Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATF Special Agent GL 7-9 Posting (Oct 2021)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF Special Agent GL 7-9 Posting (Oct 2021)

Hello all.

I got a link for the new ATF Special Agent posting, which was put up today.

Thought I would share it with you all for those considering the position. Cutoff is 3,000 applications, and the application itself seems to be a bit involved.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615614900

Additionally, there is a requirement to upload the OF-306, which I found online. Current or former employees can chime in on whether or not this is the correct form.

https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf

Good luck!

Originally posted by qsheroz01 View Post
    Hello all.

I got a link for the new ATF Special Agent posting, which was put up today.

Thought I would share it with you all for those considering the position. Cutoff is 3,000 applications, and the application itself seems to be a bit involved.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615614900

Additionally, there is a requirement to upload the OF-306, which I found online. Current or former employees can chime in on whether or not this is the correct form.

https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf

Good luck!
    Yup.
    That’s the form.

Good luck!

Comment

One of the questions was messed up so got me worried: I think it’s #62? Asks a yes or no but the follow up question doesn’t correspond with the correct answer (looks like they forgot to remove a question, and it’s missing words in the sentence) hopefully I answered it correctly as it’s confusing.

Comment

Somebody did not check their work on this questionnaire before posting. The questions and possible answers don't match.

Comment

Why is the announcement not searchable on USAjobs?

Comment

Do you need to attend an info session?

Comment

• Yak
            Yak
            Forum Member
            Yak commented
            Editing a comment
            No. I attended one because I was already signed up for one, but I was informed I no longer needed to attend if I didn't want to as it is no longer required to apply. During the info session one of the gentleman putting it on stated that they are getting away from the mandatory info sessions and trying to get to public announcements to reach a broader audience. They felt by doing what they were and how the US Marshals operate they were missing out on a wide pool of talent. So for the time being you'll have to periodically check their website for job openings under "View current Special Agent job openings."

Threw my name in the hat, I'm not expecting anything but let's see where it goes.

Comment

Curious if all 95 locations have vacancies and if location preference even matters. Sucks we were limited to only three locations I’d basically go anywhere for this position.

Comment

• 9L81
              9L81
              Forum Member
              9L81 commented
              Editing a comment
              Then I assume you put in for at least one of the near impossible to fill locations.

• kvasir
              kvasir
              Forum Member
              kvasir commented
              Editing a comment
              In the past the way it's worked is that you are presented a new list of available field offices at the physical fitness test and interview board. In the pats it was ranking your top 6 locations. At the end of it all, the SACs from various field divisions basically have a fantasy football draft. They call out your name and the SACs decide whether they want you based on your location preferences and if a specific division is referring you for Schedule B. I wouldn't be surprised if you are presented a new list containing more locations further on in the process.

If it’s not searchable and not open to the general public, am I even able to apply for it?

EDIT: disregard, I see that it’s posted on their site for applicants to find now. Awesome, been waiting for this for a while. Good luck everyone.
            Stay Salty VB
            Forum Member
            Last edited by Stay Salty VB; 10-04-2021, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Application is in, there’s definitely some errors on the lengthy (and very redundant) questionnaire so read carefully. Again, good luck to all.

Comment

I'm in as well. I have completed the hiring process with another agency but timing may be an issue. This looks to be a great back-up plan. Good luck to all!

Comment

Man there are way too many polygraph related questions in that assessment lol

Do all agencies share poly info? It even said something about detrimental information being used against us or something!?(is that beyond purposes for employment)

Comment

• Yak
                    Yak
                    Forum Member
                    Yak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The info session I just attended they said to cut back on polys and speed up the process for some they are reciprocating polys from other agencies, that's probably why. He did say that he has no idea from which agencies though, they weren't given clear guidance on that. And it had to be relatively recently, within the last year or two.

• Checkmate
                    Checkmate
                    Forum Member
                    Checkmate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was recently contacted to schedule the polygraph. They asked if I had a poly with a different agency within the past 5 years in efforts for reciprocity.

They should move toward getting rid of that test.

Comment

Crazy that this announcement stayed open the whole time and they didn’t get 3k applicants.. let’s hope this process goes quickly now, really don’t want to wait 2 years for a job. As much as usss would be rough they know what their doing with their 4-6 month hiring process

Comment

• Grey De Leon
                    Grey De Leon
                    Forum Member
                    Grey De Leon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sheridan1
                    Forum Member
                    Sheridan1 a quick google search will show you that USSS has 2K+ more employees and $1B more in their annual budget than ATF. Also for those with a portal account they post the COVID/Vaccine mandate policy.

• Stay Salty VB
                    Stay Salty VB
                    Forum Member
                    Stay Salty VB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    USSS also has probably triple the turnover rate and are usually cycling people through constantly. You get more efficient at hiring if you’re hiring year round. It is probably not a bad sign for us interested applicants that the pool won’t be maxed out for this announcement, but don’t expect it to be a 6 month process. Hell when I got on with my local agency 10 years ago even that was a year long process. LEO jobs aren’t quick to jump into.

• Sheridan1
                    Sheridan1
                    Forum Member
                    Sheridan1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ATF and USSS don't have a huge gap in the number of employees they have. A big chunk of that extra money is for all the mandatory overtime USSS does and the turnover rate. They probably have to be more efficient because of the high turnover to get employees in, but I don't think that excuses other agencies for taking 1.5-2 years for one cycle of applicants. It shows they can up the speed if they really want to, it's just not required like the USSS so they don't have to.

• DocHolidayFan
                    DocHolidayFan
                    Forum Member
                    DocHolidayFan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've been in the USSS process for 13 months now. Ever since taking poly in March, my process went from fast to super slow.

Originally posted by cmor5150 View Post
                  Crazy that this announcement stayed open the whole time and they didn’t get 3k applicants.. let’s hope this process goes quickly now, really don’t want to wait 2 years for a job. As much as usss would be rough they know what their doing with their 4-6 month hiring process
                  Applications are down everywhere I know of. I have experience in the firearms, alcohol, and tobacco industries so thought about putting in for the lateral announcement earlier this year as they have openings in the city I already work. But then I thought about what it would be like working for them...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4614 users online. 259 members and 4355 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X