300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hsi 2022

This is another email that I go this morning from my internship coordinator, for reference I was a Student Volunteer for HSI Tucson last semester. This is from a SA that has been sent to HQ for assignment so he knows what he's talking about.

Entry level HSI 1811 GS-7/9 announcement to be released on Tuesday, February 15th. It will be open to everyone (not just female-only or DHS-only). It will not be direct hire authority as that’s still pending approval by OPM since last year. They do not have all of the announcement details but they should know in the next week or two and I will update as I learn.

They believe all SAC offices will be available to be chosen from, but that could change based off the need of the agency. They don’t know what time it will be released and are hoping it’s not a midnight EST one again (like last year). They do not know the number of applicants they hope to hire, but believe it will be a large group. They will prioritize again into best qualified and qualified groups. Depending on the number of best qualified applicants who make it through testing, it will determine if they open up testing to the second group. Which last year, they opened up it up to the second group. If you failed an assessment last year, then you are ineligible to apply for this announcement due to the time restrictions, which I still hear varying answers of 1 or 2 years. Regardless, it can’t hurt to apply and let HR review and determine your eligibility. It’s unknown if they will offer current college students the ability to apply. Last announcement stated if you anticipate graduating college with your Bachelor’s degree within 3 months. Again, they should have more answers to these questions in the next week or two and I’ll update everyone.

***They are bringing back the self-assessment questionnaire to determine the best qualified list. Which on a side note in Congress, a bipartisan bill was introduced to eliminate these questionnaires as part of a sweeping reform to federal hiring to require technical assessments. They did mention there will be changes to the questionnaire, which may include less law enforcement specific questions, not sure. My advice is to read each question carefully and don’t sell yourself short. Many of these questions can apply to school or a part-time job if you think about them. If it asks “were you the affiant on a search warrant” then that’s pretty specific. But if it asks “did you evaluate facts and make a recommendation to management”, then that could apply to anyone. Or if it asks you about experience with “surveillance”. It doesn’t mean it has to be following someone around in a vehicle. You could work shop prevention at Target and surveil people. So just keep an open mind with these questions and answer them to the best of your experience.

Additional info:
    • The Forensic Accountant position will be a GS-12/13

Also, I recommend to apply to this upcoming announcement even if you are still in the process from last year’s announcement. You can be in multiple announcements at a time. Once you’re hired, you will automatically be removed from the remaining announcements. If you fail an assessment, it could go against the other announcement if it’s within the one year period (again it could be two years). You may also be exempt from testing if your passing score was within one year. I was told that, but I’m not exactly sure if they will do that.

Regardless, if you pass all of the assessments from last year, there is a possibility you will not be hired as they always have more applicants than open positions. Or they decide to stop pulling from that 2021 list and move onto the 2022 list. Or maybe you need to withdraw due to personal reasons. So it’s always good to keep applying until you’re hired.

Comment

Anyone can make recommendations to management, however, holding a position where your job description states or requires you to do so, is very different.

Surveillance as a Target employee, does not equate to, nor qualify your experience to the hypothetical scenarios.

All of your questionnaire responses will always be confirmed with your resume, which is always confirmed by previous employers and coworkers.

Compile a resume true to your experience, and more importantly experiences that can be verified.

Good luck to you in your process.

Comment

Awesome, hopefully they go through with it this time. Been waiting to reapply since 2019, resume is locked and loaded for this go around lol.

Comment

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, I had to do a total makeover of my resume because the one I had was not cutting it. I used the FBI Template and used their prescribed advices, hopefully this is it for us lol.

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, my resume is much more fleshed out in the last 3-4 years than it was, and I waited til the 11th hour to apply that last round. This time, I’ll be first in line and ready to rock. HSI is probably the agency I’d love to be apart of the most outside of the Marshals Service. Good luck to you my friend!

Thanks for the info, I'll have to work on my resume for next week

Comment

FYSA, Just to corroborate the info already posted, I received a separate notice of this announcement pending as well from a source close to me. Advice I was given is HSI’s announcements cap out their qualified applicant pool very quickly, so set your alerts on USAjobs and get your name in the ring as soon as humanly possible to ensure the best possible chance at advancing in the process. Good luck to all intending to apply.

Comment

Got this email today, another postponement.

All, I was just notified that the HSI entry level announcement will NOT be released on February 15th. This is due to HSI adding a second announcement that they want to released together. Now there will be an announcement for SAC San Juan, Puerto Rico for applicants who are fluent in Spanish and then the main announcement for the remaining 29 SAC offices around the country. No new date….I anticipate though it won’t be too long, but maybe into March. I’ll let you know once I hear.

