Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATF Special Agent GL 7-9 Posting (Oct 2021)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lfreezy
    Forum Member
    Lfreezy

Thank you for the info

Comment

Does anyone know how much time there is between the written test and the fitness test? I'm taking the written tomorrow but still probably need a bit of time on the fitness test.

Comment

• lunatico86
        lunatico86
        State cop
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not a veteran and I was invited to test.

• 2B18-11
        2B18-11
        Forum Member
        2B18-11 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m even more confused now.
        lunatico86
        State cop
        lunatico86

• Sheriff33
        Sheriff33
        Forum Member
        Sheriff33 commented
        Editing a comment
        QUOTE "This most recent announcement for the ATF stated that the position is an excepted service Schedule B appointment. Does your statement mean that you believe those of us who haven’t received a link to schedule an assessment haven’t received it because we aren’t vets?"

No I wasn't implying you didn't receive an assessment invite because you weren't a vet, I was just speaking in general that when looking for positions, look for schedule B/excepted service positions, if you're not a vet. Those are your best shots at getting in. Many agencies are switching to schedule B so they can pick who they want.

I'm a federal LEO now in an office of maybe 60 other LEO's. I can think of three that were vets. My agency is excepted service.

As far as the ATF I am not a vet and I am in the process.

• 2B18-11
        2B18-11
        Forum Member
        2B18-11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sheriff33
        Forum Member
        Sheriff33, thanks for the clarification.

Were there any guidelines about attire for taking the test ?

Comment

• David65
        David65
        Forum Member
        David65 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took mine at a remote testing site and sat between a little kid taking a reading test and a construction worker taking an OSHA test. They do not care.

• kvasir
        kvasir
        Forum Member
        kvasir commented
        Editing a comment
        The five times you will "dress up" in the process. 1) For the panel interview 2) For the polygraph because your future is in their hands 3) First day of CITP 4) Graduating day of CITP/First day of SABT 5) Graduation from SABT... You will likely have a courtroom testifying block in CITP and/or SABT that will require it too.

• Blueman143
        Blueman143
        Forum Member
        Blueman143 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys for the info.

I still have yet to receive any sort of correspondence either. Strange, but I’m trying to hold with the no news is good news POV for now.

Comment

• kvasir
        kvasir
        Forum Member
        kvasir commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be location dependent. You could try contacting the recruiter for the Division you selected or there e-mail: [email protected]

• Stay Salty VB
        Stay Salty VB
        Forum Member
        Stay Salty VB commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, last email I received instructed to wait 45 days before contacting the agency/OPM. Hasn’t even been 30 so I’m not quite stressing yet. Just trying to keep up to date with other people that haven’t heard anything either.

• ETX1811Hopeful
        ETX1811Hopeful
        Forum Member
        ETX1811Hopeful commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, my email stated 45 days as well (received on Nov. 12). Hopefully hear something by the end of the calendar year. Good luck to all!

• m.otero16
        m.otero16
        Forum Member
        m.otero16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, same here. I have not received anything besides the November 12 email.

That test was rough I am pretty sure I did not pass that one. But good luck to whoever takes it.

Comment

• steelman87
        steelman87
        Forum Member
        steelman87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Which part was most difficult?

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie
        Forum Member
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        Just the way the math was worded threw me off big time.

• lunatico86
        lunatico86
        State cop
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree that some of the math questions were worded in a weird way and sort of threw me off. Definitely the hardest part, although not necessarily hard outside of the confusing wording.

• Treybey
        Treybey
        Forum Member
        Treybey commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m with you, not easy at all. Significantly harder than USSS.

Can someone explain the GS steps? I am expecting to come in at a GS 7. Would I then increase a step each year ?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything as far testing? Passing or failing? Would tell immediately you failed after completing the test?

Comment

Are there still others waiting for an assessment invite?

Comment

• smokeybear83
          smokeybear83
          Forum Member
          smokeybear83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Still waiting, only received the app received email and the one updating the application review deadline (12/27). At this point I doubt I get an invite but there’s still another week left.

• Stay Salty VB
          Stay Salty VB
          Forum Member
          Stay Salty VB commented
          Editing a comment
          Still waiting as well. I’m certain if we were out of the running, we would have received a negative email by now advising us thanks but no thanks.

• smokeybear83
          smokeybear83
          Forum Member
          smokeybear83 commented
          Editing a comment
          They’re saving the best for last, right?! That’s what I’ll keep hoping lol

Originally posted by 2B18-11 View Post
        Are there still others waiting for an assessment invite?
        I got an invite on November 22nd and took the test on November 30th. I still haven't gotten my results though.

Comment

I just received my results. How long do I have until the PTT test? How much time is there typically between the written and the PTT?
          lunatico86
          State cop
          Last edited by lunatico86; 12-17-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• kvasir
            kvasir
            Forum Member
            kvasir commented
            Editing a comment
            Couple weeks or so. However, with this being the holiday season and the new year, I would bet it takes a little longer to get things arranged.

• Fed4Life0101
            Fed4Life0101
            Forum Member
            Fed4Life0101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same. I don’t know the way the email was worded sounds like the PT test could literally be after the holidays or 2023. Budget seems to be playing a big factor. Pres. Biden and his staff are pro gun control so I’d expect ATF to have a decent budget.

For those of you who took the assessment, check your email for results. Just recently received the email.

Comment

Check your e-mail. At least one waive of Entrance Exam results were sent out today for the last testing period ending December 7th.

Comment

Damn I didn’t even received an email to take a test, I’m guessing I’m disqualified then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bidstar View Post
              Damn I didn’t even received an email to take a test, I’m guessing I’m disqualified then.
              Same. I don’t see any reason why I would be. I feel like there are many others who haven’t heard anything yet either. I believe the 27th is that 45 day mark to inquire.

Comment

Just for data purposes, has anyone received a negative email as of yet? I know many of us are still waiting for an assessment invite, but keep in mind, not necessarily everyone will take the same assessments according to the email.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3748 users online. 239 members and 3509 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X