300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC roommate

Hate to make a thread just for this… but I heard my agency will be in the TAJ… and that we will be doubled up… can anyone give insight on how that works… do they let you pick your thunder buddy… or is it randomly assigned? Do they keep you paired with your agency? Anything y’all can give input on would be appreciated.

It will be someone from your class. No you don't pick.

Pro tip: if you have a loud snorer laying three feet from you, the little ear foamies from the firearms range tend to fall out. However, Publix sells silicone putty earplugs (pack of six for $3.96) which you can jam in your earholes every night.

Have fun he he...
    Quickness is the essence of war.

-Sun Tzu

Comment

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info!

Ear plugs and a sleep mask will be your friends.

Comment

Use a noise machine. Ocean waves, thunderstorms, rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx21 View Post
        Hate to make a thread just for this… but I heard my agency will be in the TAJ… and that we will be doubled up… can anyone give insight on how that works… do they let you pick your thunder buddy… or is it randomly assigned? Do they keep you paired with your agency? Anything y’all can give input on would be appreciated.
        It should go in alphabetical order. Unless you are at the end of the order, you should be with someone in your agency. They’ll give you a sheet that will tell you which bed, chair, etc is yours.

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Weird. My roomie when I was there in 2019 wasn't my alphabetical neighbor.

He was a ****ing snorer though. Even with ear plugs it was loud as ****. Whenever he'd get especially loud I would slap the headboard really loud to wake him up. Usually bought me enough time to get to sleep before he started up again.

Which agency?

Comment

You will not always be paired with someone from your agency or even class. You are supposed to be paired with someone from your agency and class, but as with all things fletc, be prepared for that not to be the case.

Comment

Drive there.

Sleep in vehicle, if need be.

Comment

When I was at FLETC, my room was about 300 yards from the G bar. Earplugs and a noise machine were game changers.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                Drive there.

Sleep in vehicle, if need be.
                In Georgia temps?

I think I'd prefer the room mate with sleep apnea, night terrors and a bedwetting problem.

Comment

Currently a state SA thinking to go IRS. Anyone care to share or know the pass/fail rate of FLETC? Or any comments on stress level?

I went through a police academy for my sworn position. The academy I went through was a typical police academy yell in your face which wasn't an issue except they pride themselves on failing people so we had a 50% pass rate.

Comment

• StickerShock
                    StickerShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Overall fail rate for CITP is really low and even lower for IRS. CITP is cake and not stressful at all. SAIT is moderately more stressful because you’ll have a lot more reading and homework to do. There’s no yelling in your face or any of that and they’re not trying to fail anyone. There’s a couple of threads with more info on IRS stuff on Federal Soup.

• Ratatatat
                    Ratatatat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CITP is not hard, at least not in comparison to a para-military academy however people do fail at a rate I would estimate at 1 out of 50, or 2%. And for whatever reason, like someone simply cannot conduct a proper body search or safely get handcuffs on. I was in a lateral class and an agent could not pass the firearms qual despite remedial training and every effort to improve his score. There has to be some standards and some people will never meet those, no matter what.

• Anthropologist
                    Anthropologist commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ratatatat There was a girl in my training (not CITP) who couldn't pass the handgun qualification - they spent extra and off duty hours, and gave her multiple attempts until she passed. Her hands couldn't properly manipulate the standard issue duty weapon.

• CoastalCop1811
                    CoastalCop1811 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was the same as you. If you're coming as an state SA you'll be fine. I cannot speak for the IRS add on, although I'm sure it's not too physically demanding.

Lots of uptp and cbp folks fail, cbp even gets an extra remedial on some things. Uptp can have half a class fail out on academic tests.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4529 users online. 308 members and 4221 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X