300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Exam

Was just requested that I provide additional documentation for the medical review. Like most on here I'm a vet, so they want more paperwork. But it got me curious as well about something I haven't seen yet, does anyone ever get denied due to not clearing medical? I can't recall anyone posting on any of these forums about being booted out of the application process because they failed to pass the medical portion.

Originally posted by Yak View Post
    Was just requested that I provide additional documentation for the medical review. Like most on here I'm a vet, so they want more paperwork. But it got me curious as well about something I haven't seen yet, does anyone ever get denied due to not clearing medical? I can't recall anyone posting on any of these forums about being booted out of the application process because they failed to pass the medical portion.
    Yes, it happens...

Comment

Yes, lots of people get booted on the medical.

This is an injury prone job that in many states offers a very high paying and costly (for the employer) disability pension. In most states, if a preexisting injury is made worse by a new, on the job injury, the employer can be made liable to pay for your medical bills on that injury for the rest of you life. If that injury makes you permanent unable to perform just one of the critical physical tasks of your position, it may entitle you to a pension for the rest of your life, even if you were only on the job for one day.

This makes it incumbent upon the employer to ensure you do not have any medical conditions that would make you an unreasonable medical and financial risk for them.

You will hear phrases like Americans with Disabilities Act and Reasonable Accommodation bandied about as if they were magic passwords that automatically get exemptions from medical requirements and jobs for people with disabilities. They do not. Reasonable accommodations must be that - they must be "Reasonable". They cannot place an undue burden on the employer or create undue changes in operational procedures. Many such requests do and are denied as being unreasonable or as placing people at undue risk.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4942 users online. 314 members and 4628 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X