300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ETX1811Hopeful View Post
    Another Day, another 1811 posting. This one is for EPA and will close on 7/26. Good luck to all!

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607310100#
    It’s covered by LEAP.

Comment

Originally posted by ETX1811Hopeful View Post
      Another Day, another 1811 posting. This one is for EPA and will close on 7/26. Good luck to all!

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607310100#
      Applied for this lets see what happens

Comment

1811 for the Coast Guard just posted w/ 1 Vacancy in St. Petersburg, FL.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608335900

Comment

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          You're probably correct about the multiple hiring announcements. I'm a bit more hopeful about the recent EPA 1811 position - I'm happy to accept an entry-level position just to get into an 1811 position. Some of the locations are quite nice too.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, that seems promising. I put in for all the locations, most were good other than Kansas.

I also thought the HHS one would be a possibility too though. I was referred but not interviewed. I'm constantly reworking my resume in order to even get an interview. I'm at the point now where I'm going to pursue some accounting classes or other certifications to make myself more competitive.

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          I put in for all of the locations too. I'm willing to relocate to basically anywhere on the planet. lol. Same. I was actually considering getting another master's degree or at least taking more classes in a different field (not sure what though) to gain some extra skills and show more versatility.

You have a JD, right? I thought that I remember you mentioning that somewhere on the site.

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          Accounting or computer forensics might help for some of these positions, but who knows. It might just come down to random chance or the wording of our resumes.

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
        DaShwstoppahbk posted:

In all candor, mine would breakdown along these lines:

25% writing reports and affidavits
        15% reading 100 emails a day not germane to anything I was doing
        15% completing on-line training not germane to anything I was doing
        15% 1811 co-workers coming to my cubicle to gossip or complain
        10% interviews and surveillance
        10% enforcement operations
        10% fixing problems, i.e.- expired passwords, busted G-ride, endless radio and tech equip failures...

I would just like to note that this breakdown represents the day in the life of what appears to be a good fed cop. I know many who’s days seem to break down like this:

50% gossip/tattling to management
        25% breakfast/lunch
        15% screwing around
        10% administrative minutiae

Comment

• darkhorse6
          darkhorse6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Straight facts. They will also gossip doing the other tasks too lol.

2 available positions in Arizona for U.S. Pretrial Services Officer (1811, CL 27 Pay Grade). Phoenix and Tucson.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612048800

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I understand, those are good, very pro-LE districts to be in. It's described as an 1811 position, which isn't accurate, but probably the code that fits more than something like 0083.

Unclear if these positions are for pretrial bond reports or pretrial supervision. You want the latter, the former is just writing reports.

Im surprised no one has mentioned the EXTREMELY lucrative 0083 Police positions with the DoD. They have Sooo much room for advancement, and top-notch facilities

Just kidding

Comment

• darkhorse6
          darkhorse6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sarcasm level 1000

• MP-K-9
          MP-K-9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I would ad that some 0083 gigs are not to shabby. As in work days, location and actually what you do etc. Yes not the 6c, GL9 and what not but, In FL at the Cape now GS 7's with special salary rate pay not to bad of a gig. At least while you try to get on at another location you have plenty of time off and can handle things at the office.

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol I was thinking this dude can’t be for real until I read the bottom of the message hahah

• SJM247
          SJM247 commented
          Editing a comment
          I went in open-minded....but by the end of week one with DoN I was searching USAjobs.....and now im coming up on 2 years...

I will concede however that your experience may vary based on location.....that said, stay away from Navy Mid-Atlantic Region.
          Last edited by SJM247; 08-29-2021, 07:15 PM.

Special Agent (Grade 11) with the Tennessee Valley Authority, Direct Hire:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612575400

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I was hoping it was entry-level, but I see that they want a CITP cert and two years of federal LE experience. Anyone have info on TVA? I haven't heard much about that agency.

• Quo Vadis
          Quo Vadis commented
          Editing a comment
          Since this is a thread about the "best" fed LE jobs, I don't mind pointing out that the TVA OIG job is lacking in this following areas:

Promotion Potential 11 - Not on GS (Equivalent to 1811, GS-11)
          Excepted Service

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          TVA OIG is consistently ranked the number one place to work in the federal government as per the federal employee viewpoint survey. They're usually #1 and almost always in top five.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3359 users online. 207 members and 3152 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X