300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsa 1811

Are there any current or former TSA 1811s here? I understand the job is mostly employee misconduct and am hoping to get a little more information. It seems impossible to find any phone number for TSA OOI field offices.

Just bumping this thread up hoping to get the attention of a TSA 1811.

Comment

Check out this thread:

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...nv-20-711828-g

Short version: It seems they only work employee misconduct cases.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        That's too bad -- that's even narrower than a traditional OIG job.

• Quo Vadis
        Quo Vadis commented
        Editing a comment
        Off topic: Winter_Patriot, I for one wouldn't say that there is one description that captures the "traditional OIG job." Some are almost exclusively about employee misconduct (DOJ, DHS, TIGTA, State, etc), some are mostly working employee misconduct and procurement/grant fraud, and others have a broader mission (Treasury, HHS, HUD, Transportation, SSA, DCIS, etc).

Among the type of work not usually associated with OIGs represented in the last category above: Street-level drug conspiracies (not employee related), protection details, fugitive operations, counter-proliferation, violence against aircrews, importation of counterfeit goods, money laundering, etc.

Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping to learn if TSA OOI has a direct hire capability or if all vacancies are filled through USAJobs announcements. If there is a direct hire option, I would like to forward my resume to a SAC office but I haven't been able to find any contact information.

Comment

Originally posted by mutts View Post
        Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping to learn if TSA OOI has a direct hire capability or if all vacancies are filled through USAJobs announcements. If there is a direct hire option, I would like to forward my resume to a SAC office but I haven't been able to find any contact information.
        I don't even know what floor they work on and I work at TSA HQ!!

Comment

• CoastalCop1811
          CoastalCop1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like a good place to work. No one knows exactly where they are or what they do.

TSA 1811 Postings for Baltimore, MD, Herdon, VA, Springfield, VA, and Seattle, WA.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602312900

Comment

Hello all,
          I'm EOD 6/6/2021
          But some questions I have are:

Can I transfer before my 2yrs of probation?
          Can I apply/leave for another federal position before my probation is up without penalties?

Comment

• mutts
            mutts commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats on your EOD! How did you apply for the position? Was it announced on USAJobs or somewhere else?

• Freshman
            Freshman commented
            Editing a comment
            @MUTTS
            Yeah, in USAJOBS.GOV
            Just type TSA in the search and your location.
            There pretty much always hiring somewhere. The process is kind of quick if you do all the paperwork in a timely fashion.
            Apply>Written Test>Fill Out Background Forms>Airport Interview>Fill Out More Paperwork/Drug Test>Background Check>Ready Pool

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            So i'm pretty sure the position you're referring to is the one that's always on usajobs for many locations. the TSO posiiton. This thread is talking about the criminal investigator postion in TSA, 1811.

Looking for some more insight into this agency/announcement. Announcement said travel at least 50% of the time ? Anyone have any insight why so much travel? Also, do they get g rides and have the so called “telework” capabilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Runamile View Post
            Looking for some more insight into this agency/announcement. Announcement said travel at least 50% of the time ? Anyone have any insight why so much travel? Also, do they get g rides and have the so called “telework” capabilities?
            I tried to get as much info from our agency intranet and there's barely any info regarding OOI. Once I get back to the office I'm going to be asking around since I believe their offices are the floor above ours at TSA HQ.

My educated guess for so much travel is because I believe there are actually less than 100 TSA 1811's iirc, I could be wrong. In addition to fraud, waste, and abuse of TSA resources, their biggest concern is employee misconduct and with a 40,000 plus workforce of mostly entry level employees, the work is probably somewhat consistent. There is always some TSO who is smuggling drugs or someone claiming fraudulent workmans compensation.

With such a small force, I assume travel would be pretty high regarding airports and any other places of surface transport where TSA has jurisdiction. I believe they also refer many of their cases to DHS OIG who either accept a case or reject it and send it back to OOI for their own investigation. That's about all I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Quo Vadis View Post
              Check out this thread:

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...nv-20-711828-g

Short version: It seems they only work employee misconduct cases.
              I know one who retired from the PD and is the LE liaison. Also, his 1811 (Criminal Investigator) duties are not limited to misconduct cases.
              Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Originally posted by 1911user View Post
                I know one who retired from the PD and is the LE liaison. Also, his 1811 (Criminal Investigator) duties are not limited to misconduct cases.
                Your post seems a little ambiguous. Is your acquaintance a TSA 1811, an LE liaison for TSA, or both?

If he’s a TSA 1811 (which is a 12d covered position), did he retire from a PD before the age of 37? That would be...unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Quo Vadis View Post

Your post seems a little ambiguous. Is your acquaintance a TSA 1811, an LE liaison for TSA, or both?

If he’s a TSA 1811 (which is a 12d covered position), did he retire from a PD before the age of 37? That would be...unusual.
                  Sorry for the ambiguity. As I recall, he was a retired LEO and possibly past the age 37 requirement for new agents, (reason for WAIVER). He is a TSA 1811 and is also the LE area liaison. I thought it unusual also, but fellow retired FEDs I worked with said it can be done.
                  Last edited by 1911user; 06-08-2021, 07:01 AM.
                  Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Anyone herd anything ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3214 users online. 232 members and 2982 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X