Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man... Now I know what everyone means by “I don’t know what to think” - about the Phase 2 assessment.

Best of luck to everyone.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• Hey quick question for Phase 2 and I may be psyching myself out but..

I downloaded the ICE prep guide last week and i swear it included math in that version (assuming it was the old version, with the old testing standard. I just went and redownloaded the guide and the math section was gone lol.

Is what I'm reading correct - no math. Just logic, written, and experience?

Comment

• JakeMN55
        JakeMN55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct. No math.

• steelcity6
        steelcity6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly, I don’t think there’s a way to study for it. Taken many similar tests.. just read carefully!

• IroqouisB
        IroqouisB commented
        Editing a comment
        I almost prefer it to have math. But like @steelctiy6 said, there is literally no real way to prepare for the assessment. Just make sure you get plenty of rest and eat a good breakfast. You'll want to be in the perfect mindset to comprehend everything you speed-read.

Good luck.

• Phase II wasn’t bad.. just the logical reasoning, back n forth between answers! Ha. Good luck everyone. Is the physical assessment after interview or after background/medical etc? I’ve seen both on their website and forums. Thanks!

Comment

• B0J0B7
        B0J0B7 commented
        Editing a comment
        The PT test is usually the last step before the final offer at the end of the process. The final offer usually follows in about two to four weeks.

• What does, “may require poly” mean? Like, may if there’s a red flag? Or may if you haven’t had one before?

Comment

• IroqouisB
        IroqouisB commented
        Editing a comment
        From my understanding, OPR wants EVERYONE to be polygraphed. Even if you're a current LEO under the DHS umbrella.

• RetiredVet19
        RetiredVet19 commented
        Editing a comment
        don't worry about the poly, just be open and honest with things and it will go well...

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        My only issue with everyone getting the poly is that it bogs down the process. If a candidate is already a federal LEO, you would think that they would accept the background/clearance...

• JakeMN55
        JakeMN55 commented
        Editing a comment
        https://irp.cdn-website.com/cadac795...vestigator.pdf

Look at page 8…I do believe polygraphs are determined based on risk assessment. Meaning they ARE NOT required for everyone.

• So the last day to take the exam is April 12. Hopefully we get results the following week lol. But I’m also thinking we might get the score a day before phase 3 starts like they did with phase 1.

Comment

• I have my exam for both ATF and HSI tomorrow morning. Wasn’t intending to squeeze them both in one day but didn’t have a choice. I’m happy to see there is no math at this point…,easily my weakest point and am not afraid of the logical reasoning based stuff. Here’s to hoping along with everyone else we all get some positive news back quickly.

Comment

• FishRepairs
          FishRepairs commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish you luck man, just skip over anything you have to double guess and come back to it later

• kvasir
          kvasir commented
          Editing a comment
          The old HSI/ICE study guide's math section is a great prep for ATF's math section. I can't emphasize this enough.

• Carrillo_17
          Carrillo_17 commented
          Editing a comment
          took both of them earlier this week and for the ATF one there was a slight section with a couple of math problems, and a report writing with the HSI one i can say that its only a longer version of the ATF with more logical reasoning questions and no report writing, lets hope i did well one one of them haha

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks everyone, good luck to y’all too. I’ve prepped a little math just in case, but if there is a few on the ATF test, it is what it is. Been about 20 years since I’ve taken a math course so not a ton I can fix about that on short notice as it is lol. Main thing I’m concerned about is the run time for both tests, as I was only given one open ended time slot from 0900-1500 at my test center to complete both tests, so I will be hauling to get through them before the centers closure.

• Does HSI hire candidates right off college?

Comment

• Beenaroundtheblk
          Beenaroundtheblk commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. HSI hires candidates with no college so they would definitely hire people that just graduated college. Experience helps show other qualities as well. Being just one thing wouldn’t help either case. 10 years of being a LEO means nothing if you were crappy at your previous job. A degree in Art doesn’t help if you have never shown you can handle different task. So each person is different and I enjoy that HSI doesn’t just hire former “lawyers, cops and military.” There is definitely strength in diversity.

