300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston PD

I am currently an 0083 in DC and my old lady is wanting to move to Boston. I was looking at Boston PD but they supposedly have a maximum age of 32 (33 now) but it was rumored they increased the maximum age to 40. Does anyone know anything about this? I have called and emailed Boston PD recruitment about it but to no avail. Maybe thats a sign! Any help would be appreciative.

Boston PD did up their age limit to 40. However, you need to have residency there before you take the next test in 2009. They only accept lateral transfers from other mass. civil service towns.

Comment

Bpd

I worked in mass for 10.5 years before heading south. Boston PD does not accept any laterals. You must attend their full academy ! Just a FYI

Comment

Lumberjack,
        Boston just had the test in May, next test will be in 2009 like already stated above. You need to live in Boston a complete year for residency prior to taking the exam. For residency status for the next 2009 test you need to live in Boston by May 2008. You can take the exam as a no resident also. The problem is that everyone who has residency will go ahead of you even if you get 100 and a resident gets a 75 he goes in front of you. But what happened last test is that the resident list was used up and they hired from the non resident list. I am an officer in DC I grew up in Boston and moved to DC. I lost my residency when I left. I took the test in 2005 as a non resident and put down Boston as my first choice for employment. When the resident list was exhausted I was offered a job but turned it down. Couple guys I work with took the last test in May hoping they go to the non resident list again. Who knows what will happen.
        Good Luck!

Comment

BPD is now taking laterals. FYI.

Comment

Delete delete
            Last edited by mcall80; 06-19-2007, 08:03 AM. Reason: posted twice

Comment

BPD was only accepting laterals that work in MA and fall under a MA cival service locality and have graduated from one of their academy's. Laterals also have to attend a brief academy.

Comment

civil service

either way you are going to have to take the Test, I wouldnt waste your time unless you live in massachusetts atleast 1 year before you take it, get some residency somewhere and hope for a miracle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4183 users online. 245 members and 3938 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X