Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 months since I formally applied/took written tests. Hopefully no news is good news?

Comment

Got the email Notice of Referral for GL 7 today. Now more waiting.

Comment

• LightRoast
        LightRoast commented
        Editing a comment
        CardsfanAZ we're in a similar position. I’m also a GS07(mid step) in a non leo (1802), but work for an investigative agency. I was a fed contractor for five years and have been in for almost three, but would say to anyone out there it doesn’t make it any easier to move around if you become a fed. In my experience, I’ve transferred once and it took me 9 mos after applying, two phone interviews and accepting. Background was quick for me because I was already in the system. Im trying to make one final jump to get the full promotional potential and 20 year retirement, but it is not easy.

• CardsfanAZ
        CardsfanAZ commented
        Editing a comment
        LightRoast We’re in the same boat. I was a fed contractor for several years and been with the Gov 2.5 years. I’m am also in a 1802 grade that goes to GS8. I fully agree, deff doesn’t make it easier to move around but the only perk is being able to apply to internal hire openings and having that SF50 helps. I’m am deff glad I made the jump though. The LE benefits are deff why I’m pursuing these type of jobs.

• User8385
        User8385 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was only referred for GL 5.. I'm a current cop for 4 years with a bachelors degree. Weird. Do you know if we will receive test results back?

• SterlingCooper
        SterlingCooper commented
        Editing a comment
        Current LEO with 6+ years of experience and Master's degree. Only referred for level 5 and not 7. Will they re evaluate that later in the process ?

I got my referral as well, where do they decide your interview location? I’m moving at the end of May so I’m wondering how if I should change my address on USA jobs now or what because it would be a pain to have to travel all the way back here if my interview comes after my move. What do you guys think?

Comment

• Jrod26
        Jrod26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Before COVID, most of the interviews took place at a centralized location such as Arlington, Virginia, or Dallas, Texas. The interviews back then consisted of a face-to-face panel interview. Since COVID, (most times) HRD has directed applicants to drive to their nearest district office to conduct their interviews via Skype.

In any case, HRD will reach out to give you one of the two options.
        Last edited by Jrod26; 04-22-2022, 06:24 PM.

• Calvinist_1988
        Calvinist_1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t heard of an interview being conducted via Skype but that would be very helpful for many candidates. I know they’ve recently started conducting virtual info sessions. My recent face to face interview was in one of the places listed by the comment above. I would contact USMS HR to update your location and see if they’re willing to work with you. If I was a betting man, though, it’s most likely you will have to fly to Dallas or Arlington for the interview.

• TonySoprano
        TonySoprano commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ll actually be within driving distance of Arlington once I move so that would be good news for me if my interview was there lol I was more concerned with having to go all the way back to where I went to my info session, didn’t realize they do them regionally.

Anyone that interviewed recently fill out a preference sheet, or does that happen later on in the process?

Comment

• Jdeloatch
        Jdeloatch commented
        Editing a comment
        Had my interview today and did not complete a preference sheet.

• Calvinist_1988
        Calvinist_1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interviewed recently and no preference sheet. When I interviewed for a previous USMS announcement under schedule A, there was a preference sheet. I’m unsure if they did away with the preference sheet altogether under schedule B. It seems they will put candidates in the region they conducted their info session. However, it is technically a nationwide announcement.

• TonySoprano
        TonySoprano commented
        Editing a comment
        Edit: My bad you said region I thought you meant the district you interviewed in. Ooops. Still though do you have a source for that?
        Last edited by TonySoprano; 04-28-2022, 01:52 PM.

Just wanted to clear up some bad information I've seen posted here about USMS not hiring at a higher step than GL-7/1. If you have prior federal government service, you are absolutely eligible to come in at a higher step based on your prior service. This is done during the onboarding process, so current and former feds should make sure they are advocating for the highest step possible when negotiating a final offer. I confirmed this with USMS human resources today.

Comment

• LightRoast
        LightRoast commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy, thanks for the info. Based on how long some of the processes have been for some folks on here, I’m not sure I’ll have that opportunity based on my age, but that’s good to know. My agency didn’t allow any negotiating when I transferred.

Just did information session yesterday I'm from Ohio they said 12-18 months to be hired wont hold my breath for that timeline.

