Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still waiting, best advice has already been given. “Relax”. Interview isn’t as stressful as the correspondence makes it seem.

Comment

• I agree. Be relaxed and take your time answering the questions fully. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Specialagent blog says the interview is just situational questions like what you would you do type. Can anyone confirm? Hope that's not violating the confidential agreement

Comment

• jazz77
          jazz77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I used the Godoy system to practice for the exams but not the interview

• Did the interview today. The general advice given here to “relax” is spot on. Everybody should be fine.

Comment

• Did my interview too. Definitely needed to relax... don't think I passed.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            15 min here. Legit.

• InsideScoop
            InsideScoop commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine was like 15 as well i was so surprised but there was nothing to milk. Haha we will see

• ThorBro407
            ThorBro407 commented
            Editing a comment
            Interview took about 25 mins, I tried to add as much fluff as possible but still was a quick interview. We should know something after June 10.

• dark321
            dark321 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the responses guys... It will help calm me down for the next few weeks while we wait lol

• Anyone continue to go through the process with another agency while at FLETC? I’m about to get a FO for another 1811 and head to training with the hope of switching to HSI later. I know it’s kind of crappy to screw the first agency but if HSI doesn’t offer me a position I’ll be stuck with nothing if I don’t take it. I also know they don’t let you take time off at fletc so how have people been able to get the steps done for another agency while there? (Medical, UA, etc)

Comment

• jazz77
            jazz77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure how it would work unless it's scheduled on the weekend.

• RetiredVet19
            RetiredVet19 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think it works like that. Once you accept with that other agency, I think you have to play that out and wait for an opportunity to switch later on...... don't hold me to that though......

• alphawhiskey06
            alphawhiskey06 commented
            Editing a comment
            One in the hand is worth two in the bush my man..

• jazz77
            jazz77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've 100% seen people take one job and then accept another offer before and after training, just never during. My advice is take the sure thing and hope it works out with the possible job. It's much less stressful to try and get your ideal 1811 job when you're already an 1811.

• How certain is a final offer, if the phase 3 interview is passed? Is it a shoe-in, minus any hiccups with medical, bg, or poly?

Comment

• RetiredVet19
            RetiredVet19 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great question, probably highly dependent on those final items which are essential for evaluating the individual against the needs of the job

• Originally posted by Secretagentman View Post
          How certain is a final offer, if the phase 3 interview is passed? Is it a shoe-in, minus any hiccups with medical, bg, or poly?
          A final offer is only given when you are officially hired (assuming you say yes) and everything is passed. You got the job.

Anything before that is a tentative offer, which roughly translates to you will receive a final offer if you pass all the steps, and barring any wild happenings out of your control (admin, budget, etc).
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Poly question; do they actually calculate who takes it on a risk based approach like they say, or is everybody subjected to it?

Comment

• wrx116
              wrx116 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know how their actual process and determination works but at least for ERO, out of the 24 in my class I think 4-5 of us were poly'd including myself.

• Stay Salty VB
              Stay Salty VB commented
              Editing a comment
              I think most of us who haven’t subjected ourselves to a federal poly yet should expect to take one during the process

• vtruy
              vtruy commented
              Editing a comment
              wrx116 @stay-salty-vb . Appreciate the responses. Yah I got a favorable poly from FBI a couple years ago so we’ll see. That’s if I even passed the interview lol. Thanks guys!

• Keeping the theme alive… relax ! Mine took 30 mins so I either did really well or **** the bed lol . Good luck all!

Comment

• RetiredVet19
              RetiredVet19 commented
              Editing a comment
              Several comments stating that the interview was about 30 minutes. So, it's difficult to say. But it is consistent.

• Had my interview yesterday. I feel like it went really well, but I suppose we’ll see. I’ve been surprised it the past. Haha.

Hopefully we all get good news in the next few weeks.

Comment

• dark321
              dark321 commented
              Editing a comment
              On par with everyone for it being a 30min interview?

Best of luck

• JakeMN55
              JakeMN55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah. I’d say it lasted like 35 min.

• jazz77
              jazz77 commented
              Editing a comment
              My interview was at least 45 minutes but I'm not sure if the fact I like to ramble helped or hurt my chances. Lol. Just sitting back and trying to be patient.

• Does anyone plan on reaching out to an office of preference if they get a tentative offer? I know this isn’t a direct hire, but I’m sure the SACs may have some pull to who they want working in their AOR.

Comment

• DoubleHaul
              DoubleHaul commented
              Editing a comment
              I plan to. I think if you have contacts at your office of preference, you'd be stupid not to work them. Maybe it won't help with this announcement, but it definitely won't hurt.

• jazz77
              jazz77 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been in contact with a recruiter essentially since the process started. Like DH said if you have an opportunity to potentially help your odds at all, you'd be crazy not to.

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              Does a TOL come with a location attached or no?

• Stay Salty VB
              Stay Salty VB commented
              Editing a comment
              I plan on assertively asking for as many favors from contacts as I can lol. Pretty common in the LE world. Sometimes it work sometimes it don’t. Hardly ever hurts you to ask.

• If anyone doesn't feel like they did well for HSI, I'm hearing that Postal Inspection Service (1811 - Postal Inspector) is supposed to open up in July. By then everyone should know where they stand for this.

Comment

• jazz77
              jazz77 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've heard their selection process makes zero sense. I'm pretty happy in my current 1811 position so I'll probably just stay put if HSI doesn't come calling. It's their locations and variety of cases I'm interested in.

• Anyone know how this risk-based poly thing works? Current local LEO here in good standing. Got nothing even resembling a criminal record, have great credit, etc. Can’t imagine I’d be in the “risk” category but the unknown factor/how they make that decision is what gets me a tad apprehensive.

Comment

• RetiredVet19
              RetiredVet19 commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn't worry about it, either you get flagged for a poly, or you don't. The poly itself isn't attempt at a "gotcha" moment, nor is it a "trap" or an attempt to "trip you up". Depending on the type of the poly, it is more to valid your answers to security questions or suitability characteristics as they relate to the work/environment. Believe it or not, people with the background you've indicated, only have trouble with it because they can't relax.

• Pretty understandable to be apprehensive about it when one’s entire future is on the line. I’ve lost jobs before singlehandedly due to the poly, having “failed” despite telling the complete truth.

Anyone with an IQ above 80 is aware how archaic and unreliable they are, but they’re still used which is sad. I actually understand why they’re used; but they absolutely shouldn’t disqualify an applicant solely based on a poly when 1) no admissions are made and 2) there’s nothing concerning in a background packet. It’s just an excuse for the government to weed someone out rather than put in the effort of doing an actual investigation.

I’m of the radical opinion that a candidate’s actual, documented life history means much more than a machine that measures stress to questions.

Comment

• RetiredVet19
              RetiredVet19 commented
              Editing a comment
              Here I am trying to help reduce anxiety in people who are worried about the polygraph, and here you come with a wrecking ball. On behalf of everyone whose apprehension you just racketed up, "THANK YOU".

Regardless of the polygraph's efficacy and relevance, or lack thereof, to an individual's suitability or trustworthiness for a government position, it is still a tool used as part of the process. While it is nice to know your personal stance on the topic of polygraphs, you opinion isn't germane to the topic of how polygraphs are used during the HSI hiring process, nor does it help those applicants who have concerns about it.

Recall grandma's advice, "If you've got nothing nice or helpful to say, don't say anything at all."

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2159 users online. 145 members and 2014 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X