Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 days out from being eligible to participate in hiring drives... anyone have any intel on upcoming info sessions on the east coast?

Comment

If anybody is willing to come to the west coast, I'd contact the San Diego office. I just attended their info session last week, they held a few sessions that week. We had someone who flew in from Florida in my group as well. Doesn't hurt to reach out.

Comment

• AKcop23
        AKcop23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Acorrding to HQ, you can only attend a information session for the district you live in or go to college in. It sucks for me since I know that the district I live in is extremley small and is most likely not going to hold an information session anytime soon. I wish I could fly in to somewhere else for an information session but all the distriicts I reach out to refuse to put me on their list since I dont live in their district.

• jamesch20
        jamesch20 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I definitely think they need to clarify if people can attend an info session outside their districts. They asked the group how many people had to fly in, about half the class raised their hands.

• LightRoast
        LightRoast commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve been interested in the marshals for a long time, but have slightly forgot about them over time because I stopped seeing postings for deputy on USAjobs.

I called HQ in December and received a VM to reach out to a generic hiring email, who then told me to reach out to a district recruiter, like you all have been doing. I’ve contacted the LA based (central CA) recruiting e-mail twice in the beginning of March and haven’t received any response. Did you all receive prompt responses, or did it take a bit of time?

• jamesch20
        jamesch20 commented
        Editing a comment
        LightRoast Some districts are slower than others in responding to emails. Usually the first response is a generic email, that asks for your info to be put on the session list. Once that happens it's a waiting game. The problem is there isn't any clarification if you can reach out to districts outside your area to attend an info session. Reach out to whoever will respond first and get your name on their list.

I attended an info session in mid Feb 2022 in Phoenix, AZ. Have not received an invite to apply or any other correspondence from the USMS (still pretty early). After reading the hiring timelines I’m assuming due to the covid backlog from 2020 it’s probably going to be an even longer process. Being a current Fed employee I understand the term “Gov. Speed” the Marshals kept saying at the session. Also, they stated they’re around a handful of employees in HR that have to process these apps. A co-worker of mine just returned from FLETC an stated that the Marshals are having new academy classes starting every month with around 25 recruits per class. I’m hoping this process is faster with covid now on the back burner.

Comment

• Watex
        Watex commented
        Editing a comment
        2-3 months between each step and 3-6 months between interview and TOL.

• Abaddon
        Abaddon commented
        Editing a comment
        Attend a session in phoenix and February as well, at least I know I'm not the only one lol

I’ve notice peoples timelines are different. Some have to do the oral
      board before they get the link to formally apply or assessments etc. I’m just glad OPM doesn’t screen the applicants under schedule B.
      Last edited by CardsfanAZ; 03-17-2022, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Abaddon have you heard or received anything from Phx Session?

Comment

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          No, I haven't heard anything yet. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Abaddon Cool, I’ll do the same.

Comment

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          sounds good.

• Kennywc
          Kennywc commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you guys get them email this morning. I also attended one of the Feb. info sessions.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Kennywc what was the e-mail?

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          Kennywc Yes I got it this morning. Checkmate an email saying within the next few days they'll send a link to apply.

Yes, this morning.

Comment

• jamesch20
          jamesch20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same got the email this morning, attended my session in San Diego.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          What e-mail?

Can someone copy/paste the email, or at least describe it?
        USMS Schedule B 2020

Oct20 Info Session
        Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
        Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
        Jan21 Referred for GL-5
        Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
        Mar21 TOL Received
        Jun21 Medical Accomplished (delay due to COVID vaccine)
        Aug21 Background Investigation reciprocated
        Feb22 Request for additional medical info
        Mar22 Medical Cleared
        Jun22 FIT (PASS)

Comment

• calbraz
          calbraz commented
          Editing a comment
          I see they used your AMO clearance? Currently in a TS Background for FPS. If a clearance is recently completed, will USMS accept it?

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          To expedite the hiring process, the USMS has decided to offer recruits who have recently attended an information session the opportunity to apply to a USAJOBS hiring announcement provided by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). OPM will contact you directly via the email address you provided to the USMS during the recruitment process. You will receive a private link to apply directly to this hiring announcement.

It was a precursor to the assessment email. Just a heads up etc

Comment

It was basically an email notifying those who attended the information session that a link to apply will be sent in a few days and obviously don't share the link when you get it. I attended an information session in PHX in late Feb. 2022. This has honestly been quicker than expected.
          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• Abaddon
            Abaddon commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad there are some of us who went to the Phoenix sessions so we can all wait in suspense together lol

• IroqouisB
            IroqouisB commented
            Editing a comment
            Just completed my assessment. I’m prepared to wait months before getting my NOR. The unicorn pace of speed this process has been going for me has to stop at some point. I’m sure you remember the DUSM telling us the process will be 2 years long, most likely.

• Abaddon
            Abaddon commented
            Editing a comment
            One Deputy there kept saying it would only be 8-12 months which I was surprised. I am expecting up to three years though like others on here.

• IroqouisB
            IroqouisB commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember someone optimistically mentioning under a year. I think there are numerous variables. Such as, your prior LEO's who are also 10-point veterans might jump ahead of the line, and also those who are willing to accept ANY field office. Something that I feel will throw a wrench in our progression is the backlog of the 2019-2020 candidates who were sidelined due to COVID. Remember, the most important thing is to make sure you pass that FIT! Remember the story of that dude who got like two tries before shipping out and he kept failing... Don't want to be that guy...

I’m a Dec 2021 info session, took my test in Feb and received a email today for interview. I live in MD and drove to NY for my information session.

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            FedMe How are you doing in the MD process?

• FedMe
            FedMe commented
            Editing a comment
            1RidgeRunner7 Applied on the announcement on Feb 28th and did the test shortly after. USA Jobs shows still reviewing applications status.

• 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            FedMe Just wondering, since you mentioned MD District. Haven't seen much chatter of the MD District. I applied and took the test 10 days before you. Thank you.

• Jdeloatch
            Jdeloatch commented
            Editing a comment
            I was just trying to get in the pipeline so I was willing to travel.

Has anyone who attended a January info session received an invitation to interview?
          Last edited by Datemike; 03-28-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• TonySoprano
            TonySoprano commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, I was a late Jan information session, took my exams a couple weeks later, still haven't heard back yet

• Datemike
            Datemike commented
            Editing a comment
            Same, I was at a session the last week of January, took online assessment in February. I was just curious because I saw some who attended December sessions were getting interview invites.

Any of y’all who went to a January info session hear back yet from taking the written tests? I took mine in feb, should hopefully be hearing about an interview soon if I passed.

Also, I’m moving out of state next month. Do I just update my USAJOBS profile with my new address and stuff?

Comment

• Datemike
            Datemike commented
            Editing a comment
            Not yet. Same timeline as you

Just sent an email out to a few close offices. Anyone know of any info sessions in the Midwest ? Looking to hopefully get the process started.

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
            Stay Salty VB commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck….I think Oklahoma has been hiring a lot but east coast has been radio silence for months now so I’m out of the loop.

• Jdeloatch
            Jdeloatch commented
            Editing a comment
            N Oklahoma, Tulsa, received email they are going have some coming up soon.

• TommyIV
            TommyIV commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in Ohio I was told in the upcoming months a month ago

• jamesch20
            jamesch20 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're able to travel reach out to California offices

East and Central Regions, unsure what district tho

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2759 users online. 202 members and 2557 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X