300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ebbo1227 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone, do anyone know when the next opening to apply on usajobs will be?

I think there are no job opening right now becahse i have been looking and searching for about a week now and it kept sending me to usajobs and there are no USMS Agent job opening there.

Thank you.
    I've emailed my local office (Massachusetts) 3x times throughout this year - January, early Summer, and a couple of weeks ago. Have not received a reply from them so I'm not sure what to do at this point regarding an Information Session. I share you confusion and frustration friend.

Comment

• jamesch20
      jamesch20 commented
      Editing a comment
      KalKid55, if I were you I'd reach out to several districts within your state or nearby to get invited to an info session. Regarding the no response, I've heard they will not be hosting anymore info sessions until the new FY which starts in October. Someone I know received a response from a recruiter saying they would have to wait until info sessions start again in October.

• CMJE257
      CMJE257 commented
      Editing a comment
      Email providence, RI if you're in Boston. The recruiters are great

• Thank you guys for the information. I really appreciate it

Comment

• Morning All,

I received an e-mail today from recruiting. For FY22 Q3 VIRTUAL--they are looking to conduct interviews in my region in January or February......

Comment

• FloridaDeputy11b
        FloridaDeputy11b commented
        Editing a comment
        Same. I'm in NC and they told me Feb/Mar.
        Last edited by FloridaDeputy11b; 09-30-2022, 07:42 PM.

01010101 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the same email

• jbondurant11
        jbondurant11 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the same email!

• Fiveoh7
        Fiveoh7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, I got this same email. I’m excited for the interview to come up here soon! I’m in the race with two different fed agencies but I’m hoping this process speeds up a little after the interview

• Hope to hear something soon
      Last edited by deaguilar87; 10-05-2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Got an email today saying that HR has received all my documents and will proceed with preemployment processes Anyone else hear anything recently?

Comment

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          Kennywc I was hoping some of the others from our session would have heard something by now too

• Kennywc
          Kennywc commented
          Editing a comment
          You’re one of the chosen ones, go forth and do great things. Lol

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          haha it feels that way, it's so strange how the process works but I am very grateful

• deaguilar87
          deaguilar87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats !!! That’s awesome process seemed to move along rapidly for you !

• Here is my updated timeline:

January 2022 -Info Session(Syracuse NY) along with assesments

February - NOR GL5

March - Invite to structured interview

May - Structured Interview(passed)

August - TOL recieved

September - e-qip submitted, fingerprints completed, interview with BI

October - medical scheduled.
        Last edited by MJQ1992; 10-02-2022, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Romeo1
          Romeo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is the eqip just an electronic sf86?

• TOL received, info session PHX, February.

Comment

• Abaddon
          Abaddon commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome congratulations!

• Anyone that interviewed in April in Maine receive anything besides pass/fail yet?

Comment

• Serdv
          Serdv commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope I even reached out to HR and was told to continue waiting

• jackson101
          jackson101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, TOL in August sent in re

• jackson101
          jackson101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Received TOL from that same interview in August and finished filling out new hire documents but still waiting on Medical and Background to be scheduled. Email the USMS HR and see what's going on they usually reply within the same day.

• Is anyone a federal LEO? If you are how are you looking at the pay cut, for me its like 70k. It will take me about 4-5 years to remake what I am now.

Comment

• DJ4113
          DJ4113 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s what I’m currently looking at as well. I’m trying to find out if you were only offered a GL-5 but have enough experience and the resume for a GL-7, are you able to negotiate it up to the 7 once you receive your TOL? I know they won’t go higher than a GL7-10 but I’m currently a GS-12 and was told I only qualified for the 5. I just received my TOL for a GL-5 but can’t get an answer on this question.

• Pirateslayer75
          Pirateslayer75 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya I was offered a 5. I couldn't negotiate for a 7.

• For those who have done the eqip, is it just an electronic sf86 or is there more to it? If it’s just an electronic sf86 I can have an old copy ready and just transcribe that Info into eqip

Comment

• IroqouisB
          IroqouisB commented
          Editing a comment
          Everything is digital.

• notpolitical
          notpolitical commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have ever done one for a prior clearance, the server will have it there when you sign in. You will essentially need to add from where that last investigation was. There will also be some attachments at some point but I do not think they are until the end when you are ready to certify and submit.

• Romeo1
          Romeo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Attachments for what?

• notpolitical
          notpolitical commented
          Editing a comment
          OF-306 and DOJ/USMS specific documents they will ask you to digitally sign and submit them.

• Just reached out to the USMS and this is what they stated:

Thank you for the email. You are on our list of tentative offers that need to be issued. You should expect to receive the offer within the next few months if not sooner. Thank you for your interest in the USMS

Comment

• CMJE257
          CMJE257 commented
          Editing a comment
          They told me the exact thing in august, hoping we get the actual TOL soon

• ArthurMorgan
          ArthurMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, feels like meh just waiting.

• deaguilar87
          deaguilar87 commented
          Editing a comment
          waiting game
          Last edited by deaguilar87; 10-05-2022, 10:09 AM.

• jamesch20
          jamesch20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are any of you guys vets? That may have something to do with it I've been told.

• Originally posted by Pirateslayer75 View Post
        Is anyone a federal LEO? If you are how are you looking at the pay cut, for me its like 70k. It will take me about 4-5 years to remake what I am now.
        Roughly the same at about 74K, its a tough decision let alone road to take. Dependent on your step, take into account the 1 to 2 step increases you'll potentially lose in those 4-5 years. over the span of 4 years I'm looking at 176K minus any OT worked and 4 years lost. For what its worth though, financially once you get your 11 you get LEAP so the loss of pay isn't as substantial unlike your first 2 years. If you can take the hit financially, its worth it.

Comment

• jamesch20
          jamesch20 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm currently with ICE, the paycut is worth it for me. Plus I'm single with no kids, I can pick up and move anywhere although I'd like to stay in the Southwest region. There has been word that the director wants to do away with the 0082 job series I've heard. This essentially could mean more money for newer deputies coming in. We shall see.
          Last edited by jamesch20; 10-13-2022, 09:36 PM.

• Walle
          Walle commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the same boat, the pay cut is gonna hurt initially but I look at it this way, eat ramen for two years so you can eat filet mignon for the rest of it.

• If you were only offered a GL-5 but have enough experience and the resume for a GL-7, are you able to negotiate it up to the 7 once you receive your TOL? I know they won’t go higher than a GL7-10 but I’m currently a GS-12 and was told I only qualified for the 5.
        Last edited by DJ4113; 10-06-2022, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• Walle
          Walle commented
          Editing a comment
          no harm in asking, worse they can do is say no. I would look at your resume, that's what they use to decide your starting grade.

• Originally posted by jamesch20 View Post
        Are any of you guys vets? That may have something to do with it I've been told.
        I’m a vet, with a BA been waiting for a bit. I saw someone that is straight out of college that got zoomed through the process. Forget if it was here or Reddit. Not saying vets should get privileges, just find the process odd and random

Comment

• Zbaibyu
          Zbaibyu commented
          Editing a comment
          True, very random. I am not a vet…although 5 years federal and no degree, yet I got a TOL in august, interviewed April Portland as well

• deaguilar87
          deaguilar87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Random and strange is correct! ........
          Last edited by deaguilar87; 10-10-2022, 03:48 PM.

• January 2022 Info Session, CRW
        7/25 Interview
        9/28 TOL
        10/7 Docs received

Best of luck to everyone else that’s also trying to hurry-up and wait!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1612 users online. 119 members and 1493 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X