300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Park Police (National Park Service) Announcement

Just in case anyone here is interested in applying for a 0083 position with NPS.

Federal Employees
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601159500

Public
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601159300

There is an ongoing thread in the DC sub forum. If anyone has general questions about the process, PM me. I went up through the panel interview in 2020.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      You may have saved yourself some grief. It was a mess of an application cycle for a lot of us. I was unimpressed with the lack of communication and miscommunication that happened. I spent thousands of dollars flying back and forth for tests and interviews. I won’t be applying again.

• jdpopo
      jdpopo commented
      Editing a comment
      Winter_Patriot USPP is a complete **** show, all around. I was happy to turn in my badge and gun 5 weeks ago.
      There are some perks to the job though. I think of the job as a stepping stone to something better, as you can get some great street experience.

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      Forester87 I actually didn't apply to this position. I just wanted to let others know that the announcement was up on USAJobs.gov.

Winter_Patriot Ouch! That would definitely sour my opinion of an agency! I don't blame you for not applying again.

jdpopo My only experience with the USPP is from talking to a guest instructor while in training as a NPS U.S. Park Ranger at one of the seasonal LE academies a number of years ago. Did you move to a different agency?

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe you, seems like USPP has some issues. It left a sour taste in my mouth for sure. I definitely would have taken the job though to get the federal patrol experience. I ended up withdrawing to take a federal probation job when I couldn't get any updates from USPP after my panel interview. I would have preferred the boots on the ground experience, but at least my current job stops the age timer until I can get an 1811 job someday.

jdpopo I agree with you. I left USPP about 8 years ago and there were a lot of issues with the agency. That being said, if you want to stop the clock and get decent patrol experience (for a fed at least) it does have some perks.

My class hasn't lost too many people (maybe 6 or 7 out of 24) and those who remained managed to get decent specialized and promotional opportunities and seem to be enjoying it. To each their own!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2844 users online. 165 members and 2679 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X