Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge news on Army CID Reorganization posted on my Special Agents Blog.

https://www.specialagents.org/

Hopefully, this is going to make Army CID on par with NCIS and OSI in terms of having specialized leadership with investigative experience.

-SA Blog
    Last edited by specialagentblog; 07-18-2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

This is a step in the right direction...but still isn't a fix.

Re-organization of Army CI (civilian) should go into effect in October too.
      Last edited by Kraut0783; 07-19-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you think there will be a big push for entry level 1811s then?

• Kraut0783
        Kraut0783 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good questions...majority of CID Agents are military. We shall see, big expense to increase civilian spots....

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        They're pushing out some internal hire announcements right now, but I would expect to see some civilian positions advertised publicly soon.

Originally posted by 9L81 View Post
      Good to see someone is putting some information out about how to make a good federal resume. I spend far too much time explaining it to people I am recruiting. I'll just start telling them to read your blog.
      Thank you for the vote of confidence. I have worked hard to become a credible referral website for 1811 recruiters and this vote of confidence means a lot.

-Special Agents Blog

Comment

MPFU 1811/ASAC (GS-13) vacancy announcements for Southwest FFO out of San Antonio, TX.

Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609877000

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you expect any entry level MPFU openings?

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          Winter_Patriot the agency is undergoing some major restructuring, mainly to bring on more civilians. There's a possibility.

I’m highly interested in coming over to CID as a civilian. Any idea on what they’ll look for in with ICE now with graduate school under me. I heard that the numbers alone are on our side when it comes to prior 6C people

Comment

MPFU 1811/RAC (GS-14) vacancy announcements for St. Louis, MO, Columbus, OH, and Boston, MA.

Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610910700

Comment

25x 1811 (GS-13) vacancy announcements for Fort Carson, CO (7), Fort Bragg, NC (9), and Fort Hood, TX (9). This is the first external hiring push as apart of the re-organization of USACIDC.

Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612014500

6x 1811/Sexual Assault Investigation (GS-13) vacancy announcements for Fort Carson, CO (2), Fort Bragg, NC (2), and Fort Hood, TX (2).

Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611432700

Comment

• parkscout93
              parkscout93 commented
              Editing a comment
              DiverB72 “ E5/E6 enlisted agents who are tired of working 75hrs a week who enjoy the work but are tired of the Army requirements and are tired of moving every 3 yrs will apply and just continue doing CID work with a pay hike”

You’ve perfectly described me. Relax, it’s a joke.

• DiverB72
              DiverB72 commented
              Editing a comment
              parkscout93 lol I got ya, heck if your only working 75hrs a week let me speak to your SAC, get you up to 100 hrs in no time

• parkscout93
              parkscout93 commented
              Editing a comment
              DiverB72 You’d have to figure out how to get recalled to active duty with CID after I’ve commissioned with a different military branch.

• DiverB72
              DiverB72 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m actually Mobilized now, last one. I’m retiring from the reserves in 2022

Army CID 1811 has openings for U.S. CITIZENS at Bragg, Carson and Hood!!!

Go apply before its to late!!!

Comment

• parkscout93
              parkscout93 commented
              Editing a comment
              There’s no entry level yet because the organization is transforming from 80% military/20% civilian to 60% civilian/40% military, and adding additional investigators. They need experienced investigators first. FYI, these announcements are coming after they’ve already done an internal announcement first, so this is what’s left needed to fill these locations.

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the heads up.
              Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 09-07-2021, 04:30 PM.

• joman8390
              joman8390 commented
              Editing a comment
              parkscout93

Thanks for the info. I also recall that they were going to create a new commissioned officer agent program, any idea when that will get underway?

• parkscout93
              parkscout93 commented
              Editing a comment
              joman8390 No clue. The Army is just like the rest of the federal government. Takes years to make a decision, and even more years to implement it.

So yea, if your a local/state criminal investigator then its a great opportunity if those applicants are interested. Sorry for the confusion.

As for the commissioned officer agent program, don't hold your breath. We have a civilian director so I would bank on Army CID being heavily mirrored to NCIS.

Comment

In case you're curious, I did this math back in February. The number of agents CID has compared to the size of the Army in total number of troops is roughly 1 to 1000, twice that of the Navy/Marine Corps, and quadruple the Air Force. Plus CID has more principals to protect and some of those principals require more agents to protect. Helps paint the picture that CID agents already know... that CID is overworked.

(Yes I realize this doesn't take into account the complexities of what each agency is responsible for investigating regarding which type of troops, their active/reserve status, the civilian components of services, intelligence functions, etc. It's just a quick and dirty comparison.)
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by parkscout93 View Post
                In case you're curious, I did this math back in February. The number of agents CID has compared to the size of the Army in total number of troops is roughly 1 to 1000, twice that of the Navy/Marine Corps, and quadruple the Air Force. Plus CID has more principals to protect and some of those principals require more agents to protect. Helps paint the picture that CID agents already know... that CID is overworked.

(Yes I realize this doesn't take into account the complexities of what each agency is responsible for investigating regarding which type of troops, their active/reserve status, the civilian components of services, intelligence functions, etc. It's just a quick and dirty comparison.)
                Regarding NCIS they are very much overworked as well. Back in the Army CID Ft. Hood hearing the NCIS director said they only had i believe 783 agents which they are slotted to have around 1200.

Comment

• Lawness
                  Lawness commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last edited by Lawness; 09-07-2021, 05:02 PM.

Oh I like this thread, a lot of great information. Following along in hopes of a GS-5 or GS-7 entry-level posting soonish.

Comment

Does anyone know if it’s possible to be a civilian 1811 with cid and also a reservist cid agent at the same time? Would that difficult? I’m sure switching hats would be annoying.

Comment

• DiverB72
                    DiverB72 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes its possible. I've known two guys who were civilian agents with CID as well as Army Reserve CID.

• SDM8492
                    SDM8492 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very common to be a civilian 1811 and Reserve 31D. Most I know are CW2-CW4s in IMA positions.

• B0J0B7
                    B0J0B7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had a SFC (E7) who would do his IMA time in my Det. As an 1811, I think he worked up in Command, but I could be mistaken.

Yep, easy way to complete your 20 in USAR.

Comment

There is an entry-level CID announcement here, recent grads only though:
                    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616776800

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3861 users online. 266 members and 3595 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X