300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dark321 View Post
    Is the study guide they have a clear indication of exam difficulty?
    IMO if you use the new study guide they provide plus the CBPO study guide (excluding the math part), is all you will need for phase 2.

Comment

• I just took my test today. Felt abnormally hard, but who knows. I’m kinda retarder.

I was on my last seven questions for LR when I noticed I had 2 minutes left. I had to click through the last seven.

Speed was the issue for me; particularly during the LR portion. I studied Sgt. Godoys study guide, the outdated study guide form HSI, and an LSAT Textbook.

Comment

• IroqouisB
        IroqouisB commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch... You feel that any of the guides helped prepare you? And out of all of them, which provided the best method of approach as far as preparedness and comprehension of the material associated with the actual test on game day?

• RobPA4
        RobPA4 commented
        Editing a comment
        IroqouisB The outdated study guide had pretty much everything. The Sgt. Godoy study guide helped with more practice questions. However, it seems over-priced for what you get. It’s riddled with grammar errors and really cheesy, annoying humor. I bought both the ATF and HSI versions and some of the stuff is repeated. At times, I felt like I was clicking through a department mandated PowerPoint by a lower ranking officer trying to add humor to his “voluntary” training presentation. The information is there, but it is poorly executed.

If you can find a decent guide elsewhere, I’d try it. I will second the CBPO guide referenced by Bidstar. I took, and passed, the CBPO exam in 2020, and this felt similar to that.

• Originally posted by RobPA4 View Post
      I just took my test today. Felt abnormally hard, but who knows. I’m kinda retarder.

I was on my last seven questions for LR when I noticed I had 2 minutes left. I had to click through the last seven.

Speed was the issue for me; particularly during the LR portion. I studied Sgt. Godoys study guide, the outdated study guide form HSI, and an LSAT Textbook.
      I've looked over both the HSI Study Guide and the Sgt Godoy materials which I think I paid $80 for. I have to say that where the Godoy materials really help is the practice exams. You get reps in taking a timed test with similar questions to what you will be doing.

I doubt anyone that has made it to phase II legitimately struggles with the actual knowledge portion but throw in a timer and the strange FLETC style testing and anything can happen.

I haven't taken the phase II exam yet but through 2 FLETC academies in my career and multiple LEO exams in the past year, I have yet to score less than an 89% on anything. That being said, despite the somewhat cheesiness of the material, I really like the interactive style of the Godoy materials. I feel that the timed tests are invaluable, especially for those without experience taking FLETC exams or who suffer from test anxiety.

Comment

• RobPA4
        RobPA4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I won’t deny that it helped. This is particularly true regarding practice questions; you can only do so much of the same practice questions before it becomes redundant (this is true for the outdated study guide). The Sgt. Godoy study guide had a lot of extra practice questions.The substance is definitely there.

It could have been 200$ and I probably still would have bought it. Yet, I’ll still complain that it was over priced lol.

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I ultimately decided to just go through the practice exams rather than attempt to go through all of the materials. Between that and the HSI guide I feel I'll be well prepared.

• I just took the phase II today. I reviewed the online study guide that HSI provided and I also purchased Godoy’s materials. I would say both are a good idea to those who can get hands on both, as they were helpful to me.

Does anyone know when we will receive a passing/failing notification? I’m betting it will come around May 9th when they have the next phase starting in the initial announcement.

Comment

• RobPA4
        RobPA4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope sooner. But I’m kind of assuming that it will be around the start of the next phase. We didn’t receive notification on whether we passed Phase 1 or not until the dates given on the announcement. I’m enjoying them abiding by the time line though.

• Yea, I agree with both of your points. And I am also happy to see them sticking to the timeline. It’s pretty aggressive, especially since initially when “applying” it asked if a start date of June 15th 2022 was a possibility. Makes sense with how aggressive the timeframe is.

I would assume the PFT test will be after phase III ?

Comment

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't recall seeing anything about a potential June 15th, 2022 EOD. Where did you see it?

• jazz77
        jazz77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been trying to confirm the PFT standards. I know it's different than my current agency. I've heard it consists of Push-ups/sit-ups in a minute, a 220 yard sprint and 1.5 mile run. I'm just not sure if it's a set standard or if it varies for age/gender

• tarquinusmc
        tarquinusmc commented
        Editing a comment
        June 15th was the date that education requirements needed to be met by.

• Just finished the Phase 2 assessment. I thought the study guide from ICE was a pretty good representation of the test difficulty. The writing skills test was maybe a little harder than I expected.

For those curious, here are the special agent minimum PT standards. These come from the FAQ guide from this announcement, and I see no mention of age/gender adjustment:

The PFT consists of four individual timed events, performed correctly, in the order listed below, with no more
      than 5 minutes between exercises, and requires a minimum score for each:
      1. 32 sit-ups in 1 minute or less.
      2. 220-yard sprint in 47.73 seconds or less.
      3. 22 push-ups in 1 minute of less.
      4. 1.5-mile run in 14 minutes 25 seconds or less.

