Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone received a call from the GS 13 openings at Hood, Bragg, or Carson?

Comment

• SDM8492
      SDM8492 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing. Just an automated referred email on 9/16.

• USCG RET
      USCG RET commented
      Editing a comment
      I received a tentative offer for the FT Carson position and accepted, now awaiting the formal background processing to move forward.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. Are you an existing 1811?

• USCG RET
      USCG RET commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I am a former enlisted agent with the USCG.

Looks like Army CID will be hiring ALOT more civilian agents....a move in the right direction.

"Ford said he is moving ahead with Army plans to increase the number of civilian agents so they would make up about 60 percent of the investigators, while military agents make up the remainder."

https://www.armytimes.com/news/2021/...ove-case-work/
    Last edited by Kraut0783; 10-20-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. What percentage of agents are currently civilian?

Regarding the percentage I would say its about 60/40 now with military being 60 percent.

Comment

• SDM8492
      SDM8492 commented
      Editing a comment
      New CID Director Ford has put out that he is seek 60% Civilian / 40% Military

• Det_sje
      Det_sje commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm familiar, but as it stand right now we don't have enough civilian 1811 onboard however it is rapidly changing.

Anybody else get referred for the most recent RG announcement?

Comment

• cscott91
      cscott91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here.

• Big4to1811
      Big4to1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      Referred for all three locations.

• leotoagent1
      leotoagent1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if anyone eligible didn't get referred?

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I was not referred. I didn’t think my certificate would count. I wouldn’t have qualified with my masters because it’s older than two years.

What is the QoL and work tempo like for this position. I believe the ARMY is only hiring for three locations, Bragg, Hood, and Carson. I would believe Colorado Springs/Ft. Carson be a GREAT location to work out of. It's got me thinking really hard, I'm currently in a gs12, 6c coverage position.

Comment

• SDM8492
      SDM8492 commented
      Editing a comment
      1811s at the installation level is a new trend for CID as before the only 1811s were a few Sex Assault Investigators (SAIs). The Army is currently hiring at the 3 locations for now but will eventually hire at all CID locations.

"By 2027, according to a Dec. 3 email from CID chief of staff David Close, the organization will have a 60% civilian and 40% military workforce under a plan approved by Army Secretary Christine Wormuth."

"The plan outlined in the email from CID chief of staff Close, which involves moving to a 60% civilian and 40% military workforce by 2027, will be backed by efforts to bring soldier agents in as civilians — if they so choose."

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...culture-shift/

Comment

Anybody else get a tentative offer for FT Carson?

Comment

No I have not? Did you interview?

Comment

• USCG RET
        USCG RET commented
        Editing a comment
        I did, Mid-November.

1811 (GS-13) vacancy announcements for Fort Carson, CO (2) and Fort Hood, TX (1). Unsure why they re-announced for 3 spots when they just had large announcement back in August.

Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/631987700

Comment

• Ivychips
        Ivychips commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe they exhausted the list
        Last edited by Ivychips; 01-20-2022, 11:47 AM.

• USCG RET
        USCG RET commented
        Editing a comment
        I would speculate some of the previous selected have already pulled out, so they had to re-advertise.

Anyone else receive a referral for either of these two announcements today?

https://www.usajobs.gov/Job/629480700

https://www.usajobs.gov/Job/629498500

Comment

Appears they are moving fast with their vacancy announcements. Most recent posting https://www.usajobs.gov/job/631987700 was open for a brief time January 20th to January 24th, and the notice of results/referrals sent January 27th.

Comment

Any current civilian 1811 CID agents here? Wanted to learn more about the agency such as training, work life balance, and typical day as an agent… please PM me. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• 57IG
            57IG commented
            Editing a comment
            Micromanaged down to counting bullets, from my conversations with SA/ASACs, but again, each office may be different.

• Kraut0783
            Kraut0783 commented
            Editing a comment
            This will really be new ground. The military side of the house was very micro management and they could work you all the time...there was no OT or guaranteed days off if you were a military agent, even the civilian agents that worked sex crimes and MPFU still answered to military commanders. With the new Army CID being run by a civilian and civilian agents making up the general crimes workforce....it will be an interesting transition. I will be interested to see how they start implementing civilian Supervisory Special Agents and replacing military Warrant Officer Team Chiefs.

As far as counting bullets....I always thought that was funny, but it is true...for the military agents in the states, they were issued three magazines of hollow point ammo. OCONUS, you could only use ball and no counting those rounds. Plus very limited off duty carry, and when you were on vacation or training you weren't considered on investigative status and couldn't carry your creds or firearm.

There will be some growing pains and I can already hear the grumbling from the Military Police Officer Corps, because their days of being a staff supervisor in a CID BN will be over, as I'm sure those spots will start to go away. Unfortunately, on the warrant officer side...there will be less spots as the number of CID civilian agents come on board.

Should be an interesting and slow change process. But, until they remove the commanders decision to file charges or not and take all felonies to just the CID and Prosecutors decision process...like civilian law enforcement....these problems with military law enforcement will continue to be an issue.
            Last edited by Kraut0783; 02-08-2022, 11:17 AM. Reason: typos

• DiverB72
            DiverB72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm wondering what the additional work load will be now that Sexual Harassment has been added to UCMJ. I think going to a civilian workforce (60% civilian) and allowing someone to remain at a office for longer than 3 years will be a positive, it will allow for relationship building with civilian LE counterparts and prosecutors. I don't think CID will be able to steal away the experienced 1811's from other agencies. Sorry but "sexual assault' butt grabs will burn you out and documenting every second of your day multiple times in the case file will continue to lead to frustration. I see CID getting some folks out of college who will use CID for the experience then likely bail to other agencies, and there will likely be plenty of E5/E6 or a junior Warrant Officer's who will take the civilian job in hopes of escaping the Army nonsense and to grow roots at a location they want to live in.

The big question us Army Reserve CID Agents are wondering is what role if any we will continue to play? My guess we will continue to support Protective Services and maybe the offices, or maybe in a few years there is no reserve CID Agents, who knows. One thing I know is 11 months from now I hit my 20yr mark, and I'm done. Its been a decent ride, but its time for me to get off and step away.

Originally posted by Calitown View Post
          What is the QoL and work tempo like for this position. I believe the ARMY is only hiring for three locations, Bragg, Hood, and Carson. I would believe Colorado Springs/Ft. Carson be a GREAT location to work out of. It's got me thinking really hard, I'm currently in a gs12, 6c coverage position.
          did you interview bro?

Comment

• Calitown
            Calitown commented
            Editing a comment
            Negative, only a TSL.

Hello everyone. Does anyone know if CID will open up a GS07 announcement? I’m currently a federal DoD civilian but the recent GS09 announcement, they want a year of investigative or a Master’s. Sucks because I’m a GS12 now, and want to apply. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• SDM8492
            SDM8492 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing tentative however a GS-7/Recent Grad announcement has been talked about several times.

Anyone got info on the newest job posting on 1 FEB?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing…yet.

• 1811_USA
            1811_USA commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing concrete. I have chatted with a few of the Military side CID agents about it. It’s a giant push and good for civilian 1811, not good for the military folks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2172 users online. 146 members and 2026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X