300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT / Computer jobs

Does the Police force hire their own computer gurus or do they outsource the IT stuff to third party vendors?

Reason why I ask is because I currently work in the computer field. I have 6 years of corporate IT experience and the Police Department is definitely very dependent on computers and the network infrastructure.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Last edited by pauly82; 06-10-2007, 09:44 AM. Reason: fixed typo per tripledouble's request

Originally posted by pauly82 View Post
    Does the Police force hire their own computer gurus or do they outsource the IT stuff to third party vendors?

Reason why I ask is because I currently work in the computer field. I have 6 years of corporate IT experience and the Police Department is definitely very defendant on computers and the network infrastracutre.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Which police department are you talking about?
    What do you mean by "very defendant on computers"? It's all very confusing. I don't feel comfortable sharing inside information with someone with crappola English skills.

Peace out homey.

Comment

dependent.

Sorry for the typo. Anyone else have any input? Thanks!

Comment

My post is in regards to IT positions in the Law Enforcement industry. This is why I posted in the "Law Enforcement Job Center" forum.

Comment

We have our own seperate IT staff, all civilian. They are under the Administrative Deputy for the department.

Comment

Same here. We have our own IT staff for the SO. Buddy of mine from High School, who is also my room mate, works for them. Kind of nice having my own IT person, hahaha. Then again, I could probably do the job myself, but the extra pay isn't worth giving up the badge/gun and the take home car, hahaha.
            sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3107 users online. 188 members and 2919 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X