300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonySoprano View Post
    FYI I’m hearing from the recruiter in my area that the process is 18mo - 2yrs right now
    Do you have any contacts within the Service? Reason I ask is it's my understanding that once you're cleared for hire districts can poach you which makes the process quicker. I remember reading on here about someone who was a local PD on a Marshal task force and he was hired within a year.

Comment

• NorthLions308
      NorthLions308 commented
      Editing a comment
      All on a case by case basis….

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      TFO’s definitely get preferential treatment and are “assertively recruited” because their backgrounds are already cleared and some other things, so they get to fly through the process most of the time.

Originally posted by Watex View Post

Do you have any contacts within the Service? Reason I ask is it's my understanding that once you're cleared for hire districts can poach you which makes the process quicker. I remember reading on here about someone who was a local PD on a Marshal task force and he was hired within a year.
    The 18 month estimate was what the DUSMs were told at my info session that’s all I got. To be honest it’s absolutely insane some of the people I’ve talked to have been cleared for hire for 2 full years and still haven’t gotten an academy date. It’s certainly not encouraging seeing people who went to informational sessions in 2019 still in the same boat. I understand why with Covid and everything but it’s frustrating nonetheless.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      3 years in July from my info session…. Cleared for hire for a year now.

• Watex
      Watex commented
      Editing a comment
      Donjuan, do you mind sharing your qualifications and if you have met with any offices?

• Zbaibyu
      Zbaibyu commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it’s super infuriating reading all these experiences of people being in the process for so long…the only glimmer of hope I have is the obvious chaotic last 2 years being a reason and at my information session in November, the marshals there insisted this was the best time to become a marshal due to everything/retirements ect…I won’t take their word right now lol.. anyways
      Info session 11-21
      Invited to apply/assessment 12/10/21
      NOR 2/4/22

Anybody from a January info session get their link to apply yet?

Comment

• Craig_USMS
      Craig_USMS commented
      Editing a comment
      Negative ghost rider

• FedMe
      FedMe commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, just got my invite today.

Message deleted…
    Last edited by Craig_USMS; 02-16-2022, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I got an email for the info session in San Diego the week of the 28th. Anyone else be there?

Comment

• Henyo
        Henyo commented
        Editing a comment
        28th of this month?

Henyo

Yep, next Monday. Will you be there?

Comment

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        I attended one back in January. I submitted my application, and now I'm waiting to hear back from USMS.

• Henyo
        Henyo commented
        Editing a comment
        No, just in the area for vacation that day so I did a hail mary and emailed them. Been on the list in PNW for some months with no movement.

Anthropologist It has taken that long since submitting your application?? Geez! That seems wildly long. Have you tried to follow up at all?

Comment

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        It's only been around three weeks. I figured that is probably normal for USMS. I've grown accustomed to waiting with federal applications over the years. After another week or two I'll probably reach out and ask about my status.

I got an email from my local recruiter about sending my information onto the recruitment/ hiring branch for the NW Region.. but nothing else.

Comment

Anthropologist For some reason I was thinking January 2021 haha. Ok that isn't too long. Gives me hope!

Comment

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, that would be a very long time to wait just for confirmation of referral.

Attended an information session. Harsh reality is, we'll be waiting a minimum of 1-2 years for this process. Apparently, dudes have been getting canned after passing everything, because they fail their FIT test prior to going to the academy. I guess it's been happening a lot. LOL.
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

Originally posted by IroqouisB View Post
          Attended an information session. Harsh reality is, we'll be waiting a minimum of 1-2 years for this process. Apparently, dudes have been getting canned after passing everything, because they fail their FIT test prior to going to the academy. I guess it's been happening a lot. LOL.
          not surprising, with the COVID backlog you have guys who started in 2019 STILL waiting for final FIT, if you don't stay on top of your fitness, it will slip very easily.

Comment

• FedMe
            FedMe commented
            Editing a comment
            Positive way to think is you have plenty of time to get into beast mode if you are borderline on the fitness side of things.

It's been a few days after emailing my local region for recruiting information, but I have yet to receive a response. How long did it take you guys to hear back?

Comment

• DSApplicant
            DSApplicant commented
            Editing a comment
            For me it only took a couple days to hear back from a recruiter, then a week or so before I got information on the session I attended.

• Insatiable
            Insatiable commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I appreciate it that.

• FedMe
            FedMe commented
            Editing a comment
            Another data point, emailed my district December, got a reply right after New Years, then info session end of January. Application invite Febuary.

• Insatiable
            Insatiable commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome, thanks! Hopefully I hear a reply here in the near future.

Hello, when you guys emailed your regional district office for information how did you phrase your email? Did you essentially just ask to be added to the informational session list?

Comment

• Datemike
            Datemike commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct, mine was very succinct with contact information.

• FedMe
            FedMe commented
            Editing a comment
            Short and to the point asking to be added to the next info session. I also mentioned where I lived as it seems others have indicated some Districts will only invite those actually living in the District.

Anyone here attend any Phoenix information sessions?

Comment

• IroqouisB
            IroqouisB commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Back in late February.

• Abaddon
            Abaddon commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool, I went to one in mid February and was wondering if anyone has heard anything back but the last info session was this week so probably not for a while

I took the assessment 2/25/22. What’s the timeline for hearing back on next steps?

Comment

• Zbaibyu
            Zbaibyu commented
            Editing a comment
            I got my referral little under 2months after the assessment, nothing since

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2742 users online. 202 members and 2540 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X