Comment

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Feel like FBI is the only one with an efficient process. You're usually doing something every month until the background, and even then you get email updates. Makes no sense why other agencies can't do things that way.

• Grey De Leon
              Grey De Leon commented
              Editing a comment
              Sheridan1 that’s because the FBI is the Army/Navy of the DOJ massive budget and staffing. The other agencies don’t have the staff for that kind of recruitment also FBI had their own training center.

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't feel like thats the main thing. FBI does have more of a budget, but they also hundreds more agents and attrition they have to account for every year compared to other agencies. Other agencies are way smaller and have less agents/hiring to do, so they don't need the same level of recruiting resources. They need need to combine steps together or just have a cap on number of people they get in the process. The only other one that I see is somewhat streamlined is USSS, but it seems its hit or miss since some people finish in 6 months and others wait over a year. I think thats the only other agency that can be somewhat fast

• Springsteen
              Springsteen commented
              Editing a comment
              Any chance they change the policy on waiting two years after a failed assessment?

That HSI badge is HOT

Comment

The new announcement will be posted February 22, 2022. Two announcements will be posted simultaneously HSI San Juan and all other locations will be posted separately.

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
                Stay Salty VB commented
                Editing a comment
                Another week ain’t bad, I can live with that

• dark321
                dark321 commented
                Editing a comment
                Is San Juan spanish only? and since they are seperate announcements does that mean you can apply both?

Originally posted by Beenaroundtheblk View Post
              The new announcement will be posted February 22, 2022. Two announcements will be posted simultaneously HSI San Juan and all other locations will be posted separately.
              Thanks god!, hopefully no more delays lol

Comment

Any indication if the ERO announcement was delayed as well?

Comment

What up with SFLR

Comment

• battlewagon
                    battlewagon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you're asking as a non-HSI SA, forget the SFLR exists and be willing to take your initial duty hire location and be cool with living there 5-7 minimum.

If you're a current SA, well, you already know the answer :'(
                    Last edited by battlewagon; 02-18-2022, 08:26 PM.

Chief of Staff at HSI posted this earlier on LinkedIn:

Spread the word!!! Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) is #hiring the next generation of Special Agents at the GS-7/9 level! Our workforce of 10,200, includes over 6,800+ Special Agents assigned to more than 220 domestic field offices and 86 foreign offices in 54 countries…a broad mission, impactful work and believe me, never a dull moment. Who’s ready?

Look for the announcement to go live in the coming days on USA jobs.
                  Excellent entry level opportunity for anyone who wants to become an 1811, especially for those who want to fight global wildlife trafficking:

Tracing DNA of related elephants reveals illegal ivory trafficking networks - CNN (ampproject.org)
                  A gentleman is someone who knows how to play the accordian, but doesn't.

Comment

• Page
                    Page commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Are there certain locations to apply for that are more specialized in the wildlife trafficking investigations?

• battlewagon
                    battlewagon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Would likely be locations where the illicit wildlife or animal product (ivory, shark fin, etc) are coming in. Lots of tiger and cat snuggling in south Texas from example that no one really seems to talk about or pursue.

• Ratatatat
                    Ratatatat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "cat snuggling in south Texas"

This seems to be a big problem, and not just in Texas:

https://www.catster.com/lifestyle/ca...snuggle-cuddle

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
                  Chief of Staff at HSI posted this earlier on LinkedIn:

Excellent entry level opportunity for anyone who wants to become an 1811, especially for those who want to fight global wildlife trafficking:

Tracing DNA of related elephants reveals illegal ivory trafficking networks - CNN (ampproject.org)
                  Can’t tell how sarcastic you’re actually being there but the sheer diversity of cases HSI gets to work sounds cool, even if that particular line of investigation does nothing to excite me lol. Been doing fugitive work for quite some time and while it is a total blast, it’s very linear and I wouldn’t mind expanding my knowledge base. I’d definitely love to work my way into gangs or a BEST group for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay Salty VB View Post

Can’t tell how sarcastic you’re actually being there
                    No sarcasm intended. Just showing how HSI is taking the lead on international wildlife trafficking, while the fleecing of the American taxpayer known as FWS OLE is relegated to obsolete irrelevancy.
                    A gentleman is someone who knows how to play the accordian, but doesn't.

Comment

• Shadowtrain
                      Shadowtrain commented
                      Editing a comment
                      HSI has been eating everyone's lunch when the various agencies are taking a back seat approach.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2073 users online. 163 members and 1910 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X