300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being a resident

I was wonder how much being a resident in the town/city you apply to become an officer matters through the hiring process. In my city i just took the test for i believe only 40 pasted the physical to go on to the next stage. Out of the 40 i think maybe like 5 or so actually live in the city(including me) Will me living in the city help me more even though i didnt do so hot on the tests?
    Last edited by NYCRJmajor914; 06-12-2007, 10:26 AM.

Resident

Originally posted by NYCRJmajor914 View Post
    I was wonder how much being a resident in the town/city you apply to become an officer matters through the hiring process. In my city i just took the test for i believe only 40 pasted the physical to go on to the next stage. Out of the 40 i think maybe like 5 or so actually live in the city(including me) Will me living in the city help me more even though i didnt do so hot on the tests?
    Many residency requirements have been relaxed over the years. That's not to say they don't exist in some areas/agencies. The key to being hired is how well you do on all phases of the examination process. Living in the city will usually not be helpful if you don't do well in the testing phase.

Comment

Everyone is different. Here in CA, most departments say you gotta be a resident of CA once you start work. So that means your first day on the job. Good luck!!

Comment

Are you talking about

Mt. Vernon?!?

If you dont mind me asking, what agency are your trying to get hired with? Send me a PM. I just got hired in Putnam Co. (Just North of Westchester) but I have many friends who work in various agencies in West. and could answer many of your questions! Goodluck

Comment

New Rochelle... they expected 160 ppl for the physical only 56 ppl showed up and out of that 56 only about 35 ppl passed and they are hiring 10 sooo thats about a 30% chance i have...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3441 users online. 158 members and 3283 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X