Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my invite. Just an FYI, the email came from the HR employee scheduling the interviews, so the email address was their name. Not [email protected] or anything like that.

Comment

• I must be last on the list, still no contact for a schedule invite yet. Hopefully next week, I’d like to go ahead and get a day of leave put in for it if possible….

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        Donjuan85657 yeah, hard to accomplish that in uniform pushing a beat for 12 hours if I get the wrong day though lol. I’m confident I can get it worked out I’d just prefer to plan ahead is all.

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel you man. Years back I interviewed for a position during shift. One of the folks in the interview was at my station but by policy they all had to be telephonic bc some people were out of the area. Just sat in my unit praying nothing crazy came over the radio.

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        jazz77 yeah, it’s not preferable, but I’ll do what I gotta to get it done. I’d definitely rather take the day off and do the interview in a more relaxed setting than in a pool car over my phone however.

• agreen643
        agreen643 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m still waiting also.

• Got the invite yesterday for 1 time slot about 10 days out

Comment

• Nvm read that wrong

Comment

• Overall I'm surprised how few people are moving forward considering how many applied. I wonder what the passing score was bumped to. Looking forward to the interview and hopefully a TO. I'm curious if we'll hear something June 11th or if it'll take awhile to get them out? Either way, everyone that has made it this far obviously earned it bc Phase II was brutal on folks.

Comment

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I passed the HSI and ATF exam recently. But I was knocked out of other processes from stuff where it seemed like everyone else passed, like the FAMS battery assessment and USMS structured interview.

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            If you guys think this fail rate is high, you should have seen it back in the middle of the last decade, 2014-2016 and probably later. There was a math section and it absolutely obliterated candidate pools in the first step. That's why they got rid of it.

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            Math was still on there during the 2019 Direct Hire posting. Ridiculously difficult but I somehow passed it. Know alot of people who walked out like me thinking they failed - and passed. That test was nuts.

• Stay Salty VB
            Stay Salty VB commented
            Editing a comment
            Math would have knocked me out for sure. I applied to that 2019 announcement but wasn’t referred then. As they say, timing is everything it seems.

• Looked thru all the study guides, no prep material for interview. I usually just rely on the FBI interview guide since those core competencies cover almost any situation you can ask.

Comment

• I'm gonna go out in a limb and assume the interview is like any other DHS STAR interview. I've interviewed for TSO, FAMS, ERO, TSA HQ and USCIS and every interview was the same. As long as you can have a bank of various experiences which are good and bad and things about yourself like what you do well and what you can improve on, it should be fine.

And for some who may be just out of college with limited work experience, or never worked LE, your school experiences and any non-LEO positions count just as much, so dont feel nervous or like you have nothing to say. Everyone has experiences to share.

Comment

• Has anybody heard anything about scheduling the interview yet besides the initial email I haven’t heard anything. I know it’s from May 10th to June 10th so I still might have some time

Comment

• jazz77
                jazz77 commented
                Editing a comment
                The email I received was from a regular employee and I was only offered 1 date/time. I'd assume that as they're reaching out on a rolling basis since it's interviews are being scheduled by real people

• DoubleHaul
                DoubleHaul commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you read any of the posts in this thread?

• Stay Salty VB
                Stay Salty VB commented
                Editing a comment
                A few of us are still waiting as well. Might be going alphabetically? My last name would be low on the list so seems reasonable. Either way “stand by” is the consensus….

• DSApplicant
                DSApplicant commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't received my scheduling email yet, either. You're not alone.

• Just got my invite to interview. They gave me my choice of 20 dates. Sounds abnormal compared to what I've been reading here.

Comment

• DSApplicant
                DSApplicant commented
                Editing a comment
                San Francisco. What about you? Mine were all multiple times of the day as well.

• jazz77
                jazz77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Tampa office. 1 date and time offered.

• agreen643
                agreen643 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got San Francisco also. They sent me a large list, but haven’t heard back what date they picked for me.

• DSApplicant
                DSApplicant commented
                Editing a comment
                agreen643 I haven't either. That makes me feel better. I was thinking I fell through the cracks.

• I just finished my HSI phase 3 structured interview. It was slightly different than I expected but also nothing surprising either. I definitely wish it had been in person rather than virtual. They said I will be informed about my score (pass or fail I guess) within the next “several weeks”. I assume it’ll be the end of May or early June when I hear back from anyone. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• DSApplicant
                DSApplicant commented
                Editing a comment
                I know you can't talk about specifics, but was it situational questions or experience based questions?

• jazz77
                jazz77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good deal. Good luck on the next phase
                Last edited by jazz77; 05-09-2022, 05:47 PM.

• I had my interview today too. I think everyone will be fine. As ECTFO said above, they said I'll receive next steps in a few weeks. Good luck to all.

Comment

• jazz77
                jazz77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did they require video or was it audio only?

• wrx116
                wrx116 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it is through Microsoft Teams, at least mine was and required both audio and video. I actually had to use my phone lol but it all worked out. I don't know if all offices use Microsoft Teams but that's what I was sent.

• jazz77
                jazz77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok. That's my worry...teams messes up on my phone or at least video does. I'll just drag my laptop around if I have something come up

• RetiredVet19
                RetiredVet19 commented
                Editing a comment
                The email instructions stated the interviews would be conducted via MS Teams. An office rep conducted a test run with me yesterday on it for my interview next week. The rep was only setting up the schedule and testing the connection and was NOT one of the interviewers. She was very specific about that.

• Are people still waiting to schedule their interview?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
                Stay Salty VB commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m still waiting, no communication at all for me past the initial email yet

• leotoagent1
                leotoagent1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Still waiting.

• DoubleHaul
                DoubleHaul commented
                Editing a comment
                Also still waiting. There's a whole month left in the announced interview window. I'm just hoping whoever reaches out has a few slots to pick from instead of one date/time, take it or leave it.

• Stay Salty VB
                Stay Salty VB commented
                Editing a comment
                My trial date got continued so a whole week of availability just opened back up for this interview for me. Big stress off my back. Hope to hear something soon all the same. Glad to see I’m not the only one waiting.

• Finished the interview today. Went great. Good luck everyone! I was told I would be notified of the next steps in a few weeks.

Comment

• jazz77
                jazz77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome! Good luck man!

• Finally received scheduling email. One date/time with the Miami office. Luckily my court schedule is clear and I can now take a half day off work and be prepared. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• jazz77
                jazz77 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm hoping that my background transfers over so the process isn't quite as long.

• LightRoast
                LightRoast commented
                Editing a comment
                jazz77 I would expect it doesn’t, just in case.

• jazz77
                jazz77 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not really expecting anything. Things will take however long they take. I doubt a HSI TSC is any more TSC than any other federal agency so in theory it should transfer but I've been in the government long enough to know what makes sense isn't always what happens.

• RetiredVet19
                RetiredVet19 commented
                Editing a comment
                Each agency has its own particular items it is looking for in their background checks. If you've got a previous clearance, then you are a step ahead, but they'll still have to do their own specific checks for their agency.

• Locked in my interview date: June 10, the last day of the interview period.

Comment

• Frank020387
                Frank020387 commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess there are only 4 more days for people schedule interviews. Are there people still waiting?

• jazz77
                jazz77 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've seen people on another forum saying that they're waiting for the email as well.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2197 users online. 133 members and 2064 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X