Comment

• Nola504
        Nola504 commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL to 12-18 months. Not going to happen

• Horton
        Horton commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you do the info session at? I’m from Ohio and had to go to Knoxville on April 1st because the recruiter from northern Ohio said they didn’t have any sessions planned.

• TommyIV
        TommyIV commented
        Editing a comment
        My information session was virtual

The info session email advised us to move on in the recruitment process we have to complete the info session and “survey”. I didn’t get a survey at all. Can anyone enlighten me on that? Thanks

Comment

• TommyIV
        TommyIV commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking the same thing I haven't received anything either

Yea I hope we didn’t miss something. I even waited till the end the video just ended with no survey so I hope that was it…

Comment

Will we receive our actual results for the written? I also was only referred for GL 5. I'm a current local LE with 4 years and a bachelor, any reason why?

Comment

• Watex
          Watex commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I’ve heard people aren’t explaining their experience in law enforcement well enough thus only qualifying for GL 5. I have 8 years local LE and no degree and qualified for 7.

• Calvinist_1988
          Calvinist_1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never got the results of my written tests. If you pass you simply move on to the next phase.

I was referred for GL-7 on a previous USMS announcement. 3 years later I applied again and got referred as a GL-5, despite having MORE experience than before. I don't know what criteria OPM uses to distinguish grade levels of candidates but it seems to be at the discretion of the initial hiring staff.

• TonySoprano
          TonySoprano commented
          Editing a comment
          Weird. I’m a vet with a degree and no LEO experience but I got GL07

I just took the info session now I am waiting for the application can somebody share some insight on the process is there an actual written test and I am a non vet do I have a shot for employment? I was always told the marshal preface veterans.

Comment

• Octavianus
          Octavianus commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man, welcome to the forum. Most likely you will receive an invitation to apply on usajobs. Once you receive that link, apply and do not share that link with anyone. There is an assessment you will have to complete and pass to continue on the process. Check usmarshals.gov/careers/prep_guide.pdf for a study guide provided by them. If you pass the assessment, you will have an interview and if you pass the interview you will receive a conditional letter and join the rest of us on suffering in this long process

Thanks man I appreciate it so it’s an actual test assessment it’s not like a questionnaire about you personally it’s more of a written test? I’m not super worried about that I have passed most of those tests except for the most recent special agent with state department.

Comment

• Octavianus
          Octavianus commented
          Editing a comment
          Its an actual assessment. Check the link I gave you from the official prep guide and you will see how it is. And yes you have a chance being a non vet, but they do get preference.

Has anyone from the PHX info session heard anything since the assessment?

Comment

• Kennywc
          Kennywc commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome, was just making sure I didn’t get a silent boot.

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          good to know I'm not the only one either lol

• TonySoprano
          TonySoprano commented
          Editing a comment
          I was a jan info session and got my referral last month so you guys should be getting yours soon. They seem to be pretty consistent with the wait times between parts of the process

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool thanks for the info Tony

If anyone know any upcoming info sessions in the north east please let me know via PM or on here! thanks and to all best of luck in this crazy long process

Comment

If you’re already scheduled for the interview and/or you’ve completed it, do you need to do another info session if the first one was more than a year ago? I registered in a second one just in case. And does passing a Secret SSBI Clearance (for FPS) help at all in the process?

Comment

• BK4448
            BK4448 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just one session is enough. Your SSBI with the SS would most likely transfer over, so you wouldn't need to complete a new background. I guarantee you will finish the SS hiring process long before USMS, so you probably shouldn't worry about it lol.

• calbraz
            calbraz commented
            Editing a comment
            BK4448 Sorry I should have clarified. I’m not in the process for USSS. I passed the Single Scope Background Investigation w/ Secret for Federal Protective Service. I EOD with them later this year.

Just received referral for GL-5, from the PHX session.

Comment

• IroqouisB
            IroqouisB commented
            Editing a comment
            Same. PHX session. Got the “eligible and referred” for GL-5/7.

Cheers! Here’s to more waiting! (Which I’ll gladly do).

• Kennywc
            Kennywc commented
            Editing a comment
            Show off. Lol, cheers to the wait.

• Abaddon
            Abaddon commented
            Editing a comment
            Same, got referred for 5 and 7 from the Phoenix session. This is great news for us

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2265 users online. 128 members and 2137 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X