• Just finished both assessments. Total run time they gave me was 7 hours for the two agencies combined and I was out in an hour and a half lol. I agree with what everyone else said….the questions and how they’re presented are goofy as hell and I don’t see there being any useful way to actually study for these types of tests. I feel a lot better about the HSI test than ATF but fingers crossed for both. And hey, if I bombed both, I’m still happy at my current department. Here’s to hoping Phase III is in all our futures at least.

Comment

• jazz77
          jazz77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm guessing if you completed that quickly you did well. It's been my experience that the time limits for these tests are only short if you're a person that second guessed your answers, and a person who doesn't do that finish early and score higher.

I'm taking mine Monday. Much like you I am hoping for the best but also happy in my current position. Good luck in the process!

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          I am traditionally a good test taker but I’ll say this, even I don’t really have a read on those tests. Very odd and disjointed if you ask me. Not to mention the typos lol. But, yes, I stick with my first choice generally and try not to do too much backtracking, which if nothing else keeps me in and out comparatively

• So is HSI assessment failure is 1 or 2 year ban?
        FAQ says 2 years but someone said something about recruiters having a telecon and agreeing on 1 year (100 % unconfirmed info )

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Since it took em 3 years to advertise entry level spots again I wouldn’t sweat either way lol.

I’d go with the FAQ until better info though personally.

• Theout
          Theout commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol indeed, true

• Originally posted by Theout View Post
        So is HSI assessment failure is 1 or 2 year ban?
        FAQ says 2 years but someone said something about recruiters having a telecon and agreeing on 1 year (100 % unconfirmed info )
        I am fairly certain that during the orientation for the exam it mentioned that if you fail that it's a year before you can retest.

Comment

• Theout
          Theout commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting, well hopefully it’s 1 year one
          Or they just forgot to edit the exam info from last year

• Just took it today - that was way too hard. How do people straight out of highschool pass that!? Even the FBI changed their exam because people kept failing the logical reasoning questions.

To answer posters question above: the exam did mention if you fail you can't retest for a year.

Comment

• newyorkmets2018
          newyorkmets2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tell me about it man! I hate logical reasoning

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          It was not that bad…

• cmor5150
          cmor5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          The test was way easier than the old HSI test with math and an essay portion

• IroqouisB
          IroqouisB commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually thought the old model was easier. But I'm a math buff. However, this test was definitely one of the more challenging writtens I've taken. Especially if you've taken the FBI or USSS - which are a walk in the park and written at an 8th grade level.

• Just finished testing. Did it in about 1.5 hrs, FBI and USSS test were more challenging.

Comment

• dark321
          dark321 commented
          Editing a comment
          Guy above you said FBI and USSS were wal kin park and written at 8th grade level. Which one is it!?

• silvas006
          silvas006 commented
          Editing a comment
          USSS was the hardest then FBI then HSI.

• Lots of big game talking on here - let’s see who makes it to Phase 3

Comment

• jazz77
          jazz77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure about that. Lol...I was struggling to remember my HS grades...

• jazz77
          jazz77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've heard that the interviews are virtual...probably hard to tell how awesome your suit is if that's the case. Lol

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          All I want is for them to give us the score now since the testing period is pretty much over. Lol

• JakeMN55
          JakeMN55 commented
          Editing a comment
          I honestly thought it felt easy...but I suppose we'll see. haha.

• Does anybody have an idea of the number of openings versus the number of people in the hiring process?

Comment

• RetiredVet19
          RetiredVet19 commented
          Editing a comment
          too few and too many............ like every govy opening

• I wouldn’t get too wrapped up about which test is harder vs easier. I think this might just be a good example of people having different strengths (or how they were feeling that day).

Actual openings can’t really be shared publicly for operational security reasons. Not to mention that the number is constantly shifting due to retirements, departures, transfers, etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3492 users online. 241 members and 3251 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X