300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All,

Just a theory here so hear me out. I think that if you have not been told you failed but have not been told you passed, that you most likely did not select locations that were desperate for bodies.

If you look back at your original assessment when applying, it said that preference would go to those willing to go to offices with highest priority of needs of bodies. Maybe that’s the common denominator?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      I selected “low priority” locations and received notice. Like Iroquois said below, trying to wrap your head around the G’s hiring speeds/various processes is a slippery slope to driving yourself nuts. Remain calm, notice will come either way, take things as they go or don’t go.

• RobPA4
      RobPA4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I take your theory and present you with this: If by “highest priority of needs of bodies” you mean hard fill locations, then there is a flaw. I, and a few others applied to a hard to fill area, with an incentive bonus and have received nothing.

This is as long as you referencing hard fill areas.

• App2018
      App2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      Although this is a good theory, I picked all hardship locations and have yet to receive a notification of passing or failure.

• Lol. Preaching to the choir bro. I got my notice for Phase 3. Just trying to ease minds. As someone whose got almost 3 years in another process - I definitely understand the advice. Good luck boys and girls.

Comment

• Based on the responses given on this forum, it appears that everyone that has received an email has passed phase 2. There hasn’t been a user on here that that stated that he has failed. I think it’s safe to assume that if you haven’t gotten an email by now you did not pass.

Comment

• RobPA4
        RobPA4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it was on Reddit where dudes were saying they failed. But my buddy told me he received a failure notification. I think when most guys fail they just prefer not to post.

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        “ . To those reluctant to believe the distribution of the notice of failures — I’ve now personally seen e-mails from those who got rejections, because I didn’t believe it at first either.”

Direct quote from about 5 posts prior. Please don’t spread misinfo and stress people out more. It’s Saturday, enjoy your weekend and wait for a response from ICE.

• LightRoast
        LightRoast commented
        Editing a comment
        I like what this guy @staysaltyVB Said. Enjoy your weekend.

• I mean, realistically, we can assume nothing. I’m a pretty pessimistic individual. However, we have to look at the HSI process like a command urinalysis. You can’t have everyone pee at once and analyze everyone’s **** in bulk. You have to do it in increments. Especially if you practice Stone Age hiring practices like HSI — where you do periodic announcement on USAJobs. You’re likely to get 10,000 - 20,000 applicants. Versus how USSS and FBI do it, where it’s a consistent recruitment/vetting throughout a 12 month calendar year. Even schedule B is more efficient...

It is inevitable that you’re going to sweat about what you don’t know. But don’t throw your sucker in the dirt yet. You may very well still be in the game. However, be prepared for bad news as well.

I’ve been around the block. What I’ve learned from these processes, is that they never make sense. Let it be a lesson, because it will be more common on the job than not when you do land that golden egg.
      Last edited by IroqouisB; 04-30-2022, 05:29 PM.
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• RobPA4
        RobPA4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol, command urinalysis…

• Sb2475
        Sb2475 commented
        Editing a comment
        hahaha...command urinalysis. Yeah, we'll get news next week and have some semblance of how we need to move forward.

• Originally posted by Donjuan85657 View Post
      All,

Just a theory here so hear me out. I think that if you have not been told you failed but have not been told you passed, that you most likely did not select locations that were desperate for bodies.

If you look back at your original assessment when applying, it said that preference would go to those willing to go to offices with highest priority of needs of bodies. Maybe that’s the common denominator?
      Maybe it goes by last names? who knows really. Probably they did it all random and will continue to notify people going into next week. Phase 3 does not officially start until May 9, so they are probably not I'm a hurry to notify everyone at the same time.

Comment

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        My last name is right in the middle of the alphabet so I don't think that's it.

• The failure rate of the test would have to be incredible for everyone who has not received a referral email to have failed. Since not everyone who has received a referral also selected a hardship location that's apparently not the common factor. Possibly they are sending referrals based on actual scores?

Comment

• IroqouisB
        IroqouisB commented
        Editing a comment
        With the way ICE-HSI HR operates, I’d be more inclined to believe they picked names out of a hat.

