300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiosity question for Federal LEO pay scales

I understand that currently being a GS-12 in the Federal government it will most likely allow me to move to the 1811 series as a GS-7 step 10 to match the pay scale for the series I am current employed.

My question is if this is true for other series like 1801 or 0083 or even the capitol police?

Originally posted by army_running View Post
    I understand that currently being a GS-12 in the Federal government it will most likely allow me to move to the 1811 series as a GS-7 step 10 to match the pay scale for the series I am current employed.

My question is if this is true for other series like 1801 or 0083 or even the capitol police?
    In my experience, I've found that many agencies will at least try to match your current government salary.
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Yes I think that was true of the 1811 series and other jobs. I was just curious since there was a larger gap in starting pay of 0083 for example if that was true.

For example NIH has a gs5/gs7 in my area would they or could they start me at GS7 step whatever to match?

Comment

Originally posted by army_running View Post
        Yes I think that was true of the 1811 series and other jobs. I was just curious since there was a larger gap in starting pay of 0083 for example if that was true.

For example NIH has a gs5/gs7 in my area would they or could they start me at GS7 step whatever to match?
        If there's a large gap that they can't match, I think they'll just make you a step 10 at the highest grade (5 or 7) you're eligible for.
        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4582 users online. 269 members and 4313 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X