300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 ATF 1811 GL7-9 Announcement

Atf just posted the next entry level announcement. Good luck!

https://www.usajobs.gov/job/632240700

Recent graduate announcement coming on the 31 as well, I’m applying to both.

Comment

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did this already close?

• 2B18-11
      2B18-11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chicks406 yes

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn! I tried to apply to the other one and missed it as well. Thanks!

Are you eligible to reapply if you just got the thanks but no thanks from the announcement a couple months ago?

Comment

• wantstobeaSA
      wantstobeaSA commented
      Editing a comment
      Reapply to everything. Make sure you improve your resume each time lol

Originally posted by Stay Salty VB View Post
    Are you eligible to reapply if you just got the thanks but no thanks from the announcement a couple months ago?
    Yes.

Comment

Just gave it another go. Maybe I'll get a different outcome this time around. Good luck to everyone.

Out of curiosity, anyone care to speculate as to why ATF posted another entry level announcement so soon after the last one in October?

Comment

• SCSO3456
        SCSO3456 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told there was a problem with the last opening. Out of 2500 applicants only 50-100 made it past the application.

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        I can believe that after talking with some of my fellow rejects in the last group. Lot of experience and qualifications got shot down arbitrarily before even taking the assessments.

• smokeybear83
        smokeybear83 commented
        Editing a comment
        ^ Exactly. Hopefully it's different for us this time around!

• tlaughlin
        tlaughlin commented
        Editing a comment
        @SCSO3456
        I received an email saying there were 60 people from the VA/MD/DC area who were taking the PT test from the previous announcement.

As with many other if not all other 1811 positions this Special Agent position requires the mobility agreement. Are there any current or previous ATF Special Agents with knowledge on how frequently you are moved around with ATF? Is this position like the FBI or DEA and require duty station moves for Agent professional development? And if anyone else has any insight on this please join in! Appears to be a solid agency, mission, listed geographic locations and career growth with ATF. Thanks

Comment

• SDM8492
        SDM8492 commented
        Editing a comment
        Former ATF employee (IOI) here who had to sign a mobility agreement as well when I hired on. We had an 1811 in my office who had spent his entire 17 year career in the same field office and this was not an unusual occurrence.

From my observations of all the 1811s and 1801s who PCS'd (paid government move) it was because they accepted a promotion or broadening assignment (RAC/Group Supervisor, CFI, CES, SRT, K9, Intel, etc.) which required a move to fulfill a vacancy.

For my time at ATF I did not ever hear of any forced or unexpected moves in all of OFO-West or of the Bureau invoking the mobility agreement to make someone move that didn't want too.
        Last edited by SDM8492; 01-27-2022, 07:51 AM. Reason: Spelling

• dom_v
        dom_v commented
        Editing a comment
        During the information session the employees mentioned that moves are not as common in the ATF as other agencies. In fact they said a lot of agents come from other agencies to the ATF so they can settle down in one location. Promotions being a exception.

Threw my name in the hat. Current 1811 looking to lateral.

Comment

Alright, back in the pool. Feel like a glutton for punishment after just getting the heart break from the last announcement recently lol.

Comment

• dom_v
          dom_v commented
          Editing a comment
          i feel the same way with getting a BQA letter from Secret Service, but the worst that can happen is you waste a little time and they say no right.

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, exactly. I’m at the point in my life I’m really comfortable at my current local agency, so if I try and flunk out, no worries. But would hate to wait til I age out and wonder what if.

I went ahead and applied for both the Recent Graduate 1811 vacancy as well as the GS 7-9 1811 vacancy. Hopeful to move forward in at least one of them. Good luck to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by JA95 View Post
          I went ahead and applied for both the Recent Graduate 1811 vacancy as well as the GS 7-9 1811 vacancy. Hopeful to move forward in at least one of them. Good luck to you all.
          Same, I’ll be extremely happy to even get the GL-5 as a recent graduate.

Comment

• FishRepairs
            FishRepairs commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm curious if you've seen any timelines of the ATF hiring process? I'm sure its not as fast as the Secret Service but is it as long as CBP?

• Grey De Leon
            Grey De Leon commented
            Editing a comment
            FishRepairs If you check out some of the other ATF announcements on this forum timeline is roughly 18 months to 2 years. Some waiting on class dates from 2019. I'd say longer than CBP by quite a bit, but it's been a while since I've chatted with anyone whose in that process,

Anyone hear anything yet from the announcement?

Comment

• Grey De Leon
            Grey De Leon commented
            Editing a comment
            yankeeman319 and Coldwater just repeating what these two have said, most if not all of 2019 applicants are in FLETC right now. A handful of 2020 went in December, the next wave of 2020 FO should be rolling in the next month or so. Be patient this is right up there with USMS as one of the longer hiring processes.

• Abaddon
            Abaddon commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the information and advice everyone, I didn't realize it was as long as the Marshals Service which I am trying to apply for as well. I guess I'll look for another job in the meantime to get experience.

• Grey De Leon
            Grey De Leon commented
            Editing a comment
            Abaddon I've talked to several USMS Deputies and ATF Agents, both love the job and say they get mostly 1811 from other agencies rarely ones that leave their agency. Speaks volumes regarding the job.

• Abaddon
            Abaddon commented
            Editing a comment
            Grey De Leon absolutely everyone I have talked to says that ATF and USMS are the best jobs out there. So I'll keep working towards both agencies.

Just got eligibility email.

Comment

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same looks like I was referred for gl7 but not for 9. Weird since HSI and dea both said I’m good for 9…

• Datemike
            Datemike commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I was also referred for 7 but not 9 and I have a masters. Oh well, I’ll take what I can get.

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed I’ll take a 5 I have the gi bill

Eligible as a 7. Don’t have a degree so didn’t expect 9 to begin with. Just happy I get to move along this process unlike last time. Hope others are hearing good news today as well.

Comment

I got ineligible for the recent grad for GL5 and ineligible for GL5 or 7 for the other announcement because I didn't get a passing score on the questionnaire. I don't get why.
            Good luck to everyone else!

Comment

Revived ineligible for both 7 and 9. 4 years in LE and a bachelors with SAA. Kinda bummed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3626 users online. 230 members and 3396 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X