Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kraut0783
    replied
    Looks like Army CID will be hiring ALOT more civilian agents....a move in the right direction.

"Ford said he is moving ahead with Army plans to increase the number of civilian agents so they would make up about 60 percent of the investigators, while military agents make up the remainder."

https://www.armytimes.com/news/2021/...ove-case-work/
    Last edited by Kraut0783; 10-20-2021, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SDM8492
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing. Just an automated referred email on 9/16.

• leoapplicant036
    replied
    Has anyone received a call from the GS 13 openings at Hood, Bragg, or Carson?

Leave a comment:

• Winter_Patriot
    replied
    There is an entry-level CID announcement here, recent grads only though:
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616776800

Leave a comment:

• B0J0B7
    commented on 's reply
    I had a SFC (E7) who would do his IMA time in my Det. As an 1811, I think he worked up in Command, but I could be mistaken.

• Kraut0783
    replied
    Yep, easy way to complete your 20 in USAR.

Leave a comment:

• SDM8492
    commented on 's reply
    Very common to be a civilian 1811 and Reserve 31D. Most I know are CW2-CW4s in IMA positions.

• DiverB72
    commented on 's reply
    Yes its possible. I've known two guys who were civilian agents with CID as well as Army Reserve CID.

• cmor5150
    replied
    Does anyone know if it’s possible to be a civilian 1811 with cid and also a reservist cid agent at the same time? Would that difficult? I’m sure switching hats would be annoying.

Leave a comment:

• PA_Ed
    replied
    Oh I like this thread, a lot of great information. Following along in hopes of a GS-5 or GS-7 entry-level posting soonish.

Leave a comment:

• Lawness
    commented on 's reply
    Last edited by Lawness; 09-07-2021, 04:02 PM.

• Det_sje
    replied
    Originally posted by parkscout93 View Post
    In case you're curious, I did this math back in February. The number of agents CID has compared to the size of the Army in total number of troops is roughly 1 to 1000, twice that of the Navy/Marine Corps, and quadruple the Air Force. Plus CID has more principals to protect and some of those principals require more agents to protect. Helps paint the picture that CID agents already know... that CID is overworked.

(Yes I realize this doesn't take into account the complexities of what each agency is responsible for investigating regarding which type of troops, their active/reserve status, the civilian components of services, intelligence functions, etc. It's just a quick and dirty comparison.)
    Regarding NCIS they are very much overworked as well. Back in the Army CID Ft. Hood hearing the NCIS director said they only had i believe 783 agents which they are slotted to have around 1200.

Leave a comment:

• parkscout93
    replied
    In case you're curious, I did this math back in February. The number of agents CID has compared to the size of the Army in total number of troops is roughly 1 to 1000, twice that of the Navy/Marine Corps, and quadruple the Air Force. Plus CID has more principals to protect and some of those principals require more agents to protect. Helps paint the picture that CID agents already know... that CID is overworked.

(Yes I realize this doesn't take into account the complexities of what each agency is responsible for investigating regarding which type of troops, their active/reserve status, the civilian components of services, intelligence functions, etc. It's just a quick and dirty comparison.)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• parkscout93
    commented on 's reply
    joman8390 No clue. The Army is just like the rest of the federal government. Takes years to make a decision, and even more years to implement it.

• Det_sje
    replied
    So yea, if your a local/state criminal investigator then its a great opportunity if those applicants are interested. Sorry for the confusion.

As for the commissioned officer agent program, don't hold your breath. We have a civilian director so I would bank on Army CID being heavily mirrored to NCIS.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2156 users online. 126 members and 2030 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X