• dark321
        dark321 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not trying to be rude, but maybe HSI (or even LE) isn't for you. You've previously posted about how you are anti poly and other comments lol. Come on man, just sit back and wait for it.

I disagree with you, ICE HSI HR has been outstanding so far. This is the first time I've applied to any job where they have kept to the timeline. You probably didn't pass. Just accept it. It was a pretty tough test as I commented after taking it while a bunch of you kept flaunting how it was easy.

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, compared to other processes I’ve been in/currently in, ICE HR has been a dream….wish every process could run this well.

• Originally posted by jazz77 View Post
      The failure rate of the test would have to be incredible for everyone who has not received a referral email to have failed. Since not everyone who has received a referral also selected a hardship location that's apparently not the common factor. Possibly they are sending referrals based on actual scores?
      The failure rate for phase 2 from the DHS only announcement was high. They went back and considered additional applications that weren't referred initially. Not sure if that was because of people failing phase 2 or if they were doing waves of testing. Phase 3 interviews last about 45 minutes, they could possibly be going by highest scores first. There is no way they are going to conduct thousands of interviews. I would wait a few more days or just reach out to HR and ask them directly. They usually respond quick.

edit - clarity
      Last edited by vicdx; 05-01-2022, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I never would have expected that based on the test.

• Serious question, what’s the dress code for a Teams interview? A suit and tie to sit in my home office and talk to my phone screen for 45 minutes seems almost comical….

Comment

• BenWVSP
        BenWVSP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I’m curious too about dress code. I received email from an administrator at a local office advising they would be in contact next week to finalize details on date and time of interview and frankly it sounds like they want to knock it out ASAP. This will be my first interview via Teams, which I’m not a fan of. I think it’s hard to connect with a panel over the computer.

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems pretty silly. Although I'm glad I don't have to travel, I would be more comfortable in an in person interview.

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed with y’all….public speaking and interviews are both things I tend to excel at, but virtual things are very jarring to me, and I don’t have a great computer setup as it is so I’ll likely have to run it off my iPhone….

• LightRoast
        LightRoast commented
        Editing a comment
        I have always stuck with 'dress to impress'.

• Does anyone know how the “risk based” approach works regarding poly?

Comment

• JakeMN55
        JakeMN55 commented
        Editing a comment
        On a different forum people are saying it seems random who gets one.

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Obviously I hope it's waived in my case, not bc I'm worried about it but bc of the potential for delaying Onboarding. I have over 10 years of federal LEO experience with a TS for all of it l. I'd like to think I have demonstrated trustworthiness by now.

• JakeMN55
        JakeMN55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right there with you. I've got 6+ years in as a Federal LEO. I would hope that counts for something.

That being said, I honestly don't want to mess with taking it. I'm far along in the hiring process with a different agency that doesn't require one and I don't want to potentially have to note I have a failed poly and raise an unnecessary red flag to bog that process.

It's not that I even have anything to hide, other than my own guilty conscious. haha. But I know several really good guys that have told me their horror stories with them and they have no reason to lie to me.

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah man, I've known several people who have failed just bx they got nervous or something

• I received notice of my interview and am moving along in the process does anybody know when the physical fitness test is going to be given?

Comment

• SCSO3456
        SCSO3456 commented
        Editing a comment
        As in you scheduled your interview? I do not know about PT Test.

• LightRoast
        LightRoast commented
        Editing a comment
        PT is last before EOD. Per the timeline, of course.

• deleted...

Comment

• Does anyone know if you can become an Agent even though you have Type 1 Diabetes?

Comment

• jazz77
          jazz77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know diabetic agents and others in primary coverage roles. Technically it's a protected disability so I doubt they'd deny you over it.

• Those that have had the interview schedule email, what was the subject line/address it came from? I’ve been monitoring my junk folder but just for general paranoia purposes want to triple check that I’m not glazing over anything

Comment

• jazz77
          jazz77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm switching carriers and my vm has been messing up...makes me super paranoid.

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, similar boat. Hopefully they send an email.

• Any study guide to prep for the interview?
        thanks!

Comment

• Per HR:

The remaining test scores will be out this week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2153 users online. 144 members and 2009 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X