300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hhs oig 2021

Has anyone heard anything from this announcement recently? There was a thread but it has disappeared.

Unless you are an employee of the agency putting out the OIG announcement, the chances of getting hired are slim. I've applied to dozens of these OIG gigs and didn't get so much as an email back from 95% of them. The other 5% of them sent me the "not referred" email.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      This is generally the consensus here. I do know current OIG 1811s who are adamant that you can get hired without connections or prior 1811 experience. I have not had that kind of luck. I was referred for the HHS OIG job but never heard anything back. I would guess I've applied to a dozen of those jobs and have only made to the referral process once. That's with a law degree and direct experience doing warrants and indictments on state fraud cases.

I interviewed last week and received notification this week of the next steps in the process.

Background: 14 years law enforcement, Bachelor’s Degree and currently work at a MFCU as an investigator.

Comment

• Shadowtrain
      Shadowtrain commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! HHS loves grabbing prior MFCU's as the learning curve isn't too bad. Best of luck!

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you think having a CFE and white collar fraud experience would make someone competitive?

• CJ1642
      CJ1642 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Shadowtrain. I am in the final phases of the hiring process. I am definitely hoping my experience from MFCU helps the transition.

• Shadowtrain
      Shadowtrain commented
      Editing a comment
      @Winter_Patriot
      It really depends. Some agencies and offices love CFEs and others don't care. Every place will likely have a criteria that they are looking for.
      At the end of the day, it's really how you articulate your experiences and what you "bring" to the table - setting you apart from the other applicants.

To the office I interviewed at, no, but I do know someone in another office I have worked joint cases with.

Comment

• Shadowtrain
      Shadowtrain commented
      Editing a comment
      Winter_Patriot
      Are you accurately articulating your experiences in your resume? Make sure you're applying under the correct hiring path for announcements (public, excepted, career condition, etc.)
      Lastly, if there are agencies you really would like to be, it might be worth your time reaching out to HQ, the office, or a recruiter and get a feel for what the agency does and how you can make yourself an ideal candidate.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate the response. I did articulate my experience with investigating fraud, waste, and abuse cases. I described my experience with welfare/childcare benefit fraud in some detail. Most my experience is general fraud, so it's not specialized in any one type of crime. I've never prosecuted health insurance fraud , so I unfortunately couldn't list that. Are there any magic keywords I should be using? I do usually plug the vacancy announcement and questionnaire language into my resume and cover letter. Thanks.

• Shadowtrain
      Shadowtrain commented
      Editing a comment
      @Winter_Patriot
      You may want to reach out to the specific agency HR/Recruiters for more details. If your experiences are accurately detailed, then I would presume you wouldn't have any issues making the referral/certified list. Be aware of the hiring authorities and make sure you have all the appropriate documents uploaded (SF-50s, transcripts, certificates, awards, etc.) or you'll get scratched out before the process even starts.

Also, one item of note is the questionnaire itself. It should reflect your experiences well but depending on the vacancy, only x individuals are selected to move on.

Wish there was a better system to apply for positions, but unfortunately USAjobs is what most of the USG is stuck with.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Very helpful, thanks for taking the time to write that all out. I'll reach out to specific HRs for more info. Usually I don't get referred. I'll doublecheck to make sure I get my SF-50s and transcripts attached, possible I didn't always include them. I did get referred to this announcement though, so things are trending the right direction.

So I have applied to several OIG positions in the past with no luck. This is the first time I’ve even been referred. I’ve been with MFCU three years and I do know they tend to specifically look for healthcare fraud and I was selected for interview because of my specific healthcare fraud experience. A CFE is a definitely a plus but not a must as I do not have mine. If you want a position with OIG HHS, try to find a position where you investigate healthcare fraud is my best advice. I will also say, you don’t need to know someone in order to get an interview because the SA I worked my cases with didn’t know I had put in. I didn’t tell that person until after I was referred and had my interview set up.

Comment

Received a non-select email. Not too surprised, glad I got referred this time. I'm going to take some accounting credits or get my CFE and try again.

Comment

• CJ1642
        CJ1642 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m sorry to hear that, getting your CFE will probably help a lot

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely, looking to do that now. I appreciate the input.

I received my official offer letter and start date today. So from start to finish the process took 4 months but from interview to finished 5 weeks

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, that is a short process for an 1811 job. How soon are you going to FLETC?

• CJ1642
        CJ1642 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t have a FLETC date, they think I will go in next few months

Applied to the recent Direct Hire COVID announcement open to public for 50 applicants. Got referred for GS-11. Anyone else on here apply to same announcement? any update as to when I could possibly here about an interview?

Comment

• VT2k15
        VT2k15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy that. Fingers crossed I get an interview. Will keep you all posted.

• PNW.CFE
        PNW.CFE commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied to this one, but figured it's a long shot for me. Protective service position...I was referred but this definitely is not my background. Could be a good entry into the OIG though. Good luck.

• VT2k15
        VT2k15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah it was interesting seeing the protection part of this for the posting. I’ve got experience in that aspect but curious to see what else they’re wanting because I have NO experience in fraud. Time will tell

• wrx116
        wrx116 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same boat. I got referred for the 11 but I'm a jack of all trades master of nothing kinda guy. TSA, SSA, ICE, USCIS, and now TSA HQ lol. We'll see!
        Last edited by wrx116; 07-12-2021, 09:12 PM.

Can someone clarify:

Im not sure if I am reading the most recent OIG-HHS 1811 COVID posting correctly.

Does the post require you to have already successfully passed FLETC prior to the application?

I was referred, however, I indicated in my responses that I never attended FLETC

Comment

• Treybey
        Treybey commented
        Editing a comment
        So you're saying, In order to apply to don't need to have completed FLETC. However, you need to successfully complete FLETC during the training period?

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        I read that as requiring FLETC after appointment, not a past-tense requirement. AFOSI words theirs the same way and they require FLETC after hiring.

• VT2k15
        VT2k15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im assuming the OI course of fire and control tactics training program are probably add ons at a later date. If not directly after the academy.

• Shadowtrain
        Shadowtrain commented
        Editing a comment
        This question is regarding the COVID direct hire general or COVID direct hire-protection?
        HHS-OIG has an add on that is after FLETC's CITP that covers HHS specific items and OIG curriculum.

So, if you're an applicant that already holds CITP then you're golden. If you hold something like DEA, FBI, Army CID, etc., then more than likely it'll be waived and you get dropped into the add on. That wording from the announcement is a standard boiler plate language.

Now, if you don't hold CITP or equivalent, then after your start date... you go to FLETC and do the add on. Pass and you're golden. If you don't pass... then hopefully you get recycled into another class.

Random side note, generally someone holding a CITP or equivalent will be more desirable as the agency doesn't have to wait for a class slot, but this usually won't matter if "YOU" are the person the office wants and they'll make it work.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4450 users online. 302 members and 4148 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X