Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone actually been contacted yet in reference to scheduling their interview? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything

Comment

• LightRoast
      LightRoast commented
      Editing a comment
      Nada. We’re on the same page.

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks….puts me at ease. Got a strange phone call from a “No caller ID” number yesterday but left no voicemail. Had me unnecessarily freaked out that I missed my scheduling call lol.

• LightRoast
      LightRoast commented
      Editing a comment
      All my prior federal interviews were scheduled via e-mail. I can’t see this process being any different.

• JakeMN55
      JakeMN55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven’t been contacted yet either.

• I got an email today with dates to pick from for the interview.

Comment

• jazz77
      jazz77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Which office is doing your interview?

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      How many dates did they offer? I have a lengthy jury trial I’m scheduled to testify in mid May and a lot of mandatory OT sandwiched in there on top of it due to some city events, so I’m hoping they’re somewhat flexible

• Just got my failure notice, good luck yall. im in the background check process for DEA but I guess HSI wasn't meant to be.

Comment

• DoubleHaul
      DoubleHaul commented
      Editing a comment
      Tough break. Doors close and doors open all the time in the fed LE hiring game. Keep plugging away and you'll land somewhere you want to be.

• RobPA4
      RobPA4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same. I didn’t pass.

Hopefully ATF or DEA comes around for me.

• LightRoast
      LightRoast commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear for you guys. I know the feeling. tarquinusmc if your DEA process works out, you can always lateral once you have some time as an 1811, if that’s what you want still. I know more than a few former DEA who made the transfer. Good luck on your journey and thanks for starting this thread. I appreciate it.

• I just received my failure notice as well. This is the first assessment/test that I fail, so it’s very surprising. I thought the test was fairly easy. But I am thinking it may be an error perhaps… (my hope).

Anyone signed up for two announcements and scheduled for the same test twice? I had contacted HR for my second Phase II exam, and was told to only take one of them, the results should apply to both. I am hoping, for the test that I was a ‘no show’, that was the grade used for my results… if it’s a computer system doing these calculations.

If not, then it was not meant to be.
    Last edited by raph_mart; 05-02-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Theout
      Theout commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately and I guess fortunately for some - incomplete assessment are not “failed “ assessment according to the new guidelines ( I don’t agree but what do I know )
      From new FAQ
      Non-passing results: Applicants who do not pass any phase of the assessment process must wait two (2) years from the date of the failed assessment(s) before being able to retake the assessment(s).
      Incomplete assessments: Applicants who do not start, or do not complete, any phase of the assessment process can retake the assessments whenever there is another open announcement.

• Got my bad news letter. So I’m out.

To those who passed, outstanding job. A lot of us definitely underestimated the difficulty of this test. Ya’ll definitely earned moving onto the next step.

It was fun while it lasted. Good luck on the rest of your journies to the golden egg. See ya’ll in 2 years (hopefully).

Iroquois out!
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• JA95
      JA95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same boat brother. I’d be willing to bet the cut off score was just very high given the amount of applicants. Things are looking promising with the USMS on this end, just figured I’d toss my name in here and see what happened. Good luck in your future endeavors.

• Received an interview invitation email late last night. Virtual interview with a single set date/time, no reschedules or extensions will be given per the email I received. As the previous email stated, the interview invitation came from a random field office so I am not sure how other offices are scheduling their assigned interviews. Luckily, I should be able to make it work for my date/time but it is a bit rough for people who may have a conflict they can't just get out of.

Comment

• jazz77
      jazz77 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is pretty crazy. It sounds like it's completely up to the office assigned your interview. I've heard some people getting their choice of 2 dates, being asked to let them know dates that they're available and then people like you getting take it or leave it slots.
      I get that there are probably too many applicants for the actual SAC offices each applied for to do the interviews but I feel that if office doing the interview was getting the agent, they might be more accommodating.

• While I wait for someone to contact me about my interview, I’m just curious if anyone is scheduled to interview with a SAC they listed as a preference on their application?

Comment

• agreen643
      agreen643 commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I hear, you can’t test with the office you put in for. Makes sure no favoritism.

• Anyone else still waiting for contact about the interview?

Comment

• JakeMN55
      JakeMN55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting as well.

• jazz77
      jazz77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting here as well

• LightRoast
      LightRoast commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir. Waiting here, as well.

• Datemike
      Datemike commented
      Editing a comment
      Got my interview set up, and for reference, I was only given one date and time as a take it or leave it.

• I also got email late last night, one interview slot.. not close to one of the areas i chose as preference. Just to give some insight

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s the time frame they’re giving? I’m really hoping it’s not during the week I’m in court that will stress me out

• InsideScoop
      InsideScoop commented
      Editing a comment
      8 days from now for me

• tlaughlin
      tlaughlin commented
      Editing a comment
      I picked Nashville, Charlotte, and Atlanta. Contacted for interview through Houston office.

• yankeeman319
      yankeeman319 commented
      Editing a comment
      tlaughlin I selected Houston but got contacted by another office as well. It’s like they took my preference sheet and slid it into the garbage haha.

• As long as they're contacting via email I'm happy. I don't want to worry about missing a call with my VM messing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2B18-11 View Post
      While I wait for someone to contact me about my interview, I’m just curious if anyone is scheduled to interview with a SAC they listed as a preference on their application?
      Didn't it specifically say the office contacting you had no bearing on where you selected and where you may be ultimately hired? They're just divvying up and spreading out the load is how the emails read to my eyes.
      Either way, based on what this interview is, I can almost guarantee that someone who interviews with a SAC office that they happen to want to go to isn't getting any type of leg up because they have a good interview with the region they want to go to. The interviews are conveyor belt, pass/fail, get them done and sent down the road fast as possible.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• For everyone waiting on contact from an interview coordinator: the coordinators will be reaching out via email only and scheduling will be done on a rolling basis. If you don’t hear anything by 5/20, contact the CI Entry Level Hiring Unit via email. That information is from the CI Entry Level Hiring Unit itself.

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly what I needed to hear, thanks my friend

• Just got the email. Only 1 time offered but with plenty of time to respond and potentially ask for a change if you had a conflict. The office is not one I applied for.

Comment

• RetiredVet19
          RetiredVet19 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think the office interviewing as anything to do with the locations applied for. From what I can gather, it's just how they are getting applicants through the interview step.

• This is from the email that you got if you moved onto Phase 3. Just to clear this out for good now lol.
        • Applicants were randomly assigned to ICE locations for virtual interviews. The location that is conducting your interview may not be one of the locations you preferenced in your application. This will be your only opportunity to interview; do not decline based on location.
        For example. I applied to VA/DC but will be interviewing with Charlotte.
        Last edited by wrx116; 05-05-2022, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• 2022 HSI FAQ.pdf (cdn-website.com)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2224 users online. 150 members and 2074 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X