300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC Question?

Going to be going for an academy soon and want to move my family to Brunswick or the island. Looking for like a 2 bedroom 2 bath that furnished. Can anyone give me any options on apartments, houses to rent for like 6 months. Are certain locations better/safer than others etc.

Thanks in advance!

The neighborhoods along Harry Driggers Blvd (north of fletc) are clean and new. Both homes and apartments like the Retreat at Grande Lake | Apartments in Brunswick, GA.

St Simons is great but would be very expensive for six months.

It's not uncommon for instructors to own rental units specifically for people like you (everyone who works there seems to milk some kind of side hustle). They used to advertise in the center of excellence weekly newspaper. Not sure how to find them otherwise.

Pro-tip: be sure to visit your dorm room daily and muss up the bed and leave a towel on the floor. Or else the Stasi maid service will report you.

The unprepared, the surprise is greater, as is the processing of denial, the fog of confusion and chaos. The prepared and practiced always act quicker.

-Massad Ayoob

Comment

Originally posted by SamCR View Post
      Going to be going for an academy soon and want to move my family to Brunswick or the island. Looking for like a 2 bedroom 2 bath that furnished. Can anyone give me any options on apartments, houses to rent for like 6 months. Are certain locations better/safer than others etc.

Thanks in advance!
      The Enclave in Brunswick is likely the newest apartments in the area....although that isn't saying much.
      Last edited by CoastalCop1811; 05-06-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
        The neighborhoods along Harry Driggers Blvd (north of fletc) are clean and new. Both homes and apartments like the Retreat at Grande Lake | Apartments in Brunswick, GA.

St Simons is great but would be very expensive for six months.

It's not uncommon for instructors to own rental units specifically for people like you (everyone who works there seems to milk some kind of side hustle). They used to advertise in the center of excellence weekly newspaper. Not sure how to find them otherwise.

Pro-tip: be sure to visit your dorm room daily and muss up the bed and leave a towel on the floor. Or else the Stasi maid service will report you.
        I second that Rat, make sure your dorm room looks lived in. FLETC policy states something about not being able to acquire off base housing.

https://www.fletc.gov/sites/default/...%2027Mar15.pdf

Plus, if you are coming here soon, you might have a roommate(more than likely you will, most of the new people do) so keep that in mind. Your roommate will probably appreciate you living off base. He’ll mess up the bed for you.

Comment

• CoastalCop1811
          CoastalCop1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah a buddy of mine was living off post with his family and never messed up his bed. After a few weeks the " Maids" snitched on him. His class coordinator told him that he needs to mess his bed up if he is going to be off post.

FLETC policy states something about not being able to acquire off base housing.
        They outta have a policy against doubling a grown adult in a room made for one with a sleep apnea farter who rubs one out every night when the room goes dark. Just saying.

That policy book is cherry. Page 11, line 8: no gratuitous use of profanity (I'm laughing aloud right now). Line 9. No fraternization between instructors and students. Uh huh.
        The unprepared, the surprise is greater, as is the processing of denial, the fog of confusion and chaos. The prepared and practiced always act quicker.

-Massad Ayoob

Comment

They outta have a policy against doubling a grown adult in a room made for one with a sleep apnea farter who rubs one out every night when the room goes dark. Just saying.

That policy book is cherry. Page 11, line 8: no gratuitous use of profanity (I'm laughing aloud right now). Line 9. No fraternization between instructors and students. Uh huh.
          Yeah, the doubling up is crazy. Just a hustle of FLETC to jam as many people on this place to keep the $$$$$ flowing in.

Comment

Shout out to the maids who have to wash the sheets.

Comment

One if the reasons why I loved living in the crack houses. No ****ing roommates, just housemates and I was never there....
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Before you do all that you may need to ask FLETC if you’ll be authorized to leave post. Since Covid considerations they’ve change a lot of what you could do before to what you can do now.

I won’t presume to know what agency your working for but moving your whole family for a 3 month stint or 5 month stint including the add on) isn’t widely done or at least it wasn’t in 2014. You may just want to think about that before pulling the trigger.

Comment

• fathitman
                  fathitman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  With most people cheating on their spouses when at FLETC you see why they don't want family around.

• ASecretSquirrel
                  ASecretSquirrel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good lord, really?

moving your whole family for a 3 month stint or 5 month stint including the add on) isn’t widely done
                Depends.

In my basic class, no one did it.

In my CITP class, a couple of people did it.

In my agency add-on (all lateral 1811s), half the people did it.

With most people cheating on their spouses when at FLETC you see why they don't want family around.
                My favorite moments were the graduations- watching the cheaters hug and kiss their wives while their classmate honeys pretended not to hate themselves....

-Massad Ayoob

Comment

I would try to get a feel for what your agency add on is going to be like before deciding to move your family. It would have been fine to have a family around during CITP, but during my agency add on we were so busy in the evenings and weekends it wouldn’t have been worth it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2711 users online. 170 members and 2541 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X