Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am in the same boat. Interviewed in May, got the email saying I passed 7/21, still not TOL yet. If they email you back please share.

Originally posted by jackson101 View Post
    Same thing happened with a friend and I interviewed the same week in April and both notified we passed but he received his TOL last week. Going to wait out this week or email OPM.

Comment

• jackson101
      jackson101 commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed OPM and HRD they just said I was on the list for TOL's to be sent but that was over a month ago still silence.

• Kennywc
      Kennywc commented
      Editing a comment
      jackson101 what did you ask them?

• ArthurMorgan
      ArthurMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      I got that same email on 21 JUL. Still haven't received anything else yet.

• So, has anyone else from the May application/ assessment group heard anything back from OPM? Last email I got from them was that we were going to receive the NOR emails. I know we are all curious to know if we passed the assessment. So, if anyone has heard anything please share?

Comment

• jgonz
      jgonz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I got my NOR late last night. Referred for GL -5/ 7

• So I am in the July/August 2022 assessment period, the USA Jobs site was down for about a good two weeks. Therefore, are assessment was pushed back to the first week of August. This could be why you guys have not seen anything yet. It’s possible there systems where down during that time.

Comment

• Was* Our* excuse the Grammatical errors.

Comment

• For everyone that attended the May/June information session and assessment, check your email I just received an email that I passed and got referred to the hiring manager.

Comment

• smokeybear83
          smokeybear83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just received the same

• Sb2475
          Sb2475 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I was referred as well. Nice work!

• I just got notice that i failed my assessment how often do they hiring events

Comment

• From the May/June info session, I was almost a hundred percent sure I failed the assessment. But I just received an email stating that I passed and have been referred to the hiring manager for GL-0082-5 and GL-0082-7

Comment

• Jake611
            Jake611 commented
            Editing a comment
            when can i reapply

• Jake611 I believe I've seen it on this thread or the other USMS ones, that you must wait at least one year to retake the test.

Comment

• Well, I am out. I guess becoming a us deputy marshal isn’t something I will see in this life time. Later guys and good luck to all future deputy marshals.

Comment

• Just got the email I wouldn’t be referred.
              • GL-0082-7; You are ineligible for this series/specialty/grade combination because you do not meet the minimum qualifications of this position.
              I assume I failed the assessment, because I have a degree, military (with 10 points), and solid professional experience.

surprised I failed the assessment, because I usually crush stuff like that. All seemed pretty common sense.

Comment

• Romeo1
                Romeo1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m not sure if you applied for gl5 also but if you didn’t, that could be the reason you didn’t get referred. The recruiter for our office clearly stated to apply for both positions even if you’re sure you qualify for 7 because weird stuff happens and if you don’t apply for both, if you’re denied 7 (and still qualified for 5), you automatically get disqualified for both. So if that’s the case, you can probably try again in a year and make sure you apply for both, good luck

• SA_Jim_Lahey
                SA_Jim_Lahey commented
                Editing a comment
                Then that was why. I only applied for 7, as I wont accept a 5. Missed that little detail. What ev’s. I wont accept a 7, either. It would be a pay cut from my current position, and applied as a back up to a back up.
                Last edited by SA_Jim_Lahey; 08-17-2022, 02:19 PM.

• Kennywc just if they had any updates because they said they were sending my TOL soon and asked for my transcripts.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything about the USMS hiring laterals at the GS-11, 12, or 13 levels?

Also, the USMS website indicates "annualization of within-grade increases to the GS-13 Step 5 journeyman level". Does anyone know if this means that DUSMs will top out at Step 5, instead of Step 10 for other agencies? Page 7 of this document: https://www.justice.gov/doj/page/file/1246911/download

Comment

• notpolitical
                  notpolitical commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What you are inquiring about in reference to the 13-5 journeyman level, i believe, is when they were finally given Journeyman level 13. USMS was journeyman level GS-12 until not too long ago.. I think that is more of them saying 13-5 is the highest they would bump someone from 12 step whatever once the journeyman level officially went to 13.. 10 steps is a OPM thing; agencies do not really have the option to stop you at any one step since they are based off of your years of service..

• atois408
                  atois408 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is correct. DUSMs can step out like everyone else. And no, as of right now, they do not take anyone on higher than a 7/10; as far as I know. I’m currently an 11/5 and the best they can do is bring me in at a stepped out GS7.

• Quo Vadis
                  Quo Vadis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks everyone. USSS being in dire need is nothing new, but I doubt if they get many lateral applicants.

That makes sense about the 13-5 vs 13-10.

If you come from another agency and the USMS brings you on as a 7/10, that's as an 0082 without LEAP until you hit GS-11 a couple years later, correct?

• notpolitical
                  notpolitical commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Correct. Those who have come from other agencies are stepped out until they've returned to the Grade and step they were previously.

• Hello! I’ve went through the process with a few other agencies and always appreciated being able to follow along here with other applicants. I wanted to finally return the favor here this time.

August 16, 2022: NOR GL 5 & 7

Comment

• Hey guys. Just starting this process. My current timeline is as follows:

Information Session - 06/29/2022
                  Invitation to apply on USAJOBS - 08/05/2022
                  Application (applied for GS5&7) and Assessment completed - 08/06/2022

Have not received NOR yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• smokeybear83
                    smokeybear83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You won’t receive any word on NOR for several months. I did info session in May, applied online end of May/start of June and just got a NOR this week.

• FloridaDeputy11b
                    FloridaDeputy11b commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ooof thanks so much. Guess I'm confusing my timeline with everyone else's. Thank you.

• smokeybear83
                    smokeybear83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s the federal world for you, hurry up and wait lol

• Info session: Feb 2022
                  Online Assessment: March 2022
                  Assessment results and referral: April 2022
                  email to schedule interview: June 2022
                  Interview: June 2022
                  Courtesy notice of passing the interview: 2 days after the interview

10 point veteran/current federal LE

Comment

• TonySoprano
                    TonySoprano commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty similar to me.

Info: Feb 2022
                    Assessment: March 2022
                    Assessment results: April 2022
                    Interview schedule: June 2022
                    Interview: July 2022
                    Notification of passing interview: July 2022 (1 week after)

Non LEO/10Pt Veteran w/crim B.A.

01010101 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How many days was it for you two between your NOR and request to schedule an interview?

• TonySoprano
                    TonySoprano commented
                    Editing a comment
                    01010101 For me it was just under 2 months between the referral and the notice to schedule the interview

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1619 users online. 113 members and 1506 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X