Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone apply to the 2021 Wildlife Inspector?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone apply to the 2021 Wildlife Inspector?

Did anyone here apply for the 2021 Wildlife Inspector? I think this announcement was just internal, but seen people advertising it on Facebook as if it was a public announcement. I am sure there would be a lot of outside of consideration disqualifications.

Anyone apply?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it a 6c covered job?

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      Winter_Patriot

I don't think that FWS Wildlife Inspectors are 6c covered. I could be wrong.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know, thanks. I'm not quite sure I want to leave a current covered job, since that'd only give me about 2.5 years to find a new covered job. Ultimate goal is to stay in the 6c-covered retirement

• hawaiitexas
      hawaiitexas commented
      Editing a comment
      Not 6c covered, it is not an armed position

Its non leo, but a 1801. Referrals went out last week. I am current fed and in same field working with Agriculture for 9 mo. I Want to keep in touch to see if anyone hears something.
    Last edited by Jumpywolf; 06-28-2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpywolf View Post
      Its non leo, but a 1801. Referrals went out last week. I am current fed and in same field working with Agriculture for 9 mo. I Want to keep in touch to see if anyone hears something.
      Disagree somewhat with what you wrote about the position being non-leo. WIs do enforce the law in that they make seizures, conduct searches and issue violation notices. They actually have the same statutory authority as a Federal Wildlife Officer and a Special Agent but their responsibilities and methods of enforcement are restricted by policy (no firearms, no arrests). As previously mentioned in this thread, they are not 6c.
      Last edited by warrior1978; 06-29-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Jumpywolf
        Jumpywolf commented
        Editing a comment
        I do the exact same job except under 0401, depending on the location were you are at for seizures, conduct searches and issue violation notices nonleos have to go through a different process on private property to gain access to back areas of businesses not available to the public. I don't view because you have the authority seizures, conduct searches and issue violation notices is a leo. A leo is someone who can arrest and put prison. You can get in serious trouble if you walk on someone property without there permission. The burden of proof lies on the agency.
        Last edited by Jumpywolf; 06-29-2021, 04:39 PM.

Any one received updates?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2389 users online. 136 members and 2253 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X