Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will USMS take an equip/BI that was done a year ago for another agency?

Comment

• Current Update on my timeline
      Info: Nov 2021
      Assessment: Dec 2021
      Assessment results: Feb 2022
      Interview schedule: March 2022
      Interview: April 2022
      TOL Received: Aug 2022
      Prior Service Military+Degree

Comment

• Zbaibyu
        Zbaibyu commented
        Editing a comment
        Boston info session?

• Zbaibyu Yeah Boston and Interviewed in Maine.

Comment

• Zbaibyu if you go to your application on USAjobs and check the status, it’ll take you to the USMS application portal which has copies of emails, status etc…

Comment

• Zbaibyu
        Zbaibyu commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah got it wasn’t sure what you meant thanks!

• What is the average timeline from info session to final offer?

Comment

• jamesch20
        jamesch20 commented
        Editing a comment
        There's no clear answer for that. They say it's 12-18 months but I know some who applied in 2019 and they just received academy spot this year. Expect at least a year and a half but prepare for longer.

• I currently was info session in Feb in dc and did interview in July . I got the email saying I passed and waiting on TOL.

Comment

• DJGRAMBO
        DJGRAMBO commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did it take for them to get your interview after you passed the test?

• Walle
        Walle commented
        Editing a comment
        same here.

• 1RidgeRunner7
        1RidgeRunner7 commented
        Editing a comment
        The paper I was given after my interview said 12-18 months after you received a TOL. That is when the process begins.

• Hello all, i am considering throwing my name in the hat to have more applications out there, but have a couple questions. From reading this forum I don't see anything about a Poly ? Also i read that they do not offer LEAP as a GS5/ GS7, is this correct? That's crazy to relocate and only make Gs5 pay potentially is why i ask.
      Last edited by dom_v; 08-25-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• IroqouisB
        IroqouisB commented
        Editing a comment
        No poly. USMS does not rely on the Stone Age magic box.

• MVDEASAA2019
        MVDEASAA2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        You wont get LEAP until you transition from 0082 to 1811. But you are authorized overtime while 0082.

• dom_v
        dom_v commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok Thanks Sounds good with no Poly. I'm about to leave for deployment in a few weeks, but once i get back ill be emailing the local recruiter.

• jaymart
        jaymart commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, starting at 5/7 doesn’t necessarily mean you start at step 1. Experience and background will be taken into account and you will be placed at a higher step accordingly. There is also locality pay.

• Not sure I understood well what Badger99 said but I believe you don’t have to wait one year as GS11 to get leap but as soon as you hit GS11 you convert to an 1811 with leap. For instance once you’re hired as 0082-7 after you complete one year you start as 0082-9 and after one year you become GS-11 1811 with leap. So 2 years if you start as 7 and 3 years if you start as 5.

Comment

• notpolitical
        notpolitical commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct...

• Henyo
        Henyo commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you know if time at academy starts that clock or after graduation?

• notpolitical
        notpolitical commented
        Editing a comment
        TIme in Grade starts your first day.

• Is it true that USMS is looking to hire 800-1000 more Deputies?

Comment

• notpolitical
        notpolitical commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Supposedly there was/is approval for new positions that never existed before, but also there is supposed to be a large number of retirements over the next 18+ months..

• Any word on upcoming info sessions?

Comment

• Has anyone from a 2022 info session receive a TOL yet? Just curious

Comment

• nmc
          nmc commented
          Editing a comment
          I recieved tol about 3 weeks ago....info session was january nyc, interviewed in Virginia in april

• Kennywc
          Kennywc commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds great, thanks and congrats

• ArthurMorgan
          ArthurMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          I went to a Jan info session, and May Interview...nothing yet.

• 1RidgeRunner7
          1RidgeRunner7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing yet. I did my interview late July and received the NOR < 7 days later. The paper I was given after the interview said 4-5 for a TOL.

• Hi guys!

New to the forum but figured this was a good source of information. I just attended a virtual info session (not sure which region as I was in the pool for a couple I think) and received the invite to apply. Applied and got recommended for GL-5, awaiting my interview scheduling at this point.

My question is about districts/location. How does all that work? I know obviously you sign a mobility agreement and you can be assigned anywhere in the US per the website... but how does it really work? I know you get assigned to a specific district and location before attending the academy... so do you get a wish list on where you'd prefer to work? At what point in the hiring process would you get those options and know where you're going to be assigned? Is there any way to have a higher possibility of ending up in a certain area? Or has anyone heard where they're pulling most people to?

If yall could just give me some insight I'd appreciate it because yall are actually in the process or have gone through it recently. It's much appreciated!

Background: 5 year LA cop, current Army NG on orders in North Carolina, no degree

Comment

• jamesch20
          jamesch20 commented
          Editing a comment
          We were told as far a location they will try to keep you in the region you attended your info session and interview, not guaranteed but that's what we were told. Not sure how it works for virtual sessions.

• smokeybear83
          smokeybear83 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was going to say I don't know what "region" my virtual session was in lol. Do they schedule interviews based on your current location?

• jamesch20
          jamesch20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Which office did you email to get invited to the info session?

• smokeybear83
          smokeybear83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vegas. Would like to go back to the midwest though, money goes farther haha

• Hey guys want to get clarification on something . Does this mean that for someone that is 39 without military / Leo experience .. there may be a possibility of being recruited based on if a certain location is in need of a Deputy Marshal?

 Waiver to the maximum age limit - Exceptions to the maximum entry age will only be granted in cases of especially qualified individuals; shortage of highly qualified applicants for specific LEO positions (includes shortages in certain geographic areas); situations where tentative selectees for law enforcement positions have passed the maximum entry age due to unavoidable or unexpectedly lengthy clearance or processing requirements; or for other similarly compelling reasons.

Comment

• jamesch20
          jamesch20 commented
          Editing a comment
          What are your qualifications since you don't have military or LE experience? The cutoff age is 37.

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          I expect probably language skills and extensive regional knowledge and residence. I can't think of too many other areas other than possibly engineering, medical or technical expertise...or aviation. Isn't USMS Excepted Service? They can probably hire for almost any reason that fills mission and recruitment requirements.

• notpolitical
          notpolitical commented
          Editing a comment
          From what i remember, it is excepted service until you make GS-11 and then it is converted to Competitive. Ive been trying to figure out if those who come in and are already Career/Permanent lose their status or not..

• Originally posted by jamesch20 View Post
        What are your qualifications since you don't have military or LE experience? The cutoff age is 37.

hey buddy I’m currently in border patrol as a processing coordinator.. and carry a doctorate degree. I’m just hoping there’s a chance

Comment

• Originally posted by thefoot12 View Post

hey buddy I’m currently in border patrol as a processing coordinator.. and carry a doctorate degree. I’m just hoping there’s a chance
          Dude go for it, worst case scenario you get told no but it never hurts to attend an info session and start the process and see what they say. There was a guy who was 37 in my session, just keep in mind you’ll have to probably take a pay cut to come into the USMS.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1704 users online. 136 members and 1568 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X