Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just took the Phase II test. It’s definitely hard to get a read on it, to parrot what others have said before me. However, I don’t feel it was terribly difficult (Watch, now I won’t pass it). The Writing skills/Grammar section seemed pretty elementary, and the Logic and Reasoning section is on-par with CBP’s, if not a tad more difficult.

I’m hopeful to join you all in Phase III, God willing. Best of luck to you all! I presume results will come in a week or so before they start sending interview dates out. Cheers.

Comment

• kvasir
      kvasir commented
      Editing a comment
      It wasn't the hardest test by any means. Some of the questions/answers were awkwardly written. I definitely wasn't in a good mental state while taking it, since the closest exam site required driving 3 hours one way over a horrible snowy and icy mountain pass.

• Does HSI require a poly?

Comment

• JA95
      JA95 commented
      Editing a comment
      BM1811 100% agree! I’ve had at least 3-4 buddies of mine at this point that are squeaky clean and very capable who have come up inconclusive/failed and they’d told the honest to God truth. Hell, I had the same thing happen to me with the DEA 1811 hiring process. I got done with the entire process except the poly, was scoring over 30 out of 40 points on their PTA test (When no one else in my Recruiter’s AOR could get more than a 15) and I still got booted with little to no explanation. I told the truth, I have a TS/SCI clearance that would make no logical sense to jeopardize by lying. Sometimes, things just don’t workout!

• IroqouisB
      IroqouisB commented
      Editing a comment
      The polygraph is utilized to:
      a) instill fear to solicit a confession for an undetected crime, that a BI would otherwise never have found out; and/or
      b) to trim the fat of an applicant pool to allow the agency to non-select someone based on something they didn’t like about the candidate without being held liable for some sort of discrimination (race, religion, characteristic, too fat, too skinny, etc.).

I’ve been on this job long enough, been through multiple sessions, and seen many sociopaths slip through the cracks who should of never been cops, to know the polygraph is trash. Why am I blatantly open about this device? Because it’s 2022 - any Tom, Dick, or Harry can ascertain, listen to some whistle blower podcast, or google that this junk box doesn’t actually detect lies.

However, like I said in a previous post - it’s a fact of life. It’s also a 2 billion dollar industry… Good luck if any of us make it to this portion of the process. May the coin flip be in your favor!
      Last edited by IroqouisB; 04-18-2022, 03:30 AM.

• JA95
      JA95 commented
      Editing a comment
      IroqouisB Very well-put. That’s kind of the assumption I had regarding the poly. I reckon we should all stop stressing it and see if we receive an interview first and foremost.
      Last edited by JA95; 04-18-2022, 10:07 AM.

• Frank020387
      Frank020387 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is risk based though?

• Did you guys receive an email after you completed the test?

When I completed the IRS exam a day before, as soon as I finished, I received an email from panpowered saying thank you for completing the test.
    I didn't receive anything after completing the HSI test. At the end of the test, it went to the log in screen and I wasn't sure if the test completed or what happened?

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not receive anything additional from either HSI or ATF upon completion of the test, and I took them both same day. I wouldn’t sweat.

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for confirming!

• InsideScoop
      InsideScoop commented
      Editing a comment
      I was curious too, same thing happened and the proctor was nervous bc she couldnt log me out

• Any word on the next job announcement?

Comment

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      The announcement just closed like 2 months ago, I don't think there is going to be another one for a while.

• LightRoast
      LightRoast commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet. But stay hopeful. There may be another this year.

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last time they had a direct hire in 2019? and nothing since then. Not including the female only hire. Maybe another 2- 3years before another post.

• DetroitStyle2
      DetroitStyle2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha. Appreciate the info!

• I feel you. The last time I applied was in 2016 and failed the written, due to the math section. I missed the direct hire one, regrettably. All I’m saying is to Detroit is to keep your eyes peeled, because there isn’t a cycle to it. There are a lot of (LEO) feds coming up to their 20 year mark and they may send out another announcement sooner than you think.
    Last edited by LightRoast; 04-21-2022, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• RetiredVet19
      RetiredVet19 commented
      Editing a comment
      At this rate, I'm going to age out of even the veteran preference waiver............

• Someone on delphi forums said HR told em Phase 2 results are coming out end of the month.

For reference... might coincide with timeline if they give you a week heads up to start scheduling the interviews.

Phase III Structured Interview:
    • Applicants earning passing scores on all Phase I and II assessments will be referred for a Structured Interview.
    • These interviews will be administered throughout the country following Phase I and II assessments.
    • Interviews may be conducted in person, telephonic, or in a virtual environment. Applicants who successfully complete Phases I, II, and III will be placed in a category based upon their combined scores from the assessments.
    • Anticipated assessment window: May 9 - 27, 2022

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, end of the month is in the next 3 days, so hopefully this is the case.

• Passing notifications starting to go out.

Comment

• Just got Phase 3 email!

Comment

• I got a pass on phase 2. Wishing you all luck!

PS anyone know if once you pass, are the scores good for life (37)?

Comment

• Passed!!!! So stoked, congrats to the rest of ya’s as well! Time to prep for the interview. Good luck!

Comment

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats man!!!!!! Here still waiting for the email but I hope made it too!!

• DSApplicant
            DSApplicant commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too! I'm so excited! What are you doing to prepare? I didn't find anything on the site except that it's a panel interview.

• I too received an email passing phase II. Super excited.

Comment

• Got the passing notification, as well. Good luck to everyone moving on to Phase 3. I gotta say I'm somewhat impressed that ICE is sticking to the timeline listed on the announcement so far. It's a far cry from the slapd**k nature of some other agencies' processes, which I won't name here.

Comment

• dark321
              dark321 commented
              Editing a comment
              ICE has been pretty spot on with their timeline so far. Even what HR mentioned according to the delphi forum post.
              Last edited by dark321; 04-28-2022, 07:37 PM.

• RetiredVet19
              RetiredVet19 commented
              Editing a comment
              you realize that the agencies also have personnel on these sites, right? unprofessional behavior in these settings has the potential to come back to haunt you............ just saying......

• dark321
              dark321 commented
              Editing a comment
              I suppose you are right. It was disappointing spending 2 hrs to take an online assessment only to get DQd because whoever posted the online asessment didn't proof read it. Many people on the thread said they received DQ notification when they have plenty of LEO experience.
              Last edited by dark321; 04-28-2022, 07:37 PM.

• So emails going out? I can’t wait hopefully I made the cut

Comment

• RobPA4
              RobPA4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same.

No news is good news, but the anxiety right now is pumping lol.

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              RobPA4 same bro the anxiety is attacking me hard lol let’s hope we made the cut !!!!!!!!

• Just got the passing email. Good luck to all!

Comment

• Moving forward as well. Congratulations everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2192 users online. 148 members and 2044 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X