usually given in one of the 3 location choices picked?

Comment

• jazz77
      jazz77 commented
      Editing a comment
      was told by several people that if I make it to the final offer stage it is almost guaranteed that it'll be at one of my 3 selections due to how hard it is to fill them. It's why I only selected certain locations that we're actually willing to go to. If I don't like them then once I do my time there, I'll jump in the SFLR pool. I'm looking at being the FNG, I expect to do my time at a hardship location and not get some prime station ppl have been working towards.

• 2B18-11
      2B18-11 commented
      Editing a comment
      jazz77 were all of your choices hard-to-fill locations?

• jazz77
      jazz77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. I only selected hard to fill locations

• LightRoast
      LightRoast commented
      Editing a comment
      I chose the same location three times.

• Two things while we wait. What's everyone's best guess as to when TO go out? Are there any other HSI related forums besides this one and Delphi?

Comment

• jazz77
      jazz77 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's potentially interviews until the 10th i believe so I'm guessing a month or so still from any updates. Here and Delphi are the only 2 forums I've personally used

• RetiredVet19
      RetiredVet19 commented
      Editing a comment
      they have been closing following the timeline from the announcement, no reason to think that is going to change.....

• Delete.....
    Last edited by Secretagentman; 05-23-2022, 11:06 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

• Well I’m not trying to come off rude, simply sharing that I haven’t had a good experience despite doing things the right way. Any idea how the referral decision is made or if it just totally depends on how the background investigator is feeling when he/she wakes up that morning? Personally my record is very clean and boring and I’m a current LEO in perfectly good standing/no black marks in my file.

Only thing I can see as being a problem is having failed a federal poly before. Do you think that would automatically put me in the “risk” category to be sent for another? Even if nothing on the clearance forms looks problematic? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        I think anyone here is just speculating, but I can't imagine a more likely scenario to prompt a federal polygraph requirement on an application other than having a previous failed federal poly.

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I gotta think BW is right on this. I expect to take a poly bc I never have. My agency waived them for applicants with LEO or military experience when i came in due to a high failure rate from those groups. They ultimately got rid of them completely

• Deleted double message
      Last edited by RU985; 05-25-2022, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• One would hope that an applicant applying as a sworn LEO with numerous valor/merit awards, prior military experience, graduate education, 800 credit score, perfect driving record, nothing even resembling a criminal history, wouldn’t fall into the “at risk” category. If I’m referred for a poly based solely on the fact I’ve “failed” a previous poly (despite of course being truthful with no admissions because there was nothing to admit to) then I’m not sure I even want to work for that agency. At the end of the day one has to know their own value. Hopefully things work out and I’m going to stay positive.

Comment

• wrx116
          wrx116 commented
          Editing a comment
          If it gives you clarity, I "failed" (I wasn't told I failed officially) a previous federal DHS poly with CBP that took 6 hours. I was selected to take it for ICE and then needed to write an explanation as to why I "failed" though I ultimately passed for ICE.

• DSApplicant
          DSApplicant commented
          Editing a comment
          wrx116 How long was it between CBP poly and ICE poly?

• wrx116
          wrx116 commented
          Editing a comment
          DSApplicant it was two years between both.

• emtguy89
          emtguy89 commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I've seen, that's standard practice with OPR, to poly everyone who failed a previous poly. They have a lower fail rate than CBP though.

• The polygraph is such an outdated tool and adds so much to the hiring process that I'm surprised it's still utilized.

Comment

• Anyone in this forum still waiting for the interview, or did we all get through it?

Comment

• Lfreezy
            Lfreezy commented
            Editing a comment
            I think someone upthread said they were scheduled for the 10th.

• jazz77
            jazz77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Plus I've read some were still waiting to get an interview schedule email on another forum

• Has anybody heard anything? What’s next anybody know?

Comment

• RetiredVet19
            RetiredVet19 commented
            Editing a comment
            the phase three structured interviews were supposed to be scheduled through June 10th. We won't likely hear anything before that. What I expect is to be contacted shortly after that time with results and next steps. The next steps, according to https://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/p...EntryLevel.pdf involve a conditional/tentative offer following by the health screening, background check, poly, and the physical fitness assessment. Once finished there, then the final offer and dates for FLETC (CITP and HSISAT) for about 6 months.

They've been following their timeline published in the announcement very closely, and I think there have been statements in this forum about HSI wanting to have this process completed within about a year of the announcement. Which is quick for a federal agency.
            Last edited by RetiredVet19; 05-29-2022, 11:57 AM.

• There was a discussion previously about June 15 on the application questionnaire for getting college credits in. I'm guessing that's when the TOs will be dated for.

Comment

• jazz77
            jazz77 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a little confusing because I wouldn't think your clock starts with a TO. I'm not an expert by any means so I could be wrong.

• RetiredVet19
            RetiredVet19 commented
            Editing a comment
            Typically its that you have to be appointed by the day before your 37th.... that's what I've always read..... and I haven't seen anything about a June 15th deadline for credits, that could have been something specific for somebody....

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            The date was mid-June. I am positive that your “Clock” doesn’t stop on that date/point of a TOL, but my assumption is that they probably anticipate to complete hiring quick enough to stop the clock in time. Age waivers may be approved as well post-TOL perhaps?

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not HSI, but my coworker has applied ONE time for the feds in 2019 for US Marshals, and she was aged out in 2020, but received her offer recently and is attending the academy later this month. Crazy luck

• Had my interview today. I stumbled a bit on one question, but overall I through it went fine. Good luck to anyone who still has to interview, hopefully we get some good news soon.

Comment

• jazz77
            jazz77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck! I'm sure it's a relief to have it done.

• Justaguy95
            Justaguy95 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck man, I did mine like 2 weeks ago and the more time has gone by the more I am questioning whether what I answered was sufficient and hit all of the things, just trying to keep positive. Also, they didn’t even give me an opportunity for questions at the end and the interview just ended after like 25 mins

• DoubleHaul
            DoubleHaul commented
            Editing a comment
            Justaguy95 I feel largely the same about my interview. Looking back, I feel like I could have articulated things better and added more to my responses. My total interview time was just shy of 30 minutes, and I wasn't given the opportunity to ask any questions at the end. I have heard from a lot of other applicants that had the same experience, so I wouldn't read into that at all.

• Justaguy95
            Justaguy95 commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate you saying that man, it helps knowing that most of us collectively have had the same experience. The waiting period just kills, too much time to think and start to second guess, but you’re right tho just gotta stay positive and patient

• I just heard results won’t come out till July so don’t get discouraged

Comment

• jazz77
            jazz77 commented
            Editing a comment
            That makes sense considering people waited until as late as possible to interview. I wanted to get my done asap bc I was worried about interview "fatigue" setting in with those conducting the interviews. Good luck

• RetiredVet19
            RetiredVet19 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was just scheduled with a date & time, wasn't given options.... but glad it came in relatively early as well......

• LightRoast
            LightRoast commented
            Editing a comment
            Same. I didn’t have options. Just a date and time.

• jazz77
            jazz77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got 1 date and time. It seems like some got to choose dates all the way through the 10th.

• edited for content
          Last edited by BulkheadBobby; 06-08-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• The situp standard is hand on shoulders and elbows over the knees correct?

Comment

• ThorBro407
            ThorBro407 commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct!! HSIs physical fitness test standards aren’t difficult. Everyone should pass with flying colors if we get to that part of course.

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not necessarily, I remember reading something about your spine needing to be in line with your neck or something like that. The only fitness test with situps that have to go passed the knees is DEA.

Also, I think it was hands over chest, but might be wrong on that one.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2264 users online. 154 members and 2110 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X