Comment

• RetiredVet19
        RetiredVet19 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a standard Cooper Institute test procedure, not sure about the scoring, but the Cooper Institute does have scoring based on age and gender.

• J***77,

I remember seeing this very early on in this application process when I was filling out yes or no questions online.

It asked me if a start date of June 15, 2022 would work for me.

I specifically remember this, because I looked at my wife at the time and said “Well if this happens, it’s going to be happening really fast.”

Buy, who knows…

Comment

• cmor5150
        cmor5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be awesome but will most likely vary due to everyone’s background investigation being different

• I just found what I was talking about, and it looks like I am making a pretty large inference.

During the initial assessment portion of the application process online, it asks if as a candidate, you will have completed or possess certain skills or education by June 15, 2022 as a deadline.

With the fact that the initial timetable they put out on the posting showing all interviews and phase 3 being completed by May 27, 2022, one could infer they are using this date on June because they plan on moving forward at this time with the next phase of the application process.

So not an EOD date, that’s my bad. Just maybe the next “threshold” date.

Comment

• The latest HSI guide literally has like 4 questions to practice lol.

Comment

• Does anyone know if Phase II is pass/fail or do they take the top scores?

Comment

• jazz77 this is from the FAQ guide:

The hiring process for entry-level Criminal Investigators requires applicants to complete and pass three phases
            of assessments, detailed below, which are designed to identify the applicants best suited for the role.

After each phase, applicants will be provided assessment results (passing/not passing) via email; passing
            applicants are automatically advanced to the next phase. Applicants earning passing scores on all Phase I and II
            assessments and the Phase III structured interview will be placed into a pool for further review/consideration for
            the Criminal Investigator position and notified regarding next steps

Note: depending on timelines, minimum qualification reviews (verifying specialized experience and/or
            education) may not be conducted until after Phase II is complete; therefore, it’s possible to be found ineligible
            after the successful completion of Phases I and II. Due to this, it’s important to ensure résumés are detailed and
            all required documents are uploaded with the application. For example, if applicant names or names of
            institutions are cut off from scanned copies of transcripts, they cannot be used for qualification purposes and the
            applicant would be found ineligible (see section 5.1).

Comment

• Took the assessment yesterday and not bad. It wasn't any harder than the other special agent exams I've taken, however, there were more questions per section (or at least it felt like that lol); so time management is key (skip the ones that are making your brain melt and tackle the easy ones first). Best of luck to all!

Comment

• Eastcoasttfo
                Eastcoasttfo commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I fully agree with your comment about difficulty and time management. It’s not harder than other assessments but the number of questions caught me off guard and gave me a little trouble.

• Blueman143
                Blueman143 commented
                Editing a comment
                battlewagon - Math was almost nonexistent to be honest; some mixed in here and there, but nothing to sweat about.

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the update on the math, I'll use that info to inform friends taking the test now and in the future.

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the update on the math, I'll use that info to inform friends taking the test now and in the future.

• Originally posted by DoubleHaul View Post
              jazz77 this is from the FAQ guide:

The hiring process for entry-level Criminal Investigators requires applicants to complete and pass three phases
              of assessments, detailed below, which are designed to identify the applicants best suited for the role.

After each phase, applicants will be provided assessment results (passing/not passing) via email; passing
              applicants are automatically advanced to the next phase. Applicants earning passing scores on all Phase I and II
              assessments and the Phase III structured interview will be placed into a pool for further review/consideration for
              the Criminal Investigator position and notified regarding next steps

Note: depending on timelines, minimum qualification reviews (verifying specialized experience and/or
              education) may not be conducted until after Phase II is complete; therefore, it’s possible to be found ineligible
              after the successful completion of Phases I and II. Due to this, it’s important to ensure résumés are detailed and
              all required documents are uploaded with the application. For example, if applicant names or names of
              institutions are cut off from scanned copies of transcripts, they cannot be used for qualification purposes and the
              applicant would be found ineligible (see section 5.1).
              Thanks. I've looked over the job listing so many times! I'm not sure how I missed that.

Comment

• Hello everyone. I take phase II on Thursday… I feel like with these type of tests, there’s not much to prepare for. This will hopefully be 2nd 1811 process I go through. I made to hiring panel with NCIS and it fell through. Completely testing, interview, drug, polygraph and background. Was definitely frustrating. For HSI, I put Charlotte, Philadelphia and Tampa. All east coast!

anyone know for the PFT? If you have 1, 2, etc. attempts or how does that work? Seems not bad. Even if you started training after taking phase III. Also, when does PFT occur? Before or after poly? I’ve seen both!

Look forward to the responses!

Comment

• Just finished phase 2 test. Did anyone receive results right away ? Or should I assume it’s like phase 1? Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2351 users online. 155 members and 2196 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X